[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop caring about other opinions of me/perception of me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: bwwhECj_1_.jpg (147KB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
bwwhECj_1_.jpg
147KB, 1065x902px
How do I stop caring about other opinions of me/perception of me?
>>
Realize that unless this person plays an active or important role in your life it won't affect you in the slightest. Who gives a fuck what some random stranger who you'll probably never see again thinks. Focus on the people you're gonna see everyday or who might be in some position of power over you or your life.
>>
File: aaa-dog-crying.jpg (150KB, 439x415px) Image search: [Google]
aaa-dog-crying.jpg
150KB, 439x415px
>>17949810
>don't care about what people you'll never see again think.
I used to think this way i high school, but some unforeseen events changed that, now i care about what everyone thinks of me and it bothers me so much that i don't even like leaving my room when my family is awake. It's like everyone's laughing at me behind my back. I wish i could just kill everyone and not have to worry about what they thought of me.
>>
>>17949820
>I stay in my room all day everyday and cannot even leave my room to be around my family

Woah. That is a significantly more pressing issue and we should talk about this instead. There might be a lot more going on here than a basic fear of being judged by other people. It's one thing to be self conscious or even have social anxiety. But to never leave your room at all even with a close immediate family?

I have severe social anxiety and even I am not this bad. You should consider seeing a therapist for this. You can't just stay in your room all day for the rest of your life.

>It's like everyone's laughing at me behind my back
This is especially worrysome to read. Unless you have a very good explanation for why you think people are laughing about you, then this means you're completely convinced of a very negative belief that isn't true at all. A false belief or tendency to come up with with negative untrue beliefs about social situations that could be majorly responsible for why you're having difficulty socializing.
That was the issue with me but on a much larger scale. I never thought people were laughing about me. But I did worry that people were not having a good time if I talked to them or hung out with them. But even I was putting myself out there a little and coming back to try again and socialize better. This is much worse than what I as going through
>>
>>17949443

realize that other people aren't perfect. not in the sense that they do things wrong too, but rather that their opinions arent right.

then realize that life is not a scale. you cannot say 'I LIKE WHAT I LIKE SO IM AT THE TOP OF THE SCALE, SO IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT YOU MUST BE LESSER THAN ME'.

just because you prefer vanilla ice cream does not mean you are inferior to those who prefer chocolate.
>>
File: 1465681658303.jpg (69KB, 645x608px) Image search: [Google]
1465681658303.jpg
69KB, 645x608px
>>17949857
>Unless you have a very good explanation for why you think people are laughing about you, then this means you're completely convinced of a very negative belief that isn't true at all
The belief is true, there's good reason for me to believe that everyone's laughing at me behind my back. There's nothing i can do about it, even in my room, on the internet i'm still subject to ridicule. You see, my computer is compromised as well as my cell phone and a group of individuals broadcast my activities to an audience online. They all have a very jolly, grand time making a joke out of every action i take. I couldn't even attend school without classmates finding out and constantly referencing things i would do in the privacy of my room or that i'd read on the internet as a way to tell me that they where watching. There have also been threads that reference obscure things that i know pretty much nobody does besides me. If you're asking yourself, "well, do you really think people would take the time to do this to you?" Or "why would some one do that, seems like a waste of time doesn't it? it's because i had a long distance relationship with a girl who was 4 years younger than me when i was 16, it lasted for 2.5 years and then some guy i knew from school, whom i gave an old cell phone of mine to because he claimed his had broken started talking to her. It turns out the cell phone still hadn't had the contact info and stuff that was in it erased, so he got in contact with her because he wanted to fuck her and he basically sabotaged our relationship. since he was closer to her age, he'd use the our age gap as justification for what he was doing despite the fact that he didn't really care about that type of thing. Before i had figured it all out, i also allowed him to use my computer for "a school project" that was when i believe he infected my computer with some shit and the way my cellphone was compromised was via a text message from the girl, the disgusting traitor.
>>
>>17949443
If they make you uncomfortable don't force yourself to be around them. Developing a better sense of self will help you value their opinions of you less.
>>
>>17949991
I don't know if you're trolling OP or if this is all true.
>>
Watch this OP
https://youtu.be/61JRS9raMbk
>>
>>17950008
All of that is 100% true i'm not trolling anyone.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.