[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shopping for engagement ring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I hate jewelry shopping with a passion. Any advice on finding a decent ring without getting ripped off? I don't want to spend more than 2500. I understand that may not buy the best but I don't want to pay 2500 for a $1000 ring
>>
Have you both considered not getting a ring?
>>
>>17949249

She comes from a pretty traditional family. She would be happy with anything but I feel obligated to put something half decent on her finger. I just hate jewelry Jews with a passion. Just spent 350 on a shitty silver and topaz bracelet for Christmas which they probably paid $40 for. It kills me inside cuz I'm not rich.
>>
>>17949244

I bought my diamond from a guy I knew who was a licensed dealer and had a reputable local shop set it in a band they had on display. I think it ran me about 1300 for the stone, band, and cost to set it?

I'd recommend that route, seemed a LOT cheaper. My impression is that retailers were mostly ready to give me 50% off just if I asked, they were marked up that high, and that was still expensive.

If you go that route I would recommend that you go to bluenile.com and find a stone, .5 carat and above will look nice, and find a local shop that can set it in one of their bands, and ask to see their stone sizes too so you can get a feel for it, and hell show them that you plan to pay $900 for such-and-such rock from BlueNile and see if they can cut you a better deal, they probably will.
>>
File: IMG_1672.jpg (31KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1672.jpg
31KB, 980x980px
where do you buy jewelery usually?
i would go to a good jewelery store. where do you live?
i would never buy online or in any shop that looks less than reputable. iow, not those tacky mall stores.
the ones than have a reputation to loose won't sell you shitty stuff for a lot more than it's worth.
also, do you know what she likes? if anything, go with something simple and sleek. she has to wear it everyday, so it should fit different occasions.

imo, a small diamond with a classic form on a silver ring is your best bet.

pic related is the ring "setting" from tiffany's. it is very expensive since it is platine and has a huge diamond. but something along those lines will be perfect (just take silver and a smaller stone to stay in your budget).

also, definitely get something engraved
>>
Bumping because I'm going through the same thing. I only have $1200 saved up for a ring because I'm poor. Would anyone recommend financing? Is there a place where one can order online that ISN'T kek? I'm not looking to spend any more than OP either.
>>
Etsy!! their rings are so much prettier and so much cheaper
>>
>>17949244
get something tasteful off ebay desu
my wifes ring was 300 and she loved it
>>
>>17949244
Jamesallen dot com
You dont get ripped off like at retail locations that jack up their price.
>>
>>17949772
Don't get married if you're considering financing to buy a ring.
If it is a huge problem for you to have some money to buy a ring, you don't have money for a wedding and you don't have money to start a family.
>>
>>17949776
this
>>
>>17949808
not to mention that if you think blowing thousands on a worthless rock and a stupid party is a wise financial decision, you're not ready.

also not to mention that if your wife to be thinks either or both are necessary, you should NOT be marrying her
>>
>>17949813
if OP and his girlfriend both think that way, then at least it's a decent match.

it might be dumb, but it's just traditionalist.
>>
>>17949822
Engagement rings weren't a tradition till the 50s. Just extremely rich people (as in, the top 0.5% of the population) had them. Same for the wedding party.
>>
>>17949822
>but it's just traditionalist.
no, it's literally a jewish plot to sell diamonds

weddings used to be potluck parties with friends, not catered affairs where thousands of dollars is blown

only a fool or a greedy monster would pressure a young couple to spend money on frivolities instead of a home, furniture, or baby shit
>>
>>17949832
>>17949843

I'm not planning on ever having a fancy wedding or expensive ring. Actually had the convo about how my girlfriend and I would rather put a down payment on a house the other day.

Just saying that that's not common knowledge and what I said is how most people see it.
>>
>>17949847
wow it's like most people fall for brainwashing

good job on the house thing though. also if you must have a ring, getting something simple but custom made is way better than some generic shit

especially if your woman wants to make other women jealous
>>
>>17949244
I bought a ring for 50 quid and my wife still wears it every day 6 years later.

Spending big money on an engagement ring, the wedding itself or the honeymoon is not a smart idea.

Spend the money on your marriage. The jewellery and the party and the holiday are all fine if you're into that sort of thing, but that's not with 99% of your marriage will be like.

Don't be swayed by advertising, romantic comedies and silly little girls who never questioned the ceremonial side, and make a smart decision for your future.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.