[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best female friend & monkey branching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1482815116709.gif (929KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
1482815116709.gif
929KB, 450x333px
I've known this girl for about 20 years. As a little kid, I had a crush on her, in college, we hooked up shortly, but aside from that, this has been mostly a platonic friendship.

She's one of the closest people to me in the world, and I'm hers. But, this isn't a "help me get the girl" situation. Her boyfriend dumped her recently, and I can't think of a time she's been single and hasn't immediately dumped a boyfriend to go to the next since she was 15.

She's having a lot of issues right now... with booze, drugs, being dumped, with her family, losing her job... She's 30 years old, and is still beautiful like she's always been (really most guys' 10/10 up until recently), but she's fading due to health issues that she won't take care of.

Anyways, my point is that she's suddenly latched on to me in a way that I can't really interpret as anything different than "we should be together." I've probably been an idiot, she's probably felt this for a long time, and I've believed we were happily in a platonic friendship post-college. But she's talking about finding someone on her level to have kids with, crumpling into my arms, invited me up to her apartment... that kind of thing.

Any ways to get someone that's been a serial relationshipper to accept her time being single and hold on for the right person? I'm super worried that she's going to freak out if I don't accept her advances and end up in the arms of some 40-something dude again because she's scared of being alone.
>>
>>17948616

Ughh... Man... I've got no idea what to tell you...I'll just drop my story and see where it goes, hopefully you get something from it

I've been in a somewhat similar situation with a my best friend... (big differences: only known her since college, she's gay).

With my friend, it was a pretty platonic relationship to start, but at some point we got drunk one night and started hooking up (both just horny, both single for a stretch, and VERY drunk) and continue on random drunk nights

Fast forward a while, she's been dropping these jokes about "what if when we're 40 and if still alone, we get married" or "It's kind of funny, I think my moms secretly hoping you turn me straight" and a bunch of shit like that.

I don't really think much of it because for one, her sense of humor has always been pretty warped and that's the kind of stuff she'd say anyway, and two, she's gay... (as for the sex, She's kind of that type of person anyway)

One day though, we're both pretty drunk and she starts being pretty intimate, and she drops a bombshell on me about: what if we started over, what if we pretended we never knew each other and tried to do things for real.

For context, I think at the time we'd both had pretty crappy luck with our last few relationships, and we were both, I want to say about 26? 27? So I guess an impending sense that the clock is ticking was just kicking in...

I pretty much mentally just said fuuuuuuck.

I'm pretty drunk and kind of shrugged it off that night... But the next morning I tried to talk to her about it and she pretended it was all just a big joke, and tried to change the subject.

A week or two later I was pretty pissed at her--because that night, we were hanging out because I was pretty much venting and getting drunk because i'd JUST been broken up with, and I felt like I get jerked around with by someone being incredibly wishy-washy about what they wanted... and then she basically did the same shit that same night...

>continued
>>
>>17948673

but I thought it through and connected the dots about her being truly lonely, about how in the past she'd once mentioned how the one thing she never had but always was a truly close friend, about how she was always struggling to fit in because her mother never fully accepted her, how she'd been lonely since she lost her dad as a kid, and how the future was looking scarier and scarier the close i got, and it kind of all clicked for me, and I got why it all happened.

So when I talked to her again, I kind of called her on her shit. She's the type of person that runs away when things get TOO real so I basically had to pin her down under the threat that, if this talk doesn't happen, this friendship will never be the same, and I will never be able to see her the same way again.

I told her it kind of completely fucking unfair of her to drop that kind of bomshell on me RIGHT AFTER I was clearly kind of fucked up about getting jerked around. But more that that, I told her that I loved her, but the only way i'd ever consider anything like that was that if it was something truly genuine, but that I didn't think that that was going on. That I'd be there for her, but I wouldn't be someone to be used by her to try and get over other shit. And deep down, this wasn't something that would make her happy anyway.

