[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transportation anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: scared.gif (178KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
scared.gif
178KB, 356x200px
I have severe anxiety around being "driven" anywhere. I put driven in quotes because it's really any time I'm not in control of the situation. It's severe enough that I panic getting in the car to go shopping with my housemates which is only a 15 minute residential drive, or have issues taking the university buses around campus because they drive so fast. Rationally I understand my chances of getting into an accident are low and that the anxiety is stupid. However, it still makes me want to avoid situations where I'm not driving.

My gf wants to go to the city for a day trip. It's about an hour train ride. I really don't want to go on the train itself but I want to do it for her/go on the date with her.

How can I get over this or control it? I've gone on the train before with her once and I wasn't able to focus on talking with her and was constantly worried we'd crash until we reached our destination. I'm able to force myself to lose control, which is a huge step, but I can't fucking handle the feeling.
>>
>>17946548
Smoke weed. Or take relaxation medication.
>>
>>17946561
I feel like drinking at 7 in the morning is bad though. I can't smoke, it makes me too nervous.
>>
You need to get psychological help. You may need to take up therapy, talk it out and maybe need meds. Perhaps it is something you can talk away through therapy or you may need the meds too but you can't let this emotion rule you. It is affecting your everyday life. If anything, earn money to have your own mode of transportation so you feel some sense of control. Let your girl know how you feel. Apologize but also get the work done to resolve this so you can do stuff like this on the fly. If she has real feelings for you she will sympathize and help. If anything you can take sleeping pills or drowsy medicine but the point is to enjoy the ride with her. Good luck!
>>
>>17946702
Thanks! I went to therapy before so I'll probably just go back. Do you know any ways to ground myself or get rid of these delusional thoughts? I just can't get rid of the feeling that we're gonna crash. Also I have a car and offered to drive but she wanted to go to bars.
>>
>>17946548
How did someone like you even get a gf?
>>
>>17946931
It doesn't effect my life often because I have my own car so I drive everywhere. My gf didn't know until a month or two into our relationship.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.