[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I Depressed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1468772060575.jpg (1MB, 2595x1535px) Image search: [Google]
1468772060575.jpg
1MB, 2595x1535px
So, I've had people in the past tell me I'm depressed. Both my father and internet anons have told me this. 25 year old male, dropped out of college 4 1/2 years ago, currently work in security. Diagnosed autism makes me too "slow" for everything else.

Before I start, I'm not diagnosed or anything, but I took a couple of online tests that really spoke to me, even if they're not valid. Here are all the things that appealed to me on some level.

>Feel life is not worth living (NOT SUICIDAL, just don't see the point in putting in the effort. If you're going to be miserable no matter what, then why bother)
>Get stressed very easily
>Get depressed at the turn of each season, summer into fall and winter into spring (feel like I wasted time)
>Learning disorder as child and adult
>Have trouble remembering or concentrating
>Lost interest in things I used to enjoy (drawing)
>Live in Northern Hemisphere
>Feel like life is going nowhere
>Have difficulty making decisions
>Feel fatigued
>Feel a need to always change or move around, though I don't have enough money to do so
>Takes great effort for me to do simple things
>Feel guilty about various things and need to be punished
>Feel like a failure
>Feel more dead than alive
>Feel Trapped
>Somewhat depressed when good things happen to me
>Tend to avoid events or getting out of the house except for work and grocery shopping
>Irritable and quick to anger
>Feel discouraged, unmotivated and uninspired.

So, am I depressed, guys? If so, any tips or guides for how to deal with depression?
>>
>>17953582

>im not diagnosed or anything
>i just took a biased test that tells everyone they're depressed unless they say they are perfect

top kek

>any tips for how to deal with depression

thereapy

>but that sounds hard/expensive

the alternative is a lifetime of misery, so go invest in some insurance, cut a few costs and see a therapist.
>>
>>17953582

all that being said, you cute? i dig autistic guys desu especially if they have curly hair desu
>>
>>17953590
Is security a good job?
>>
>>17953590
>i just took a biased test that tells everyone they're depressed unless they say they are perfect
>top kek

Like I said, I know it's baity. However, my father, and others have told me I'm depressed, and, well, I feel the symptoms.

>>17953595
Not really, $10 an hour for me with garbage health insurance, but it's full time.
>>
>>17953600
I don't really care about money desu, I mean does it make you want to kill yourself?
>>
>>17953595

depends waht you want out of life. my brother was in securit and made a shit ton of money but he worked all night which he (And a lot of people) do not appreciate. its also just a lot of money for 'all things considered'. its not a REAL career, you dont have security guards putting their kids through college.

but with the right gig you can barely support a family assuming your wife works too.
>>
>>17953604

depends on what makes you want to kill yourself. some people hate it. some people love it. it depends on what kind of lifestyle you want to live. and the type of security job.

amazon workers make like 20 bucks an hour just walking around once an hour and spending the rest of the time writing in a journal (They can't read as thats TOO immsersive, but they are allowed to write in a journal).

but other security guards are being paid minimum wage to stand by a mall and feel humiliated.
>>
>>17953600

>i feel the symptoms

then go to therapy.
>>
>>17953605
Well I'm 19, living with my parents, have 5 free months before going to the military and I have the opportunity to quite easily get a job in security. So idk it sounds like a good option for me right now.
>>
>>17953610
This, therapy will help a lot. Don't be afraid and just go
>>
>>17953614

its money in the pocket OP, worst case scenario you hate it and then quit. nothing to lose by trying
>>
>>17953625
Not OP, but I'll try that shit mayne
>>
>>17953604
No. In fact, out of every job I've worked since I started working at 17, compared to kitchen shit, dishwashing, cashiering, etc., it's fantastic.
>>
>>17953630
Alright, thanks for the info my man
>>
>>17953595
NO.
I wouldn't be surprised if OP became (more) depressed because of this job. I worked as security too while in college and it's the most agonizing shit. Hours and hours of doing fuckall except standing around, especially at night. It takes a heavy toll on your legs, your happiness and general life balance.
Don't work there unless you're between jobs.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.