[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf self esteem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (184KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 640x960px
Any suggestions to improve my girlfriend's self esteem.
>2 years
>she has hated herself all of her life due to bullies and home life
>I've done nothing but gave her compliments (beautiful, gorgeous, Princess, angel)
>never spoke poorly of her or complimented another woman
>I've been really patient
>suggested methods to improve her self esteem
>the lack of sex is painful lately and its due to her image of herself

How do I get through to her? It's embedded in her personality. She doesn't like being negative but it's more comfortable to her. I've had serious conversations and she really tries but I can't force her to change something that's so deeply a part of her.
>>
It's not your job. She needs to go to therapy. Make one last effort to get her there, and break up with her if she won't. Her behavior is affecting your happiness - if she won't change it, you deserve better.
>>
>>17950020
Well I love her too much to break up, and im not sure she'd be receptive to therapy.
I tell her it's psychological and she has to fix the way she thinks rather then looks. But am I maybe wrong if she does lose maybe 15lbs, get a nose job, and nice hair would this be healthy happiness?
>>
>>17950109
No, because it will always be something else. If she loses 15 pounds she will want to lose 15 more. If she gets a nose job she will want to get botox next. It will never end.

This is all mental. She needs to seek therapy to get some help with her self esteem. You can be supportive but you can't make someone love themself. It's completely up to them. If she won't go to therapy she won't get better.
>>
>>17950109
Yeah it won't change no matter what. My past sounds a lot like hers and I've worked on my looks thinking it would make me happy but it hasn't. Now I'm just an attractive shell of a person. Maybe medication, maybe intensive therapy, I'm, trying to find a way to fix it myself now.
>>
>>17950121
>>17950126
Yeah this is what I've figured. Well seems like therapy it is, thank you guys.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.