[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to Los Angeles from a piece of shit small town?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2049.jpg (84KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2049.jpg
84KB, 500x750px
How do I move to Los Angeles from a piece of shit small town? Like can I just rent a bunk bed and beg for change?
>>
>>17951067

Stop posting this thread, Brandon. Go away.
>>
>>17951078
Some people are outside in Disney world right now and I'm sitting in a winter shit hole with nothing to do
>>
>>17951083

Disney World is in Orlando.
>>
>>17951151
Disney land*
>>
Los Angeles is the worst city on the entire west coast. Why do people romanticize it so much?
>>
>>17951905
Hollywood
>>
>>17951067

i live in hollywood. ask me anything.
>>
>>17952016
Can I get a room there for less than 700 a month? If not is it easy to find minorities splitting rooms.
>>
>>17952030

>can i get a room there for less than 700 a month

depends on the area, there are expensive areas and there are cheap areas. my best friend rents a studio in koreatown for about 850 a month, so its not far off. the farther you get from the center the cheaper it becomes too.

but yes, room shares exist. for best results just go to craigslist, look at the area you want (probably central LA) and put in a minimum of 400 and a max of 800 and see what pops up.

beware of obvious scams though.
>>
>>17952042
Koreatown is good for cheap housing that isnt in the hood hood
>>
>>17952052

pretty much this, though the prices are getting higher every day, he started renting it just over a year ago if im not mistaken.

i have a two bedroom in hollywood for 1500, and a decent sized one. but a studio in the same building just went for 1300 a month last year.

its great for me cuz i charge 1100 for my spare room so my rent for the whole place is jsut 400 bucks
>>
>>17952057
Lucky kike
>>
>>17952058

i am a beautiful blond goyim
>>
>>17952057
Jesus Christ 1100 for a room life is just impossible
>>
>>17952057
WTF 2 bedroom for 1500? I live in Ktown and we have a 2 bed for 1800
>>
>>17952367
He said he got it years ago
>>
File: mfw riverside.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
mfw riverside.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
California is a magical.

Imagine green lawns in a classic suburban neighborhood. You kiss your wife on the the cheek as you head to work. You smile at your neighbor and they give you a wave. "Hello neighbor!." You get in your car and head to work. You arrive and the manager gives you your assignment and it's off to work with you. By 5, you and the guys are ready to head home. You grab a drink with them and pick up a bouquet for your wife on the way home. You arrive home and surprise her with the beautiful flowers. She's thrilled and surprises you with your favorite dinner. What's the big deal? She just got pregnant. The two of you can't wait to raise a happy child in beautiful California.

Except the green lawns are dirt because there's no water and you live in a shitty 1 bedroom apartment. Your girlfriend is uspet at you because your roomate was crying in the other room all night muttering something about suicide. The neighbors are all spanish speaking Mexicans who give you the eye when you leave your front door. At least you have a shitty car because you need it to drive 30 miles to get to work. 30 miles, or roughly 2 hours, of pollution, fatal car crashes, and truly angry people. You get to your shitty job only to find that they're downsizing but will keep you as a temp. At around 8 you realize the overtime isn't worth it and just leave. You grab some shitty whisky at Stater's and a $5 bundle of roses from a Mexican dude on a corner who probably got them from his neighbor's bushes. You get home and your girlfriend tells you she's not sure if the two of you should stay together because the abortion is stressing her out and confusing her. She tells you to leave to give her some space so you spend an hour in an In-N-Out drive-thru. While you try to make the car comfortable even though it's 90F at 11pm.

That's what living in California is like.
>>
>>17952417
Nigga I'm not looking for a wife I'm trying to start a new life
>>
>>17952422
Then start a new life where there's jobs and housing isn't 10k a month.

Also nice gas.
>>
>>17952424
All the other places in the world only have jobs for like 50-100k big cities are the only place you can make a lot or at least work for someone who does more directly
>>
>>17952426
What skills do you have and where specifically do you hope to apply them to in LA?. Why are you choosing LA for you industry?
>>
>>17952429
I wanna move for a dream job or at least find myself enough to choose a career

It's my 20s who cares if I fuck up and hate it then I can go somewhere else
>>
>>17952435
So you want to move to one of the largest cities in the world (also one of the most expensive) which also happens to have a shit entry level job market which just so happens to have very low pay for said jobs, just because?

I'm not trying to tell you to go after your dream, but the reality is that people just don't go someplace new with nothing anymore. You need money and eothwr a lot of it or a guaranteed job.

You're not missing much. Pollution is gross and the city is filthy. If you're willing to go anywhere look all over the U.S. for something that suits your fancy. Don't just settle for the first thing you see.
>>
>>17952441
No I want to pursue my dream career and even if I wasn't I want to live in a big city anyway small towns feels so useless
>>
>>17952442
Well what is your dream career? You're being vague and LA seems to be nothing like what you expect.

I understand wanting to go to a city though. You're young and cities can be great for young people.
>>
>>17952446
Trap music producer
>>
>>17952457
my nigga, dafuq do you need a big city for? if you don't already have a pretty solid internet presence, then going to a big city isn't gonna do you an favours
>>
>>17952465
Every producer was either in Chicago or Atlanta when they got famous and then a few from la and NYC
>>
>>17952417
Stop posting this shit. It's not funny.
>>
>>17952466
That's because they have a local scene but through the internet you can find this too
Keep grinding until you're making ok money then think about moving
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.