[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Media Beginner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: CRyuemGWIAAJTI7[1].jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CRyuemGWIAAJTI7[1].jpg
38KB, 600x600px
I was never that into social media and I considered it to be a waste of time. However I want to put myself out there more and I feel that I'm stunting myself if I don't have at least some form of social media presence.

However I'm kind of unclear on how I'm supposed to use Facebook/Insta/Snapchat. I'm not that big on taking pictures, especially of myself. Is it weird if I just use as a messenger and only comment on other people's statuses? Or am I expected to post/snap things of my own?

I'd also like to know if social media sites have helped expand your friend group or improve your social life IRL.
>>
>>17945592
Social media is a waste of time bud. I deleted all of it because its usually just girls posting meaningless quotes, guys being fuckboys and the rest being advertisements.. Wanna put yourself out there? Go to social events and chat up girls
>>
>>17945598
I'm not planning on using it that much but I still feel like it would be a good thing to have.
To my understanding people use it to get out general information to their friends. I don't want to miss out on things like a party's time and location or a friend changing his phone number.
>>
>>17945607

If you're making it to stay connected with friends and family then go ahead, thats what most people use this stuff for. But if you're looking to make new friends it's a very poor platform for doing so.

I have a facebook account as an easy means of allowing friends to contact me, keeping somewhat updated with old friends lives and just generally being in the loop with things. I've never made a new friend that I hadn't known about before through facebook however.

And yes if you make an account make sure to upload a recent picture of yourself. Even if you have to take one or get someone else to take one.
>>
>>17945628
>just generally being in the loop with things.
Yeah that's the main reason I'm going to sign up for it. I feel like I'm out of the loop when it comes to the things my friend group are doing which makes me feel a little distant and isolated.

>And yes if you make an account make sure to upload a recent picture of yourself
I was planning on taking one to use for my profile but do I have to continuously post things? I don't feel like I do much that's worth sharing.
>>
>>17945646

Not at all, I've had an account since back in 2009, I sometimes go years without posting anything. The people who post all of the time are the ones with boring lives or seeking validation, most people just use it to keep in touch or tag each other in memes.

It's even more acceptable to not post anything these days because no one even notices, everyones news feed is flooded with advertisements and memes.
>>
>>17945650
Alright thanks for the advice. That makes me feel better.
>>
>>17945628
>And yes if you make an account make sure to upload a recent picture of yourself.
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>17945592
>Is it weird if I just use as a messenger and only comment on other people's statuses?
Yes and No
If you'd regularly post updates of your own, then you'd fit more within the norm of things, Your posts don't necessarily need to include pictures or media, just your thoughts would be fine. The point is reveal aspects/interests of yourself and learn the same in others.

Personally, I quit FB a few years back because social media in general wasn't for me. Your case may be different.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.