[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Children

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

My boyfriend is 34 and I'm 24. I don't want them now but I'm 75% sure I want kids eventually. I knew he wasn't crazy about the idea but I broached the subject last night and he says in the 4 years we've been together he's not warmed up to the idea at all.

What do I do here? We have the best relationship I've known anybody to have in my life, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

At the same time I dont want to turn thirty, decide I really really want kids and have him say no and gave to try and date 10 years past my prime or do it alone without him

any advice? thank you
>>
what is the state of this world where manchildren can make it to thirty and have a woman ten years younger who is more maternal than them.

i feel this is an exeption to the norm.

you have to red pill his ass. tell him all about the culture war and how whites are being out bred and are set to be race replaced in two generations. tell him you will take his seed and proliferate it along the grand tapestry of history.

if he still says no, call him a cuck, leave him; and if you are 7/10 or above with no genetic disease, then find me and i will impregnate you.
>>
>>17953044
yikes
>>
>>17953026
Discuss this with him deeply.
If he's so convinced he never wants kids, just spend some time alone and decide if the possibility of never having kids is fine for you or not.
If your views are irreconcilable, then leave.

I broke up with a guy because of this. It isn't easy. It hurt a lot and it made my life miserable for a long time. It's really hard to leave a relationship you are happy in, but it's the best bet for your future.
>>
>>17953052
Have you found someone new that's okay?? I'm so scared about this. He's not like anyone else I've ever met and just, so wonderful in so many ways I never thought I'd get. And I'd hate how much it would hurt him too..

He had bad parents and a bad childhood and I've hoped that maybe seeing a better side of things would change his mind, but that might be a really stupid thing to bet on
>>
>>17953062
Yes, eventually I did. Took me a long time, but I am happy with my boyfriend and we're getting married in a year and half, when I'm done with med school.

Discuss it with him, really. Explain to him your concerns. And take some time to think about it and consider all the possibilities.
Would it make you unhappy to never have kids? Could you live with it?
>>
>>17953076
You could always adopt kids later if you feel you are "past your prime."

Can never get over the shingles vaccines commercials where they say "for people over 50, please do not take if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant."What?
>>
>>17953048
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>17953076
We discussed it last night.. A little drunkenly at a concert.. I'll try to have a more coherent talk.
I think the issue is that I don't know how much not having kids would affect me. I dont want them right now and I dont know if I'll be "bitten by the baby bug" in the next few years. Everyone says you hit 30 and you're desperate for it, right? I know that's not 100% baloney, even if it's silly.

When I think about a baby I feel like I could skip that, I don't like babies, but I do like kids and I think both him (especially him) and I would be good parents and bring valueble and good people into the world. It's so hard to decide now, about how I'll feel in 5 years and then change my life based on it..
>>
>>17953048

am i wrong though?

he sounds like a self centred cunt who is loving his 10yr younger cum slut; but he will not appease her deepest desires. he probably plans to bin you if he will not contemplate children. super fucking serial name the jew and get him thinking about the gravity of the situation.
>>
>>17953026
Adopt OP, I did and it's been super rewarding.

Related (whether you take this into consideration or not you should at least be aware of it)
http://www.npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-climate-change
>>
I'm 34. I got with my girlfriend 8 years ago when she was 20. At the time neither of us were thinking about children, we took the relationship day to day on face value and when we'd been together a while 'the talk' happened she said she eventually wanted children with me in the future if I wanted. I was dead set against the idea at the time, but I didn't rule it out. I kind of hoped my feelings would change with time.

Thing is, with time my feelings haven't really changed that much. I see children in our future, but more because I don't want her to go without something which is important to her because of my selfishness. I don't personally really want to be a father yet.

As she is just turning 28 it is something I'm going to have to get used to the idea of within the next couple of years or so.

It doesn't terrify me because I don't think I can cope with raising children or the idea of having children. It is more because financially I'm used to being comfortable and not struggling, and children would put us into the bracket of struggling. I'd have to kiss ass at work and find a few extra hours a day, eliminate all unproductive hobbies and friendships and get used to the reality of raising white trash poor children. We are kind of hipsters who live in the city and it is ok to be hipsters when you can dip in and out of the bullshit, but to be working parents and members of the community in this area is like, oh holy fucking shit.
>>
>>17953099
Think about it again when you're both lucid, and spend some time alone to reflect about it.

I've always known I wanted kids. Even if I don't want them now, I know that I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have children. It's a part of who I am. I see myself as a mother, a wife, and a doctor. Not just two of the things. Take some time to think about how you see yourself in 10 years and if kids are a necessary part of the deal.

