[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Overprotective Parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: mmmmm.jpg (31KB, 634x375px) Image search: [Google]
mmmmm.jpg
31KB, 634x375px
I'm 24(almost 25) and my parents treats me like a child. They always have been like this. I go out with friends, I gets a call at 8pm and get another 5/6 calls till i get home.

Sadly, my parents have fucked my life. I have low esteem, no gf, no good job and no aim - at some point I think I'm destined to be a failure. I'm afraid to step out of comfort zone and cannot really socialize. I believe my friends look at me like some kind of weirdo faggot.

My parents are literally telling me what to do and what not to. I tried to talk about it in cool, talked about it in angry voice tone. But nothing seems to work out.

At some point, i think they are doing this because I'm only child or they have some anxiety issue. And large portion of anxiety is vested to me.

May be, I will kill myself when I'm 30. Things are not working and not sure if it will be great in next few years.
>>
Yeah your parents need to chill the fuck out and you need to get the hell out of there
>>
You should look into becoming a Pokemon trainer.
>>
>>17953058

This is a common problem with being an only child. I have a friend who was in the same boat, still somewhat is. The only way to fight it is to act like an adult. You have to clearly (without throwing a tantrum) express where the lines are that they shouldn't cross. Instead of trying to shut them out of your life for good, offer them slots where they can still fit.
>"I can't talk tomorrow, mum, I'm busy, but I'll give you a call the day after."
>"Nah, dad, I'll try to fix X on my own first. If something goes wrong, I'll call."
Stuff like this is what worked for my friend at least. Express clearly when their help or opinions aren't wanted, but give them something that makes them still feel like your parents. If you manage to get your space from your parents, it will probably do good for your self-esteem, if you can prove to yourself too than you can handle life without them breathing down your neck. Also, if one of them is more chill (or other realtive, like uncle, aunt, grandparent) talk to thar parent first and try to win them over to support your case. Easier to battle this, if someone's got your back.
>>
>>17953061
the thing is, i don't have enought money to move out and live independently + there is college cost.
>>
>>17953065
never liked pokemon
>>
>>17953090
it is not working. like i told you, i tell them I know what is wrong and which is right. i'm good at studies and don't do hard drugs beside drink once in a week (at most).

It is really hard to convince them. They will stop only once they have seen me as a failure or as a lunatic.
>>
>>17953124

If nothing genuinely works, I suggest seeking outside help. A therapist could help sort out family tensions and sooth whatever baseless fears are making them overreact like this.
>>
>>17953058
Why the everloving fuck are you still living at home then? I had shitty parents too, guess what, age 17 I moved into my own apartment. Don't complain about shit if it's your own fault.
>>
>>17953058

your parents may affect how you feel but only you decide how you act.

get out and do the things you claim you want to do.
>>
>>17953058
You respond with equal force.
>gets a call at 8pm and get another 5/6 calls till i get home
How hard is to turn phone off?

>I have low esteem, no gf, no good job and no aim
This isn't your parent's fault. This is your own doing.

Try small steps: get a job.

>anxiety
Yea yea. The only way how to defeat it is to man up.

Also you are 25. Your parents can't force you to do things. I bet you can at least outrun them. Their only weapon left against you is mental terror. You can beat that easily.
>>
>>17954328
>>17954328
>How hard is to turn phone off?
I do. but when i reach home mom starts bitching.
>This isn't your parent's fault. This is your own doing.
at somepoint may. but overprotective parents fucked my mind

>Try small steps: get a job.
Told you. I have one. money isn't enough
>>
>>17953058
Move out.
Move out!
Move out.
Move out
Move out.
Move out!
Move out.
Move out?
Move out.
You're too old to live with your parents
Move out
The end
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.