[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FAFSA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ddddd.jpg (176KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ddddd.jpg
176KB, 1600x1200px
I'm 33 and live at home with parents who are retired and on a pension; from what I understand if I want to go to college it will practically all be paid for since I do not work but my question is how much money am I allowed to have in my own personal bank account (savings/checking) before they say we can't give you the full amount to pay for school?
I can't find any actual figures of what's too much to have saved
>>
>>17947720
I am actually experienced on this, it doesnt matter. I went to apply for the pell grant and in the fafsa said i had $90,000+ and i still got the full amount. It has no effect on the money you recieve.
>>
>>17947785
Not OP, but is this really the case? I'm 35 and make about 40k a year and going back to school. I have to take about a year of community college classes before I can transfer to a state school for computer science. I can pay for the CC classes on my own since they're dirt cheap, but once I get to state school it's going to be about 10k a year. I can really expect to have this completely covered by aid? I was expecting to have 20-30k of loans.
>>
>>17947792
I just graduated from a state school in California and my entire tuition and (almost) all of my rent was covered. I had to become a TA to make ends meet but that was easy.
>>
>>17947785
>I said I had $90,000+
>Still got the full amount
I don't believe you, I'm in fl as well so it's probably different from cali
From what I've read it makes a difference if it's your personal bank account, your parents savings are except until a certain amount but when it's your money it affects the amount they'll give you
That's what I've read
>>
>>17948030
Exempt**
>>
>>17947792
You'll have to pay it back. You can get loans not a grant.
>>
>>17948063
OK, that's what I expected. Got my hopes up there for a second.
>>
>>17949246
do it anyway
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.