[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to move away from Sweden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: swedensucks.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
swedensucks.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
I'm currently in my first year of college in Sweden and I wanna get out of this country.

I can't stand living here for many reasons and I fully believe I would be happier living in another country.

The problem is: I can't find a way out. I could just move to Spain or any other country in the EU but then I would have no way to get an education as it would cost too much. 1 year of exchange studies is also not enough.

I would like to go to America, Spain or France, as I have spent some time there and I think they are what I want.

Is there any way for me to do this?
>>
>>17949483
Really how bad can it be. You're a spoiled little brat. Sweden is one of the best countries to live in, with good and free education, good healthcare, good infrastructure..

If you really must though, just finish your education there, do not emigrate before that as it's just much cheaper and easy for you to do that in sweden.

Afterwards I'd recommend countries easy to get into. The US isn't easy, try countries in Europe where the language will be easy to learn. Think of England, norway, finland, denmark, germany, austria..
>>
>>17949493
Yeah, it's great on paper, but have you tried living here? It's just a really sad little place without much opportunity really, and really closed up people and not much fun in general. I think someone who has lived here for a year would notice that if they came from a non-Nordic country.

All the countries you listed are too similar to Sweden and they probably have some of the same problem. Spain, France and USA don't. That's why I target them. I've never been to Australia but I can imagine it should be on my list as well.
>>
>>17949483
EU is definitely (in every way) easier, more affordable and overall realistic when it comes to any plans for immigration.

> I could just move to Spain or any other country in the EU but then I would have no way to get an education as it would cost too much

Have you looked into it? I have a Swedish friend thats studying here in Germany with me.
>>
>>17949493
>Sweden is one of the best countries to live in, with good and free education, good healthcare, good infrastructure..

You're American aren't you?
>>
>>17949530
Just a nigger or a muslim probably
>>
>>17949483

Do most of your degree in Sweden, then go on an exchange to a country of your choosing (through erasmus if possible, and it will be very cost effective) and if it goes well, apply for master's program there afterwards. If your academic success is good, some universities offer stipends and other such things.
>>
Doesn't matter where you go everywhere is shitty for its own reasons. You have to make your own fun no matter where you go and look for places and people that compliment the things you enjoy. I can't think of many places that are doing well for themselves asides from Germany and even then their social structure might even be similar to that of your own country. Instead of moving places why not visit other countries on vacation after you set yourself up with a nice job. The more money and experience you gain the more doors that will open up.
>>
>>17949572

Living in a country and visiting a country are two very different experiences. If an opportunity presents itself, moving abroad is definitely something worth considering. It's not really about how well that place is doing and whether moving there is worth it financially, rather than how much that place will change you as a person.
>>
>>17949572
This.

The world isn't that exciting, it's easy to glorify other countries and not see the bad things.
Where ever you go people will be pretty much the same, with a slight difference in how they express their emotions.

It's all in your head, chances are you're just going to go through a lot of struggle to move your troubled mentality elsewhere.

Why not just try living one year abroad first? If you desperately need to get away from here, at least it's something.
>>
>>17949483
Okay so here's the guide to do it properly:

>do all your university course in Sweden, EXCEPT THE FINAL YEAR
>in the meantime, save up as much money as possible, and learn the language of the desired country (if needed)
>do the final year of your studies in the desired country
>afford a living thanks to the money you saved up
>find job in the desired country, as soon as your have your degree

Congratulations, you're now an expat!

Also works with the two final university years instead of one, and obviously works better in the EU.
>>
>>17949530
>>17949537
I am neither of those.

I am a native Dutchman from tge Netherlands. I know the current image of Sweden, and I myself loathe islam and muslims, but Sweden is still a good country to live in. Better than france and spain for sure, and the US lets niggers loot their own cities if they get offended.
>>
>>17949690
This nigger is right.

Your other option is backpack around the world, see where you like and here ( New Zealand) try and get a work permit and go from there. I dont blame you for wanting to leave Sweden, its fucked.
>>
>>17949483

Become a gigolo in South East Asia?
Btw, you're spoiled.
>>
>>17949483
Move to saudi arabia, they're better to white men than sweden.

In sweden, you have to check your privilege and pay heavy taxes to fund islamic immigrants.

In saudi arabia, they let you cut the line when waiting in the shop and other services because you're a westerner.
>>
>>17949946
How am I spoiled for wanting a better life?
>>
>>17949493
>Getting into the US is hard when you're the biggest cocksucker of US dicks

Swedes have it easiest when it comes to getting a VISA
>>
>>17949946
Sweden is rich, but the mix of horrible weather + Janteloven + small possibilities can feel tedious.

One can want a life that's just more fun.

t. not even Nordic
>>
>>17950152
>small possibilities
What do you mean by that exactly?
>>
>>17950159
I mean the opportunities to go really big and relevant worldwide through your hard work and talent. (They exist, but they are much more limited than if you live in UK or USA.)

