[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with humiliation? It seems that it happened to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

How do I deal with humiliation? It seems that it happened to me a lot since I had a sort of a mental breakdown in fall.
Things like people laughing at me in class or not being able to do something easy because of stress in front of others.

Ironically I strongly crave the respect of others, yet it seems it's always me those things happen to.
I know I should care less, but other than that, how to avoid it?
>>
>>17947219
Avoiding things- feelings in this case- will only make things worse for you. Trying to ignore feelings will only make them come back stronger than before and overpower you. Are you sure you crave the respect of others or do you crave validation from others?
>>
>>17947219

learn toget off on it sexually. that way you're never truly humiliated. you're actually just role playing that you are humiliated.
>>
Let yourself feel the pain of it. Cry, hit things if you need to (not people or animals pls). Then move on.. Let it be in the past and concentrate your efforts on what you need to do today.
>>
>>17948292

>Avoiding things- feelings in this case- will only make things worse for you.
I meant how to avoid humiliation.

Situation from today: came to the swimming pool for my uni PE, chatted up some people (I didn't know them since I kinda missed most of my classes). Then comes a girl from my uni course. I greet her with surprise and she acts like she's disgusted to see me here and would just ignore me if I didn't talk to her. Then we swim and I think she talked shit behind my back to the other girls there and they giggled. I didn't swim very well as I was practising the whip kick which is my weakest point. I feel I made an impression that I can't swim which make them ridicule me even more. I know how to fucking swim, I just can't do the whip kick right. It made me feel like I can't succeed in anything.

Or I was skiing (2nd time in my life) and I couldn't learn it, probably because of stress, then fell down while trying to use the T-bar, embarrassed myself and people laughed.

People said that you should get successes to increase your confidence, but I sometimes feel that I always fail at what I try, especially things that need action and not thinking, like sports, (partly because of stressing out and trying too hard, partly because of increasing issues with my feet which impact my general athletic performance) and then get ridiculed. It just feels shitty.

I hate being humiliated and disrespected by people and yet I keep finding myself laughed at or ostracised. I know I care too much about all of this, I just feel bitter about it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.