[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does age matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Aubrey_Plaza.gif (1MB, 321x180px) Image search: [Google]
Aubrey_Plaza.gif
1MB, 321x180px
There's a girl that I have known for three years now. She is a sister of one of my best friends, and I spend a lot of time at their house. Her family loves me and we are in the same friend circle, so we spend a lot of time together. Up until recently, I was unaware of any feelings she had towards me, but one of our mutual friends slipped up and told me that she has always had a huge crush on me. I've always thought that she was an attractive girl, but I never thought of her as being more than friends. I confronted her about it, and she confirmed her feelings. Now, here is the age part: I am twenty, in my second year of college, and she is 17 and a junior in high school. Is the age gap that big of a deal? What should I do?
>>
Thats nothing, there's 5 years between me and my wife (been together for 6 years) and 20 years between my parents (Been together for 26 years)
>>
3 years is not a big deal, but sometimes you may feel you are with a kid if date her. Go for it.
>>
Most of my friends tell me to wait at least until she is 18, but I don't think that will be easy for either of us
>>
>>17953903
Just do it my twin and her now bf of like 2 and half years started dating when my sister was still 16 turning 17 and he was 19 turning 20
>>
Half your age plus seven = 17; You're all good matey. 3 years is honestly nothing. The only thing I'd be worried about is if the relationship goes custard, you stand to make it awkward with her family and/or your friend circle.
>>
A friend of mine was in an extremely similar spot about a year or two ago, except he was 22 and she was 17 and a junior. Things worked out fine for them, but I'm also in Missouri and the age of consent here is 17. If you're 20, though, I think Romeo and Juliet laws still work everywhere in the US. You're definitely fine.

I'm 22 and I'm contemplating asking out a 17 year old who is a senior. I know she likes me, and I'm really into her, but the age thing makes it weird. I turn 23 right before she turns 18. She's such a catch though. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
>>
I dated a 16 year old when I was 22

i fell madly in love with her, but she grew out of me.

To this day I cant get over her

dont do it mate
>>
>>17954775
Honestly, to me, it's always worth the risk. Getting dumped is a part of life. A really shitty part, but still a part.
>>
File: 1483266705921.gif (2MB, 266x135px) Image search: [Google]
1483266705921.gif
2MB, 266x135px
>>17954916
>he fell for the "its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." meme

Trust me, I've known both feels, the no gf, and the break up.

The break up feel is fucking devastating, it cripples you. Its impossible to function. It's hard to eat and sleep.

with tfw no gf, youre still bummed yeah, but at least your life wasn't sucked out of you.
>>
>>17954932
I guess we have different perspectives man. I've been there and yeah, it sucks, but that's life. The breakup is the downside to the upside. I'd rather ride the rollercoaster than watch everyone else go for a ride, though.
>>
>>17954194
The only reason it would be an issue is if the parents make it one. You should be able to find out if there is a problem.
>>
>>17954932
I agree, much better to be alone than to be getting over someone
>>
>>17953909
>20 years
Jesus Christ
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.