Discuss with him and think. If he is firm about not wanting kids, reflect and then decide if you want to stay or not.
Don't rush it, it took me 2 years to decide whether I had to break up with my SO over this or not, and while it still hurts me to think about it I am glad I waited till I was sure of what I was doing.
>>
>>17953026

I'm in the same situation, except I'm 28 and my bf is a year older. Knew from the start that he wanted kids, but I wasn't really into th idea. I've been waiting for years to change my mind like everyone says I will, but no such thing has happened. Right now I'm considering ending the relationship, because even though I love him endlessly, I don't want to rob him of fatherhood he's always wanted. I think the whole kids issue is one of the few things a couple absolutely has to agree on or there will just be a lot bitterness along the way. I wish I had accepted it way earlier.
>>
>>17953102
The money thing worries me too, I make a graphic designer's salary that's super comfortable right now, and even with raises and new jobs in the next 5 years, I'm very unlikely to be able to give my kids what my parents gave me growning up.

It's nice that you're willing to do it for her. Last night I got the feeling he wouldn't do it just to make me happy. If so he would have given me like... a glimmer of hope so I would stop crying, haha.

Part of why I'm unsure about his no is that my dad always said he wasn't interested in kids, but my mom insisted and he loves me and my sister sooo much and is so happy he had us. But when I talked to my mom she said my dad was ambivalent, not directly against the idea and that I'll regret it my whole life if I want children and don't have them to stay with my boyfriend. But I also have to take that with a grain of salt because she's never liked the fact that he's poor and would be happy to see me move on.
>>
>>17953111
Not rushing is probably good. I don't think I could rush honestly, haha.

I'm moving in 6 to 9 months, so maybe after the move would be a good time to think about it more. I really hate thinking about it at all but its hard not to.
>>
>>17953155
If he really doesn't want to have kids, give yourself time and decide. You need to be sure before doing anything drastic, whether it's leaving him or accepting to not have kids to stay with him.
Think about your long term happiness, and if you would regret not having kids if things didn't work out with him.

I broke up with my ex because I know I would have hated him and myself if things didn't work out between us for any reason, like I gave up on something so fundamental for me and didn't get happiness out of it. This thought scared me most.
I miss him a lot, he was such a great partner and an amazing person, but it's better like this for both of us, I guess.
>>
>>17953026

op please it is most likely you will never ever change your bf's opine about having kids

he is 34 and set in his ways and rest assured he is tickled pink he can attract and date a gal 10years younger than him

and believe it, if you leave him the next day or week he will get over it and find another nubile and naive gal 5-10 years younger than him to fall for his line of b.s.

if you really want kids then drop him and find some guy who also wants kids

children yes/no is a major compatibility issue and if you somehow force you current bf to have kids he will be a totally crappy father, is that what you want ? possibly after having kids he may change his mind but i doubt it especially having to get up 2-3 times a nite to feed the whining brat change those shitty diapers pay huge $$$ so he can't spend on himself anymore
>>
>>17953026

Even if you leave him you will likely just drift from partner to partner, either hating them bit they want kids, or liking them but they don't, or just breaking up for all the other nonsense.

If u like a guy don't think about them as an investment. You're happy, you're fulfilled, keep at it. Once he enters his forties you'll probs be over him anuways.
>>
It isn't the end of the world. Used to work with a guy who was early 40's with a girl in her early 20's. He didn't want children, she wanted to start a family as soon as possible.

After a couple of years he was saying they were going to start a family. He said it was that, or face approaching 50 most likely single, most likely looking at dating women who have families and children already,

Like kids were in his future either way, either his own with his current partner or somebody elses with an older woman.

Your boyfriend will likely do a similar calculation when determining if he wants to concede over this if pushed. Yeah you could break up, but then he is single and potentially looking to start again with an unknown quality and once you get 30+ most women have baggage.
>>
>>17953347

Wew lad. Would just be single desu.
>>
I wish i could have a qt 24 girlfriend.
>>
>>17953048
*Kikes.
>>
Three words darling:
>HOLE
>IN
>CONDOM
>>
>>17953347
I'm sure he'd be much happier single. He's never had an aversion to it. Thanks though, it's a thought!
>>
>We have the best relationship I've known anybody to have in my life
>Disagree on one of the most fundamental parts of a relationship

Everything else might be good but I've seen this situation destroy so many couples. He will either give in and resent you for making him have a child he never really wanted (although will probably warm to) or you will not have children in order to keep him happy and resent him in the future once you hit your mid-thirties.

I have known some people who were completely anti-children, who fell pregnant by accident and took to parenthood amazing. It's one hell of a risk to take though.

I hope you manage to sort things out. My partner and I have already been in the "undecided" group and I have a feeling it's highly possible we might have to face something similar during our relationship together.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.