[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ minor problem here. How do you get over an obsession

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Hi /adv/ minor problem here. How do you get over an obsession with someone? I still have feelings for my first crush when i was 15 years old (i know i sound crazy) she rejected me hard and sent me into depression. Im 23 now with bad anxiety and depression but my life is on track, and about to be in a relationship soon. I just cant shake these feelings, theyre still there. Wtf is wrong with me? Id never attempt contact with her because i know the obvious outcome but my brain is still fixated on this person, not horribly but noticeably.
>>
Just forget about her and focus on your new relationship, man.

You were rejected once but now you're accepted by another girl.

I've never had a girl accept a date request from me my entire life, at least you have one.
>>
I've had the same type of feelings for a girl since I was 14 too, I'm 19 now. I've had a girlfriend in that time who I genuinely did love, been broken up for a year now.

Last year me and the girl I've had feelings for for 5 years became really close, and now we're best friends.

This isn't as great as you think it is either, trust me. Focus on the relationship you have coming up man.
>>
File: images-4.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
you need to get out and do something my man , maybe try a hobby or just getting shitfaced with friends
>>
>>17945658
I have a similar problem, but shes motivated me to better myself i so can one day sweep her off her feet, by being the perfect man. Then the day she says she loves me im out. Rate
>>
The "cure" is doing something that makes you forget her and makes you improve. A creative hobby and workout are the best options.

You're having it easy, the girl I'm fixiated with, likes the same hobbies as me so everytime I start to draw/sculpt/play guitar, I think about her. It. Is. Hell.
>>
I am 23 and I still remember my first crush, from when I was 15-16. We danced together competitively for two years and spend a lot of time together but she was year older than me and had a boyfriend already. We never even kissed.

I had normal relationships otherwise but this one is stuck in my brain forever.
Not obsessing over that, but it still hurts when I think about it every other month or so. I will never be so much invested in anyone ever again...
>>
>>17945658
Internal fulfillment. Any attempts to achieve satisfaction from external sources is futile, because the only constant in your life is you. You need to not her, at which point you'll paradoxically start attracting more of what you don't need. The rich get richer, and the poor poorer, because no one wants to give to those who are unlikely to give back.
>>
>>17946151
>You need to not her,
You need to not need* her

Fixed.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.