[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting that curious, social spark back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: scream at computer.jpg (25KB, 592x396px) Image search: [Google]
scream at computer.jpg
25KB, 592x396px
I don't know how I was so good at it when I was a youngin' anons, but I can't seem to meet new people online anymore. I got a new Skype recently, and already having it for a year, I made maybe 3/10 the amount of friends I used to have.

I'm starting to get desperate, sitting in populated MMORPG areas, mostly Tera, and watching people talk to eachother, not knowing how to start and just quit.
I don't care if it's a 12 or 40 year old, I just need some new friends.
I only have two friends I talk to daily, and another one who lives in Lebanon, like fuck.

Skype and Steam are the programs I use, if I have to make a Discord or a TeamSpeak then I will, I just need some kind of friendly interaction or I'll just sit here and waste time. I've tried to go outside and meet new people, but I live in a rural area of Michigan, so the only thing here is normies who like sports and farming.

I like anime and vidya games, my favorite thread is r9k. I think of myself as polite, but really boring. I also have no money at the moment to purchase games, otherwise I'd be doing this same thing on Overwatch or something.

I need advice on how to make friends online like I used to when I was 7-12, constantly and I actually had fun.

>inb4 I need a relationship
>inb4 Go outside
TL;DR i need more lads
>>
i used to have a similar problem but 4chan was the only online community i'd been a part of for my whole life

just start shitposting hardcore on a community for anime/video games other than 4chan, that uses names/profiles etc

you don't even have to make an effort to really meet people depending on the community, i was out of an internet connection for almost two years and when i finally got one i just messed around and posted whatever came into my head

now i'm fairly well known and i've met tons of people without really trying to make new friends and have a lot of people i could easily talk to, they come to you over time

this probably didn't help since i didn't give you any concrete advice on how to talk to people or anything but idk
>>
>tfw you can meet people online or even in person and you think you could become good friends, then they just don't even care after you text or message them and the potential friendship dies out
Every fucking time.
>>
>>17955003
I guess I could try to be a well-known shitter on /a/ JoJo threads, since I lurk those alot
>>17955008
Basically all of my Skype friends besides the three I stated, feelsbadman
>>
Honestly anon, just start not giving a shit.

Not joking, there's a reason why meatheads always gets girls and friends, and its because they are not smart enough to care.

Just stop caring and say fuck it
>>
>>17955020
I've only ever been like that in real life when lots of things are happening and everyone around me is for whatever reason happy or excited.

I have a hard time doing that online without being a complete shitter though, I've tried and I just end up being an asshole if whoever I'm talking to doesn't personally know me.
>>
>>17954996
It's not worth it. Die. Die now
>>
Stop being bored and uninspired by yourself, then you won't feel social burnout.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.