[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Does One Dance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 911stillhappened1x1flipped.jpg (31KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
911stillhappened1x1flipped.jpg
31KB, 270x270px
How does on dance? And how do you learn to do it?

No matter what club/venue I go, I just can't do it; especially alone. I've been taking classes for four years now. About seventeen different styles if I kept count correctly. And still, for reasons even unknown to me, I can't get the hang of it.

Usually with a partner, it's much easier for me. But other than that, I completely fail at a consistent rate. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. And any different methods, styles, techniques, and practises I adopt, whatever I can get from instructors, online, books, etc. haven't worked for me. Nor has any time I spent improving my skills.

Additionally, virtually all the venues/clubs I go to like to advertise themselves as being a safe and friendly environment. But I've felt many hostilities there. Usually because of my inexperienced dancing. Often harsh enough to make me leave.

And considering the past thirty or so places I've experienced those hostilities, a huge chunk of those in a row, I've almost stopped dancing entirely. Because when this happens while you're dancing, you're a lot more vulnerable, making the impact more pungent. And resultingly, I'm now prone to panic attacks at any time of the day. And have started to develop suicidal habits.

I want to know how to dance, and dance well, though. Just so I can appear more attractive, fun, and appealing on dates. And so I can get out of the house more. But these consistent failures, and frightening experiences, are starting to make me agoraphobic.
>>
>>17955044
>You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind. Because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.
>>
Learn some sweet disco moves
I was a kissles virgin all throughout high school until my last year when i started bustin some groovy moves and i got a gf shortly after
>>
Sounds like you suck because you're overthinking it. So I'll break it down a bit.

First, focus on your hips. They're the main thing you need to sync with the rhythm of whatever the tune is. Just bop up and down until you feel something "click".

After that, start moving your whole body for point A to point B (aka the two-step). Feel the music flow through you. Once you got this down pat, you can always start stepping in a square or triangle formation. It's supposed to be simple!!

This is the best way to dance if you don't want to get fancy, don't worry. Not everyone at the club is meant to do the Melbourne shuffle, that's for gay raver goofballs.

Also, YouTube has some good tutorials.

>>17955117
Or just listen to John Travolta over here, he knows what's up.
>>
File: drinking.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
drinking.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>17955210
>Sounds like you suck because you're overthinking it.
That tends to happen when people treat you hostility for your dancing. And being laxed about my dancing, having a clear head, has incurred worse results.

>They're the main thing you need to sync with the rhythm of whatever the tune is.
That's the thing, I can't sync up with the rhythm. After four years, I fail at that hard. Every keeps telling me to to just listen for the beat in the song, but I don't know beat they're talking about. There's even been times where I would spend hours listening to music, or just one song, and still can't hear what beat they're talking about.

>It's supposed to be simple!!
It hasn't.

>Also, YouTube has some good tutorials.
And none of them have done anything for me.
>>
>>17955070
first post best post
>>
>>17955264
>>17955044
OP we need information.
What kind of dancing and music? Most locations that play music for partber dancing wouldnt really be fit for solo dancing. I am a little confused. If it's club/house/EDM/techno etc. I can help you
>>
>>17955472
>What kind of dancing and music?
At least fifteen different genres at this point. Ballroom, jazz, salsa, tango, blues, swing, electronic, club, waltz, you name it.
>>
>>17955501
so... what stops you from going somewhere and doing what you learned in these courses? You must have learned some standard moves there, right?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.