[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can i improve my chances of getting matched on tinder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

I'm 18 years old and i got tinder about 3 weeks ago, i wasn't extremely dedicated to it as i wasn't getting alot of matches, i don't consider myself unattractive - i look after myself, dress nicely, i'm not overweight, but i've only got 7 matches in those 3 weeks. How can i improve my chances? My photos aren't the best pictures i have of me but i don't want to be superficial and spend ages trying to find ones that make me look good in the moment, i do look a bit younger than my age however. I just would like some tips on how to improve my chances such as use better photos, which i already know i should do since i actually want to get into a relationship, should i have a witty caption in my bio, put down my interests? I'm starting to feel i'm not attractive enough to get people to like me based upon my initial looks and that they actually need to get to know me first (i've been noted to be liked for my humour), or am i just overthinking this and just need better pictures?

pic related and i also find it hilarious
>>
>>17946216
unless you're on the top 15% of global male looks, you won't have success.
every girl, even the fat and ugly ones have hundreds of calls.

It's not worth the time and is better to try pickup IRL if you're not an alpha chad.

http://brobible.com/life/article/the-demise-of-tinder/

If you're average you will be competing with hundreds of other males, while females at best give a dozen likes.

there was a guy who spent 6.000 dolars on tinder and got not a single match.

Just learn to do it IRL.

tinder makes women that are 5-6 feel like they're 8-9
>>
>>17946318
i get the feeling you're right, i am pretty average if i'm honest with myself, thanks for the red pill
>>
File: 1482478825047.png (449KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1482478825047.png
449KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>17946322
tinder is 500% looks.
women are looking for male models, not average guy there.

I've been trying to pickup girls in my college and neightboorhood with bigger success than tinder.
>>
File: 1471771404315.jpg (79KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471771404315.jpg
79KB, 519x600px
>>17946324
>>
>>17946329
in that case, i need to build up my confidence and actually make an effort to talk to girls this year, i'm about to start uni.
>>
>>17946322
here is my honest advice.
Make your tinder profile, but let it be passive, if a girl likes you, fine, approach her.

but liking girls is a waste of time.
>>
>>17946336
appreciated, will do
>>
>>17946334
yeah.

if you suffer from really social anxiety you can do what I did before entering college.
I made a fake facebook account and started to add and talk to hundreds of diferent girls, until I got confortable.

It sounds desperate, but hey, it works.
>>
>>17946340
i already have a fake account i use to argue with people on sport pages lmao, might refurbish that
>>
I have 787 matches and I've had it for about 2 years.

I consider myself a 6-7/10.
>>
You also chose a bad time to start using Tinder. Ever since they introduced boosts a few months ago it's been really hard to get matches unless you're also using boosts. I used to get about a match or two a day, now I'm lucky to get one a week.
>>
>>17946216
You're too young dude. Wait a couple years and go to the gym.
>>
>>17946318
This is THE red pill on Tinder

I only wish comments were enabled to see roasties deny it
>>
>>17946318
lmao, I only swiped to like chicks 1/20 times and I got like 9 matches in a few hours
>>
If you are 6'00" or taller, put your height on your profile.

It works so well it's ridiculous
>>
>>17946216
I think you're kinda young for Tinder, seeing as how you probably have classmates to choose from, but yeah. Think of yourself as a brand you are trying to sell to the other person. Your photo should cast you in the best light possible and you shouldn't make a stupid face. A big warm bright smile like a toothpaste ad usually works best. It gives people a favorable image of what hanging out with you is like.