For example, you cannot become Arnold Schwarzenegger or Elon Musk if you live in Gothenburg.
>>
>>17949505

I just moved to Sweden. It is fine. You have a romantic vision of other countries; most of life is boring. The parties here are just as good as San Francisco, where I came from. You are probably a drip.
>>
>>17950233
Some people just aren't happy wherever they are, and find solace in the act of moving away.
>>
>>17950215
Did you pick those 2 because they left their home country specifically because they wanted the increased opportunity that comes with living in USA?

I think Elon's history is really telling about opportunities that exist in America but not in other countries. He came to California and immediately began exploiting the opportunities present there.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170112-212419.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170112-212419.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>17950233

Attached isome time stamped receipt+passport, to prove I am not a total shit poster.

>>17950250

True dat. Moving can help sometimes, if only to give you a fresh perspective by removing old influences. Ultimately however that change comes from within, not without.
>>
>>17950233
Why the fuck would you move to Sweden from California?

It's not about parties or anything, it's just about the day to day life. I would say that differs quite a lot between Sweden and California. The attitudes of people are very different.

I'm not even some loser, like you seem to think. I'm well above average.

I also have some form of seasonal depression. The seasons affect everyone, but not as extreme as me and some others in my family. I get deeply depressed in fall and become happy once spring comes. I'm thinking that maybe a more balanced climate would break this cycle.
>>
>>17950292

Day to day life is not that different here. Californians smile more, but not because they are happier to see you. There is overall less bullshit here but also less chatting. But it isn't that different.

You have a point about the weather though. I like the cold, but these early sunsets wreak havoc with my sleeping.

Anyways, forget going to college in California; it will cost you upwards of $30,000 a year as a foreigner, and that's just tuition. Spain would be a much better choice in that regard.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170112-213351.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170112-213351.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>17950310

Forgot pic
>>
>>17950266
Yep. And I could have picked many other people.

Although opportunities can be found in many countries, USA truly is the land of opportunities (disclaimer: I'm not even an American citizen or resident).

>>17950292
Honestly, going to Spain from Sweden would be just as strange, unless you have passive income and just want to take a never-ending holiday.

I mean, just finding a job in Spain sounds difficult enough.
>>
>>17950314

What many Europeanstudents fail to realize about America is how big it is. I know you think you know how big it is, but you really don't. California is the same size as Sweden and has 4 times as many people. And that's just part of the country. Of course America has lots of people like Musk and the Governator; it can hardly help itself. What you don't hear about are all the people it doesn't work out for. Trust me, there are a lot more of those.
>>
>>17950339

Don't get me wrong, I love California with all my heart and will probably go back there, but it isn't perfect, it won't solve all your problems, and it is not an easy place to succeed in. A whole lot of people have the same ideas and only a small number of them can really achieve even close to ideal. And America is not kind to people who don't succeed.

Also, the roads are crap.
>>
>>17950339
For most immigrants (including the ones from Western Europe), failing in the USA still means having a better life style and fatter paycheck than in their home country.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170112-215441.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170112-215441.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>17950356

No, it doesn't. And I am the son of European immigrants. Sure, your take home pay is greater, but there is almost no social safety net to speak of. Go look into the looming retirement crisis in the USA, people bankrupted by medical bills, poor job security, people fired for being ill (and since health insurance is tied to your job it is a double fucking), less vacation time, etc.

I don't think it is worse there. But it isn't better either.
>>
>>17950356
>>17950374

I will say that America is far nicer to immigrants than any European country, including brown skinned ones. It is much easier to become an American, as it were. But do not think for a moment that life is guaranteed to be better over there. Some things are better, some are worse.
>>
>>17950356
Do you have some actual proof (anything?) of that, or are you just ranting?
>>
File: koirat.jpg (107KB, 1023x1365px) Image search: [Google]
koirat.jpg
107KB, 1023x1365px
>>17949483
Finn here, it's no use running from your problems across the globe, they are sure to follow.

Life is most of the time really boring, and you just have to find a way to cope with that.

Work on little things, such as exercise, hobbies and generally your own well-being. Finish your studies, after that you choose to life somewhere else, if that's what you still want.
>>
>>17949493
its infested with rapefuggees.

Sweden is a complete shit hole, turned itself into a third-world in a years time.
>>
>>17950591
>what is Google??

If "failing" means just "not making it and having the most vanilla 9-5 job with an average salary", let's compare the wages in USA and the major Western European countries for 2015:

>USA: $58,714
>...
>Germany: $44,925
>UK: $41,384
>France: $41,252
>Sweden (like OP): $40,909
>Spain: $36,325
>Italy: $34,140

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

So Americans earn way more. But things should be more expensive in USA, right? RIGHT???

No. Consumer prices, real estate prices, etc. are generally lower in the United States (if we compare what's comparable) than in France, for example. Compare any US city with any French city in Numbeo: say, Rennes with Salt Lake City, or Lyon with Austin. (Only the rent prices are higher in USA, but buying real estate is cheaper.)

So you earn way more, and you pay way less for pretty much everything. Which leaves you with considerable amounts of "fun money" to spend in the #1 country in the world. Conclusion: life's better for the average wagecuck in the USA.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.