I basically unloaded everything I'd had on my mind, because I felt that was the only way we'd be able to move forward.

And it worked. Things were for the week or two leading up to that, but after, it went back to normal and it's like we were better friends than before.

Fast forward a few years, we're still friends, and we both are in long term relationships that are the happiest we've ever been.

I don't know how much of that is useful to you but that's my story. For me, confronting her and bringing a reality check was what apparently worked, but I have no idea what it would do for your friend.

This shit's messy man. You got my sympathies. Good luck.
>>
If you don't love her and just wanna keep it as friends, just be her support, help her back I'm her feet and give her the advice you clearly want to give.

If you do love her, well, you know what to do.

Ultimately this is the simplest way I can put it, your lives are probably are lot more complex than what's given so bare that in mind.

Side question, what's the last relationship you had?
>>
>>17948673
>>17948678

Great story, somehow really comforting. I appreciate it, anon.

>>17948679
"Love" is a pretty loaded word in this situation. Do I love her? Yeah, she's one of the most important people in my life, and if she wasn't around (we just went through a very weird period of no-contact), it would really distress me. She's one of my favorite people.

Do I think that's a romantic love? Probably not. Everyone thinks she and I are destined to be together at this point, but there are so many red flags that logic yanks me right out of that. It would make my mom's life if I ended up with this girl and had kids, but frankly, I'd be terrified that they'd come out with major problems.

My last relationship was two years ago. I dumped her pretty much out of the blue, for a litany of reasons, few of which most anons would accept as sensible, but I knew it wasn't going to work, and I left her.
>>
>>17948699
I suppose I should've specified what I meant by love, but you did it for me.

I'm sorry that I can't offer more advice I'm afraid, the decision would seem to come down to the little personal details. Either way, I wish you the best and I wish I had a friend like you.
>>
>>17948713

Thanks! Love is weird.

Maybe friends in a different place and time...
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (30KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
30KB, 400x384px
>>17948616
> be close friends with beautiful girl all your life
> stand on the sideline as she rides the cock carousel through her best years
> she hits the wall and instantly begins to fall apart - lose job, start alcohol and drug abuse

You were never an option to her during the time when she was valuable as a woman. She failed to secure a good partner to settle down with in all those years (Chad cannot be tamed), so now she's desperately trying to latch onto ANYONE willing to settle and provide for her.
You are her betabux safety net, mate.

> inb4 /r9k/ virgin xD
>>
>>17949277

Not gonna play the virgin thing dude, but you missed the part where I said I banged her in college. You can play the "sidelines" and "Chad" card all you want, but this is the real world, not your special redpill comics.
>>
>>17948616

as a general rule, if you're the kind of guy who posts a gif of 'love and beauty shock' then the human 3D woman is generally not into you.

source: i created six new episodes of sailor moon and can only get laid by chicks who REALLY like sailor moon
>>
>>17948616
STAY
THE
FUCK
AWAY
>>
>>17948699
>Everyone thinks she and I are destined to be together at this point
would have been fine 15 years ago,. before she ruined her body, mind and soul
>>
>>17948616
>she's suddenly latched on to me in a way that I can't really interpret as anything different than "we should be together."

top kek you have been her beta provider backup plan all this time after she had her fun with all those guys who dump her.
>>
>>17949912
well the red pill comics are going to be real if you do take her back and have kids with the town bike. enjoy kissing the mile of dicks she sucked and having restless nights think of all those mmf threesomes she had.
>>
>>17949956
>>17950014

Both of you missed the part where I'm asking for advice on how to help her stop being a serial relationshipper and date the right person... Meaning NOT me. Fucking /r9k/ leakage is ridiculous.

>>17949919
I didn't know that was the name of this gif. I don't really know much about Sailor Moon, I just thought it looked cool and saved it a while back.
>>
>>17948616
>she's probably felt this for a long time
lol
>>
You were her landing plan after cock carousel end
>>
this world is
doomed
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.