[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend keeps assuring me that he loves me and at times,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1481576790380.png (9KB, 514x312px) Image search: [Google]
1481576790380.png
9KB, 514x312px
My boyfriend keeps assuring me that he loves me and at times, I feel so happy and content to know I'm loved but other times I feel like he doesn't. I'll pick out the smallest of things that don't mean anything and make something out of them.. like I overthink and make something out of a meaningless text and end up getting sad over NOTHING at all.
What is this? Why do I need constant reassurance please tell me what to do I don't want him to leave me I can't lose him
>>
I'm sorry if this isn't making sense to you guys I don't know how to put what I'm feeling into words so it may be a bit gibberish
>>
1) Get rid of your smartphone, this will only exacerbate the situation with you constantly texting him or at the very least get a throwaway phone with a 60 minute limit per month

Do you have any hobbies? You sound like you don't have much else in your life other than your boyfriend.
>>
If you don't feel loved then either he's doing things that rightfully make you think that he doesn't love you, or there's a deeper issue that only therapy can help you with.
>>
You might have ROCD.

https://iocdf.org/expert-opinions/relationship-ocd/
>>
Do you feel you are worthy of love ?
>>
>>17952615
I don't have hobbies. I just stay in my room, listen to music or watch something online.
Oh wait I draw
>>
>>17952626
I don't know if I'm worthy of love but I need it
>>
>>17952599
are you my girlfriend
no seriously
i had this conversation last night
>>
>being alive
>not having a gf like this
>>
>>17952627
>>17952629

See >>17952625 and see if any of the descriptions fit you. If you feel the constant need to seek reassurance from your partner, that's a big indicator of it, and one of the worst things you can do to combat it.
>>
>>17952635
Case 1 is how I feel
>>
>>17952631
no
>>
>>17952627
Consider trying RPGs, I know its considered a "nerd thing" but its really not, its a lot of fun, and its time consuming.

>>>/tg/51176847
>>
>>17952639

You might need to make an appointment with a psychiatrist who specializes on OCD, and check out places like /r/ocd for help. I was like you except I've become much, much better with with medication and mental techniques, but it's not something you can ignore and hope will magically get better, you have to work on it. You'll see benefits not only in your relationship, but in many other areas of your life as well.
>>
Be grateful you are a female, Insecure lazy guys that dont do anything at all but consume media are bound to stay alone forever

Funny that being shy and insecure is actually something that can be seen as "cute" on a female
>>
>>17952635
Stop. You don't make a diagnosis based on a written conversation over the internet.

>>17952599
First, calm down. Do you consider it to be bothering you? Do you even feel in pain over this? How much does it affect your life?

What you describe could as well be about your self-worth or self-esteem.
How old are you? How is your living condition? Do you have a job? Chances are that you're doing a lot better than you currently see.
>>
>>17952653
It affects me a lot , to the point where I have to force myself to go to sleep when it's fucking 8 am just so I can stop thinking about him. One moment I'm all "ah it feels good to be loved" and the other moment I'm thinking hey I'm gonna fuck this up he doesn't love me does he
I'm not very confident about myself I keep worrying that he'll leave me for someone else
P.S - He does everything to assure me I'm loved , it's just me being stupidly needy
>>
What can I do to stop feeling this way other than sleeping? How do I distract myself? Also , am I being too obsessive about him?
>>
>>17952673
>How old are you? How is your living condition? Do you have a job?
I didn't ask you just for fun. What do you do in your everyday life?
>>
>>17952631
Anon does your gfs behavior annoy you??
>>
>>17952674
I'm 18 , I live with my dad , I don't have a job I'm looking for a uni
Living conditions is ok I guess
>>
>>17952680
The thing is, from your previous posts I had the impression that you were a neet, living alone in a tiny flat, doing nothing all day until she goes visiting her boyfriend she doesn't deserve. This would have fit the emotions and thoughts you described.

Obviously, you're not like that.

So why do you feel and express yourself like this? To me, you're not confident enough, considering the life you have. You need to pay more attention what you have in life and what it's worth, and what it's worth to you. Learn to respect the things you worked for and earned in the past.

Talk to your boyfriend. Discuss what you two have and share and how comfortable you feel about it. Gain confidence in your relationship.

If you do these things and you still feel clingy, needy or doing silly things, like getting sad over an otherwise inconsequential text, start looking into habits. Many of our thought processes are learned and become habits too. If you know you're getting sad over a meaningless text which is basically nothing at all, you still might have to work hard to get rid of this behavior. Simply, because you learned to act and think like that.

If you struggle with these, you might want to look into counselling. Don't assume anything though. Just talk and tell what bothers you.
>>
>>17952649
So do you just go from thread to thread being bitter about not having a vagina or is it a one off sort of deal?
>>
>>17952649
It's actually really annoying to any guy who wants to get laid.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.