[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental breakdown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1476232127863s.jpg (6KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476232127863s.jpg
6KB, 250x200px
So how do I even start... I'm a insecure and anxiety ridden piece of shit human who just needs and love/compassion but I always hide from it because I feel like I'm not good enough for anyone. This whole week after school I've been crying my fucking eyes out because I'm breaking down and keep doing this life shit, I need help but I don't have anyone to lift me up. Today I tried talking to some girl and it was the best feeling I've had in months but I still didn't talk to a girl I've been crushing on and I went from happiness to depressed because I realized I'm just a fuck up. Crying right now and I don't know what to do. Yall told me to make effort and actually try/think happier and it worked but I'm not there mentally to keep it going. Please help me /adv/, do I just keep going or stop?
>>
>>17954850
>keep doing this life shit
What do you mean by this?

>Please help me /adv/, do I just keep going or stop?

Obviously you keep going. None here are experts on psychology or psychiatry, you should probably seek out the counselor provided by the place you're earnign your degree from, they're required to provide such a person, it's confidential, and they actually will have some credentials.
>>
>>17954922
>keep doing this life shit
>What do you mean by this?
I meant that just living and pretending that things are fine have tooken a toll on me mentally. Also I don't want to talk to anyone through school mostly because they'd do some crazy shit or I'd just skip out because I'm a piece of shit who can't even think about my failure without crying.
>>
>>17954929
There's no shame in getting help. Seek out a psychologist or a psychiatrist none of us are mental health experts, or know how to properly advise you. But you're not a piece of shit, and you can feel better.
>>
>>17954947
I'm sorry but I just don't want to get involved in that... This would only make my problems worse.
>>
>>17954970
What anon is trying to say is that us talking giving you answers won't help you in the long run, those internet articles or /adv/ won't help you change your thought process or whatever is the root to your depression. You need to get some professional help or you tough it out. Only you know if you need profesionnal help or not, making a thread is a waste for you for us. We don't have the answers you're looking for.
>>
>>17954850
Do you have anyone you feel like you could open up to and talk to about this? If not a therapist, friends or family (provided they aren't shitheads) can be a real life saver.

>>17954970
If you don't mind me asking, why do you think a therapist would make your problems worse? There's nothing shameful about seeing one, if that's what you're worried about. It's just admitting that there is a problem and trying to work it out.

Don't give up on life though. Everybody has worth in some way, and that includes you
>>
>>17954980
I think any and everyone who is suffering from chronic depression, anxiety, or generally does not feel right or happy should seek the help of a medical expert even if it is their normal doctor or medical practitioner, and we shouldn't just dismiss people with problems but point them in the right way. Toughing it out as a choice isn't a great piece of advice, anon, that's like telling people to bottle their feelings up, which isn't wise either.
>>
>>17955001
>There's nothing shameful about seeing one, if that's what you're worried about. It's just admitting that there is a problem and trying to work it out.

>Don't give up on life though. Everybody has worth in some way, and that includes you

THIS. Wise words said by a wise anon, said very eloquently.
>>
>>17955001
I'll try talking to family but I just dont want to be crying in front of them and I feel therapists would try to prescribe me some shit or send me somewhere plus I don't know the procedure.
>>17955014
I did appreciate the last /adv/ I got which told me to fight my fears and talk to some girl in liked but for some reason I can never find satisfaction.
>>
>>17955065
>I did appreciate the last /adv/ I got which told me to fight my fears and talk to some girl in liked but for some reason I can never find satisfaction.

talk to a therapist
>>
>>17955068
Why do yall keep saying This? I appreciate it but I'm not paying money for this shit
>>
>>17955079
Is money more important than your mental condition?
>>
>>17955082
Possibly because if I'm poor I'd just be stressed again
>>
>>17955065
Send you someone? No. Only the very truly crazy cannot realize that they have a problem. Also there are psychologists who engage in talk therapy and behavioral modication therapy, basically telling you how to think and act in ways to improve your life situation. Then there are psychiatrists, who diagnose you, and often prescribe a drug of some sort.

Chronic depression often needs to be medicated, because it's not your fault nor is it a character flaw, but it is often attributed to a chemical imbalance in the brain.

The best method is to see both a psychologist and a psychiatrist or a therapist who takes both a drug and behavioral approach to attack the problem from all sides.

