[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1405395421501s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1405395421501s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
Been lurking here for a while, looking at threads about social anxiety, about finding girlfriends and such. Even the amount of threads about virginity I've looked at concerns me. But over the past few weeks, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm alone.

I always try to trick myself into thinking I have friends because I talk to people online and I go out sometimes to do important things, but besides that I have no one to share my experience with.

I no longer crave sex, crave love, or crave a girlfriend, I find myself only craving a simple friend, who can relate with me, laugh with me, and have fun with me. I don't care if it's a guy or girl, my only care is that we have a connection that mutually binds us.
The reason I simply just want a friend is because I'm tired of sitting in my dorm alone, not talking to anyone, just with myself and my thoughts. I find lately I don't even want to go onto the computer, I just want to sit on the floor with my back on the wall, legs straight out, and think about my loneliness. I've even begun creating these scenarios in my head about having friends and hanging out, getting drunk, and just having a genuinely good time.

I'm becoming scared my loneliness is going to be my undoing mentally, I believe I'm beginning to go insane. I've caught myself on several occasions having conversations with myself in my room this week. My mood is beginning to swing like crazy, and I'm developing strange mannerisms.

I began meditating twice a day to keep myself sane and to not ruin what little of a personality I have left. I'm asking you guys for the first time to help me, I need friends...
>>
>>17945400
Dude, you need better advice than you can find here. I suggest your student medical centre. This could be a bit more than feeling alone.
>>
>>17945400
What do you do on the PC? /v/? /a/?
>>
>>17945404
Maybe...
>>17945406
I have a group of online friends I've been in touch with for like 2 years, we went from console to PC and just play steam on occasion.
>>
>>17945407
Tbh you are in a fucked up almost inescapable situation unless you stand up, slam that door open, go to the bar and buy some bitch a drink
>>
>>17945413
I'm 20, cannot do bars yet :/.
>>
i know this feel anon. i only have one person i talk to and he's online and hasn't been getting back to me as much lately. i'd like to have an irl friend too but it seems like evryone else my age already has their own established groups and are on a different level than me...
>>
>>17945407
Anyway you can ask any of these guys to meet up in person?
>>
>>17945563
Nah, they live all over the country, like I literally met them just playing GTA V
>>
*shrug* college ain't exactly the hardest place to meet people.

That's definitely where I taught myself to be social.

Literally all you need to do is just say "hi" to someone. Then talk to them about something you have in common.

Your common ground includes, the entire curriculum/courses/teachers/city/local spots/food/culture/etc that you have in common (in other words you basically have absolutely no lack of common ground).

Finding GOOD friends is a different matter. That's something that's hard to get in life period, and it's only something you just luck across.

But you won't find it if you don't try, and getting to know people is a pretty interesting thing to do anyway.

I say this as a former social recluse who was riddled with crippling social anxiety and depression, that got sick of it and forced himself, step by step to change (all the way from forcing myself to learn to look people in the eye, to starting to speaking up in class to ask question, to speaking to class mates, to going to parties with total strangers, to forcing myself to sit down at random restaurant bars and making myself have conversations with and befriend whoever happened to be near me).

If something about yourself dissatisfies you, you can always work to improve it.

If you're lonely, go out, try to meet people, polish your social skills. Not that complicated.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.