Your caption should be super short, but witty. I like the caption on Daniel Tosh's Twitter profile: " Not a doctor." But you could go in another direction like "Loves dogs" or "Lion tamer" or "Sshhh... I'm undercover"

Also, it's easy to guess, more right swipes equal more matches. Maybe they're like you and their pic isn't the best but they're awesome in real life.
>>
>>17946216
You need good pictures, ideally 4-5 showing:

>Your face, clearly shown
>You with friends (social proof)
>You with women
>You doing your hobby (hiking, drawing, etc)
>Well shot and composed photos are a bonus

You want to sell yourself and your life as much of an attractive light as you can. Think about it like advertising and marketing.
>>
Tinder is a meat market in the purest sense a d I'd you're not a prime cut, you might as well save your time.. Women are--as a rule--gravitate to the highest status male in an area. On tinder you're one face among many. You would be better off sharpening your real life game.
>>
>>17946684
too bad i'm 5"8 1/2, rip

>>17946360
where do you lose points you think?

>>17946610
yeah i noticed the limited likes and boosts and shit, i actually had tinder when i was 16 and averaged like maybe 4 likes a week but decided the app wasn't for me, changed my mind i guess.

>>17946673
point taken

>>17947133
point also taken

>>17947459
ditto

>>17947761
>>
>>17947761
this
>>
>>17946684
That's bullshit that /r9k/ feeds you. If you get matches from that, it will all be dumb shallow trashy girls.
>>
>>17948757
I thought women gave a shit about height tho.
>>
>>17948823
None of the ones worth a second glance do. Every time you see a girl with "you must be 6'" she's usually a short fat ugly minority. Also tall girls are the least likely to care about a guy's height.
>>
>>17948827
immensely good to hear, i used to be self conscious about my height but then i started looking at it from the perspective; who else is like me? instead of, why aren't i like him?
>>
>>17948831
I used to be self conscious but then I stopped giving a fuck when I realized I'm fucking awesome and any girl would be lucky to have me. And guess what, I have girls of all heights crushing on me these days.

It helps that I'm good looking and make good money, but that's just a side effect of being driven and confident.
>>
Tinder in my experience is retarded, I've hooked up with 3 chicks from it in the one year I've had it. (would be more but some girls disappear or I don't put in effort cause of my own life situations) I get a decent amount of likes on and off, but recently I don't get responses from matches even though I'm not doing anything different. There's also dry phases where I get no likes for a bit then randomly get a 3-6 in a row or something. I'm actually typing this from my phone while one of my tinder scores is sleeping next to me in my bed. I just don't give a fuck, they're mostly dumb sluts who want dick no matter how hard they portray the contrary. Don't expect much
>>
>>17948843
Also to note I'm nothing very spectacular, currently broke and looking for a new job. Car has been off the road for almost two months and don't go to the gym or what have you, I'm pretty skinny. I'm 21 and haven't started college yet, just play vidya all day until things finally work out I'm in a shitty position right now
>>
>>17948849
this isnt op, just some faggot troll who likes sabotaging people asking for help.
>>
>>17948852
What? That post you quoted is me, and the post it's quoting is also me. I was adding background to myself to show I'm currently essentially a NEET but still have success with tinder.
>>
>>17948860
fuck, my bad, just had an autism wave flood my brain. ignore me
>>
File: head.jpg (85KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
85KB, 540x960px
>>17946324
>totally cool if a man gets to have his selection of beautiful women to satisfy his ego regardless of his looks or status
>totally evil if women get to have a choice as well

kek

People are so fucking weird these days. They're more preoccupied with making their online identities look as attractive as possible so they can find someone to sleep with but are totally uninterested in improving themselves or expanding their interests so they can find a companion to spend the rest of their lives with. Then they wonder why they're so bitter and lonely.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 882x661px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 882x661px
>>17946216
I don't have Tinder anymore.
Met a girl through it, been steady for almost eight months now.
>pic related

My bio, though:
>I'm into flowers, pussy, and writing erotica
>I know how to fly a plane
>I music
>I'm the normal one
>I'll be your favorite

I have no idea why she matched with me.
>>
>>17949133
Oh lol

>I'm into flowers, pussy, and writing erotica
>my ex fiancé ghosted me, help me forget about it
>I music
>I'm the normal one
>I'll be your favorite

Knew I was forgetting something.
>>
>>17949133

Really? I'm a guy and I'd fuck you.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.