[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have a shot with this girl I'm messaging?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: date pls.png (148KB, 701x2316px) Image search: [Google]
date pls.png
148KB, 701x2316px
Picture of our conversation attached for reference. I'm blue, she's pink. I started messaging her this afternoon and found that she was responding pretty promptly -- just as quickly as I was, if not more quickly. Her responses weren't exactly stellar though, so I figured she probably wasn't too interested. I didn't see anything to lose in asking her out, though, so I did. Much to my surprise she gave me what I think is a pretty enthusiastic "yes". But then she goes on to not give me her number yet because she didn't feel comfortable enough yet. The message you see at the end of the attached image is the end of the conversation; I was going to attempt a reply tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow I was going to try and ask her out again, but without pushing for a phone number. Is there any chance of me getting a date out of this? And if you don't think there is, why do you think she'd respond positively to me asking her out in the first place?
>>
>>17945344
>I was going to attempt a reply tomorrow afternoon.

too eager dude

wait until Thurs at earliest or evenFri and ask if you can take her to lunch Sat
>>
god damnit. i knew girls sometimes fail at maintaining conversations. but i never knew they fail THAT hard. she never asked you a question ONCE. just to ask what you find artsy...
i dunno. she seems very selfabsorbed. you sure you want to try to CONVINCE her to go on a date with you?
i mean, it depends ok what you want out of this. if it's just sex, push further. if you want more, this one is stale porridge with no sugar. eww
>>
>>17945344
You blew it. You do realize that females get around 20-30 messages an hr, if not more if they're just decent looking. Sometimes, you get lucky and you're both on at the same time. That's when you strike and go in for the kill.

Most of the time, when you try to chat at a later time, you'll find that the hundreds of messages she gets from other guys will bury yours into oblivion. From the plain run of the mill conversation you just had, she'll most likely not even bother to look for you. Your conversation sucked dude, it was plain as fuck. She was probably bored and wasn't bombarded when you hit her up. Good luck though.
>>
>>17945364
Suggestions for improvement? She gave me almost nothing to work with.
>>
>>17945366
not that anon, but a femanon if it makes any difference.
you did very good. she really didn't give you anything to work with. i don't see what you could have done differently besides maybe secure a date and time right away to see if she would follow trough. but honestly, i wouldn't agree on a date with a guy i just started texting 5 mins ago. but i also wouldn't act paranoid about switching to phone. IF i think you might be someone i want to meet up some times. maybe the fact she wanted to keep it to the dating site was indication enough that she has no intention to meet up, ever
>>
>>17945344

you need to stop asking so many questions. a few are fine to get the conversation going, but you need to talk about yourself. if the girl is interested she will reciprocate with her own questions. you just barraging her with questions isnt going to do anything
>>
File: 6543254.jpg (25KB, 450x454px) Image search: [Google]
6543254.jpg
25KB, 450x454px
>>17945374
See, that's the exact way I used to think before I started using Tinder and Bumble. When I get matches on there, I've learned to strike while it's hot (within 5 back-and-forths) every time; that's what gets me dates. I guess the proper dating sites work differently.

Is it worth it for me to keep trying? And if so how should I approach? Like I said in the OP, I was considering asking her out again either tomorrow or within the next few days. Should I try that while also trying to secure a concrete date? Or do you think she's giving off signs of not wanting to meet up ever?

>>17945377
I know that; I wasn't going into the conversation trying to interview her or something. But when she gives me dead-end replies, how else do I keep the conversation going? Her responses killed so many topics of discussion.
>>
>>17945377
but op had no other thing left to do since she only gave him one-liners and left it to him to try and cut open a new topic after each question he asked. she never gave him anything to start a conversation on or to talk a bit about himself
>>
>>17945366
Basically don't talk about stupid shit like the weather. If she's not putting work in, then you keep showing interest by talking about some other bullshit you read on her profile. It shows that you actually read the damn thing, cuz girls get annoyed at that shit. Secondly, since you're obviously steering the conversation, steer it towards something you're passionate about, or some goals you're working towards. It shows you have ambition and maybe even worth her time. Now these you use to get girls numbers or other info off the site.

If you can't get that info, then you just try again another day and see if she'll reply. If she doesn't move on. If she does, then it's the waiting game.
>>
>>17945388
>>17945390

boys, you dont need an excuse to talk about yourself.

right after this line:
>It's basically my personality in a job lol

you start going into YOUR job, what you do, why you enjoy & value your work. talk about how busy you are and how you never have time for [x] hobby.

you are a fucking man. you dont need to be prompted with a question like some child.
>>
>>17945388
honestly, i feel like she's the kind of girl that's just in for the attention and not actually looking to meet someone. if she was interested in fucking, she would have picked up on you asking to meet up. if she was interested in getting to know you (because she's actually looking to meet someone), she wouöd have invested more into the conversation and picked up on one of the gazillion topics you had to come up with. i'd say lost cause, move on. ofc you can try once more but don't get your hopes up. maybe go full chad since you don't have anything worthwhile to lose.
>>
>>17945391
Her profile was pretty scarce, unfortunately. I've actually had decent success on dating sites in the past, and I know that reading the bio is how you get good conversation started. I was trying to steer the conversation towards music or at least art in general towards the end there. I just didn't want to outright say "Hey, I play guitar and write music." I was hoping she'd ask me about it so it'd flow a bit more organically.
>>
>>17945391
>>17945395
yup
>>
>>17945398
Now you've learned your lession.

You can just play it casual by saying sometimes when you're not busy working on music or art or whatever bullcrap, you jump onto this webpage to find inspiration or some bullshit to relax.
>>
>>17945344
In my experience, any girl that wants to "chat more" will never end up meeting up.
>>
>>17945388
>I guess the proper dating sites work differently.

My memories a little rusty and I can't really tell what you're on (haven't used a dating site since I met my gf through one a couple years ago) was this Plenty of Fish?

Anyway, your 5 post thing is pretty spot on, even on more profile dense and chat heavy sites like OKC (Hell, iirc, I think my girlfriend was exactly 3).

In my experience, you're probably like 6/10 odds, not going to go anywhere from here. Who knows though. Why would she respond positively then flinch? Could be she's a flake, could be she's shy, could be it's exactly what she told you.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>goose mommy

MY FUCKING SIDES
>>
>>17945344
Pretend you're talking to a person.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.