[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get rid of sentimental items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (106KB, 728x607px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 728x607px
I am a bit of a hoarder and now me and my husband are moving into a new place I want to have a clean out and reduce the amount of stuff. Trouble is I tend to hold onto stuff for sentimental reasons. Old paints, out of date food, clothes that don't fit me don't matter but if there's a memory attached (I wore that dress to our first date, I made that card for my grandmother who is now dead when I was 5) I can't seem to part with it. My house is filled with things without use such as old toys and clothes.

I've been told time and time again that the memory is within me and the item itself doesn't matter but there's just one problem: I'm losing my memory.

Without the possessions I can't remember these things. Without holding onto the item or seeing it the memories seem to disappear.

So how do I let go of things if letting go of the item means letting go of the memory? Is there a way to keep the memory without the item? Or a way to feel less bad about letting go of pointless memories? I'm not suggesting getting rid of anything that proper sentimental value more the things that are in between sentiment and trash.

Hope that makes sense.
>>
>>17955244
write your memories down in detail with each item as you discard it. retain your writings instead of garbage. problem solved.
>>
>>17955256

Not op but this is a brilliant idea, maybe even start a photo album
>>
>>17955256
I wonder though how much paper that would take as surely each memory would take several pages to fill in all the details? And it wouldn't be the same as touching/seeing/smelling the thing in invoking memories.
>>
Any other advice?
>>
>>17955268
>what is Microsoft word
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.