[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeing a therapist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: sadpepe.jpg (100KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
100KB, 1000x746px
Hello /adv/, I have also posted a thread about this on /r9k/ but I figure I might get more serious replies here.

Has anyone here been to therapy?

It's taken me several years to acknowledge and come to terms with this, but I know at the very least I am suffering from some type of depression. I can go into details about this if asked, but I didn't feel like writing a novel for the original post.

What is therapy like? Does it help? Does medication help? How do I find a therapist? How do I get medication? Will insurance cover this shit? Who am I supposed to fucking tell? Is this something I can beat or am I just fucked?
>>
I've been to therapy and I learned a lot. I'm smarter because of it. Therapy is like getting guidance on the emotions you're feeling. It helped me. Medication does help and it goes hand in hand with therapy, but it's your decision. You can find a therapist through Google, the newspaper, look up local businesses. Just do some looking. I think there are even websites where you enter your zip code and it will show you links to different therapists. Just search "therapy in ______" (your city or region's name). You get medication at the pharmacy, not sure what your area is like but Walgreen's is the national pharmacy. Do you have CVS Pharmacy? Tell your parents or any kind of professional like even a police officer. if you're in college then tell a staff member I am sure they'll help you. you can do this!
>>
I'm seeing a therapist. It doesn't make me feel much better, but it helps me understand and see things in another perspective. And it's nice to have someone listen.
>>
>>17951247
therapy sucks. because you probably have embarassing problems and you have to say it to some woman or man who probably had the same problems as you otherwise they wouldnt be in therapy. its a no brainer degree. and often times you have to watch them hide their smile by clenching their feet. just take some drugs.
>>
>>17951616
Listen to this anon OP. If you want to be a lonely piece of shit who sees fault in everyone except himself he's got the right plan.
>>
>>17951247
Just try it.
>>
>>17951274
I mean I know how prescriptions work. I have insurance. I'm 23 years old with a full time job and benefits. I've just never tried to seek mental health treatment on my own and have no idea how it's supposed to work. Thank you for the words of support.

>>17951616
While my problems do feel embarrassing I don't think anyone would laugh at them. I more worry about people thinking I'm a piece of shit for coming from the shitty background I grew up in. I don't think I would care of a therapist thought I was a piece of shit though since they have no hold over my personal or professional life.
>>
>>17951247
I've been to therapy. It didn't help me at all.
It obviously helps some people though, like other anons in this thread.

Unless you're planning on a military career, it can't really hurt you, so you might as well try it for yourself and see what happens.

>How do I find a therapist?
Ask your primary care doctor or psychiatrist (they'll usually know the local therapists and can point you to the best ones).
Aside from that, just use google.
>How do I get medication?
From a psychiatrist. Therapists can't prescribe any, since they're not doctors.
>Will insurance cover this shit?
Check your plan's coverage. Sometimes they cover it fully, sometimes they cover jack shit.
Many of them will cover a certain number of sessions fully and then make you pay more for any further ones.
>Who am I supposed to fucking tell?
Whoever you want.
>Is this something I can beat or am I just fucked?
Depression is usually treatable. A majority of cases are easily treatable.
The rest are called treatment-resistant depression, and most of them are still treatable, though with longer and more intensive treatment (eg with drugs that have more severe side effects).
>>
>>17951799
Should I go to a psychiatrist or a therapist? What's the difference? I feel stupid scheduling an appointment with my regular doctor for this.
>>
I went to see a therapist for problems with laziness... but I stopped going because of laziness. I wish I was never born desu.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.