There's nothing wrong with being on prescription drugs. I've been on prescription drugs since the 7th grade. I asked my mom to take me to a psychiatrist. I had/ have really bad OCD, and I take zoloft (which is often used to also treat depression but I take it for OCD, serotonin levels have a lot to do with depression and ocd, so the mechanisms of action can be similar), I also take xanax for anxiety. It makes a world of difference, I don't feel stressed out all the time, or worrying all the time, and I fel like I can function without having the circular thinking patterns that were consuming my life. I didn't tell people in highschool or middle school I was on medication, but I was open about it in college.

I know a few things because I studied psychology in college but I don't have the level of education required to treat anyone, although hopefully one day I would like to become a therapist to help people who have been in my position.

Therapy isn't this big scary monster that's going to snatch you away and force you to take pills, especially since you recognize you're not feeling well and want to get better, talk it over.
>>
>>17955079
Insurance often helps pay for the doctor, mental illness is just as real a disease as an physical ailment. In fact it is physical, you just can't feel it because there are no pain receptors in your brain. A chemical imbalance in the brain is just as physical and real as any other sort of problem that can occur in the body.

Theres more people seeing therapists than you think.
>>
>>17955101
I'm in my 30's now btw, seeking my masters, so my life was improved by therapy, not hurt.
>>
File: 1482590928815.jpg (171KB, 647x820px) Image search: [Google]
1482590928815.jpg
171KB, 647x820px
Listen to music, exercise, find a hobby and stop masturbating everyday. You won't go anywhere wallowing in self pity. Get out there, make a shit ton of mistakes and learn from them.
>>
>>17955105
by that I mean the brain itself cannot feel pain or tell you when something is wrong wih itself. It has pain receptors for the rest of your body, but it does not have nerves within it that send signals of distress.
>>
>>17955114
This is what I've been trying to do and shit but for some reason I've been very sensitive this week and for something that seems so petty (not talking to girl because too anxious) it made me contemplate suicide.
>>17955101
Intresting
>>17955105
I do know how bad mental illnesses are but I seriously don't want to get it this far involved
>>
>>17955116
So I could be fucked and wouldn't know it?
>>
>>17955082
Yes. Money makes it so you can do things like live and get help. Money is always more important that anything in life because you can't have anything without it.
>>
>>17955114
The only thing you learn from that is you fuck everything up. Is that supposed to be some sort of life changing, ultra inspiring experience?
>>
>>17956137
So Are you saying that anon was wrong? I feel better than last night but still feel a little crappy because it's still lingering
>>
>>17956158
A lot of the anons that post on here are wrong and know they are wrong. There's a good bit of fun had by people who like seeing those run around with the wrong information.

The best advice that comes to mind is to take into consideration how you're not the only person who feels this way. This means that you actually have a whole bunch of friends around the world who think just like you and want to be good people, you just haven't met them yet. They're most likely just as shuttered and closed off from people as anyone could be. That's fine, we don't knew their life story. Just look at it from an outside point of view; outside of yours and everyone else's. Doing so from a logical mindset helps to take your depression and such as a key character detail, rather than something holding you back. You're supposed to be the way you are, just like every positive fuck is going to tell you you're not.
>>
>>17954850
AS a nurse working in psychiatry you have two(3) options.

1. Seek help from your GP or any mental hotline

2. You fix it yourself. Spend at least 1 hour av day doing something uncomfortable or something you don't usually do. Library, cafe, exercising outdoors, join a club of something you enjoy or think you might enjoy etc. Get outside and at least pretend to be normal.

If you are shut in. Take a walk daily. 30 min minimum. Not only is it good for your health, you fix your back too.

Basically, expose yourself. IT took med 24 years before i realised i actually have to expose myself to potentially meet New friends and lover. Nobody Will come knocking on your door asking you to hang out with them.

3. Kill yourself. If you cant seek help or get outside attempting to fix it, then there is no helping you.
>>
>>17956166
>>17956173
I'll try fixing this myself by trying to talk and get out more then. Friday was great because I took a risk and talked to some girl and she seemed cool so atleast I Have hope in that.
>>
>>17956179
Exactly. Take more chances. I've always disliked partying AS i prefer a good book or videogame instead. but after forcing myself to say yes to invitations i've ended up having lots of fun with co-workers.

If you ever get invited to anything. SAY YES. If you redusere invitations people Will stoppa inviting you.

At least show up. Say hi. Hang around a while. If the party is shit, just say goodbye and leave. They might go "don't leave" on you but do what you feel is right. If staying a few more hours might get you laid, then do so. If it freels like a waste of time, leave.

At least you showed up. People remember that(usually).
>>
File: 1482725825055s.jpg (2KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1482725825055s.jpg
2KB, 125x100px
>>17956224
Thanks based anon
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.