[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>26 >finally getting this whole dating/getting with girls/relationships/hooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 4-1282459588-bg-chubby-pikachu.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
4-1282459588-bg-chubby-pikachu.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>26
>finally getting this whole dating/getting with girls/relationships/hooking up thing
>so do I get married and have kids because I'm almost thirty
>or do I fool around and have fun and keep enjoying myself?
>>
>>17954552
depend do you wanna take the risk of ending up alone ?
>>
>>17954552
having children is a million times better than fucking randome people. children give life meaning.
>>
>>17954565

Then why do teenage boys fuck around? I don't want to miss out on playing the field.

>>17954562

Not really, but I don't see how I'd end up alone.
>>
>"Is she the one?"

When this question is a yes, put a ring on it.
>>
>>17954567
your not missing anything. sex with strangers isn't great. I'm 27 married with two kids. sex with my husband is by far and away the best and most exciting. it's amazing building a life with someone you love. seeing your kids grow and having a deep trusting love with your spouse is infinitely more fofilling then playing the field.
>>
>>17954613

But surely you played the field before settling down. Or else everyone would settle down at 16. And if you're a girl, I think it is different.
>>
>>17954613
On the other hand, a family is a huge commitment. Once you have one you won't be able to change your career as easily, won't be financially independent (in fact you're a sort of debt slave to your family) you won't get to sleep with anybody you want to (and may eventually lose faith that you can) plus if you lose your job you have 4 lives to think about not just one. Your priorities get skewed and your life becomes about finding balance between family and non family life. It's not as easy as finding balance when you're single.

I'm 25 and not thinking about kids or a family for a long long time
>>
>>17954613

Female opinion

>>17954728

Male opinion

Essentially

sex is to guys as marriage is to girls.
>>
>>17954725
no IV been with my husband since I was very young IV been with two other men and two women but I found it nasty to sleep around like that and was over it right away

>>17954728
there is no family and non family life, it's just my life. people are so self centered they see a family as a berden. it's not that at all I don't have to worry about losing my job, I have a partner that would help my pick up the slack. I'm not indebted to them, they are a joy in my life and the reason I get up every morning. holding my new born daughter in my arms is the more amazing beautiful and alive moment IV ever had in my life. and also having a partner you can trust and be completely open with makes sex about a million times better. like I could try anything i wanted with my husband. the stuff we get up to makes one night stands seem boring.

>>17954738
a good marriage has lots of sex.
>>
>>17954552
I vote keeping fooling around until you meet the one.
>>
>>17954795
You can't spell and to me, your whole life is boring
>>
>>17954810
o yes I'm not letting every guy at the bar stick his dick up me, I'm so boring.
>>
>>17954738
It's not that easy anon. I'm a 22 year old male and I didn't get laid until I was 20, I didn't start having casual sex until about 8 months ago. Fooling around is fun but it's so unfulfilling. I'm at a point where if I found a girl I really liked as a person, I would have no quarrels with taking it seriously and plan for the long term.

The way I see it, OP: Do you feel like you'll be missing out if you don't sleep around? If you do, sleep around until you get tired of it or you meet someone who is more fulfilling than casual sex. For some guys, that bar is set really high, and for some guys, like me, settling wouldn't be all that scary. It depends on your personality man. The last thing you want is to settle and then later feel like you missed out, though.
>>
>>17954818
But apart from having kids and keeping your husband what have you actually accomplished? Like have you ever written any books or had any interesting jobs? Any hobbies at all? Or is it just the family?
>>
>>17954738
Yeah, girls tend to like legally locking a man into providing for her financially for an extended period of time
>>
>>17954854
lots, I scuba dive, drew, read, hike, IV even skydived before. I have a good career that I recently moved up at actually. I know how to make stain glass, and do a lot of home improvement stuff. a lot of my hobbies I share with my kids or my husband. like my daughter and I both do gymnastics and contortionist. my husband and I like to paint together. some stuff I do by myself but it's not hard to find time really.

>>17954864
I make more money then my husband lol. not all women are gold diggers though it's sad how many are.
>>
>>17954875
That I think is a lot less boring than most married people!
>>
>>17954926
I feel like a lot of people like give up on life or something once they get married. they act like sex has to get boring, like kids keep you from going anywhere. none of that has to be true if you don't make it that way. fine the right person find things that are exciting to do together. take joy even in the mondaine things in day to day life, just be happy for the love and companionship that come from a family.
>>
>>17954934
I love your positive outlook but I have to interject with what I feel are the negatives.

People change over time. Sometimes people get nasty. If they're your family you have to stick with them or else you're terrible for abandoning them. But this can mean being stuck with a nasty person for years and years.

If you're married, so much is riding on the success of your relationship, which as history is showing us with staggering divorce rates, is getting less and less likely.

Dysfunction effects more than just the relationship. If the adults have a toxic relationship the kids start bickering with their classmates and pretty soon the principal is involved. If the bad behaviors aren't addressed early on, the kids grow up unscrupulous and cold. If you believe that nurture is just as important as nature, it's not such a stretch to believe that all of society's problems come from cracks in the family unit.

People don't always know what's best for themselves in their own relationships. It sounds like you and your husband have your shit together, but I'm sure you have a friend or relative you consider good or smart, who married somebody you consider... we'll say less good or less smart. Sometimes people in shitty relationships start to panic and make a family out of desperation. Those never turn out well.

My point basically is that families are only as good as the people in them.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.