[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am >>17936836 (not sure how to link to an archived thread)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: notrespassing.jpg (265KB, 598x1062px) Image search: [Google]
notrespassing.jpg
265KB, 598x1062px
I am >>17936836

(not sure how to link to an archived thread)

/adv/ advised me to text a guy I like to ask him how he's doing, since he has seemed stressed lately.

I sent the text a few minutes ago and haven't heard back yet. Kind of regretting it now.
>>
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>17945324
>few minutes ago

give him time to remember who you are :)

he might be driving or eating or phone is turned off

really sending 1 txt does not commit you to much of anything
>>
>>17945329
Eh, I have to see him twice a week. I kind of feel like initiating contact is admitting something, which makes me vulnerable to rejection, which I've dealt with too much of lately to deal with again right now.
>>
what did you send?

also, i sometimes take hours to write back. patience
>>
>>17945330
I'm not concerned that he hasn't answered. I know there's dozens of good reasons he may not have answered in the past couple of minutes.

Just having buyer's remorse.
>>
>>17945334

holy smooch girl lighten up

if he doesn't reply then just be polite the next time you see him, don't mention anything
>>
>>17945334
If you looked stressed out and someone you see regularly asked you if you're ok, would you assume it means something more? Relax :)
>>
>>17945338
I'm wary of posting a screenshot because I'm afraid I will miss something and not edit out some info, but I just mentioned who it was (he knows who I am, I am not sure he knows who my phone number belongs to, though I have announced it in a group text before), asked if he was doing ok because he has seemed stressed the past few sessions.
>>
>>17945345
I would question what their motives were, yes.
>>
>>17945348
Their motives could be they're a nice person who cares about people.
>>
>>17945352
I wouldn't necessarily think they're attracted to me, I guess. I'm just kind of wary of people.

I feel like I did something unethical taking his phone number from a group text.
>>
He responded. He said it was probably just school stuff and thanked me for looking out for him and said if he's not being fun, he'll try harder.

I told him he's fine and not cranky and not not fun, just sad and I wished him luck with school.
>>
File: aeka is for loving not bullying.jpg (176KB, 624x1953px) Image search: [Google]
aeka is for loving not bullying.jpg
176KB, 624x1953px
>>17945353
>I feel like I did something unethical taking his phone number from a group text.
You are using it to express concern because you like him. If he takes your good intent and gets mad at it, it isn't because you did something wrong.
>>
>>17945384
Come up with something to do with him after study group and tell him you want to hang out. If he asks why, just teasingly tell him he seems kinda down and you think it's be fun.
>>
>>17945427
We are having a nice conversation so I guess it worked out.

I just feel like if the wrong person did that to me, I'd be pretty peeved.

I'm also not sure how much I was concerned and how much I just wanted an excuse to talk to him. I was definitely a little concerned, but I think it was more selfish of me.

I don't know. I'm not super happy with myself right now, but not willing to take steps like this is probably why I'm so alone all the time.
>>
File: 8584598.jpg (123KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
8584598.jpg
123KB, 960x1280px
>>17945437
>We are having a nice conversation so I guess it worked out.
Good.
>I just feel like if the wrong person did that to me, I'd be pretty peeved.
Just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone else will. In addition is you feeling that way the proper response?
>I'm also not sure how much I was concerned and how much I just wanted an excuse to talk to him. I was definitely a little concerned, but I think it was more selfish of me.
It is okay to want to talk to him and being selfish isn't wrong. In addition, sometimes just talking to someone because you want to talk to them rather than because you feel bad for them is far more helpful because it comes off as genuine. Who wants someone to talk to them out of pity all the time? That doesn't leave good feelings.
>I don't know. I'm not super happy with myself right now, but not willing to take steps like this is probably why I'm so alone all the time.
Why are you not happy? Things are working out and it doesn't seem as if you've done something wrong.
>>
>>17945447
You're right, I think it's just my depression and self loathing coming out. He seems happy that I contacted him and I guess I should just take that at face value and not dig into reasons why I should be ashamed of it or unhappy with myself.

He talked a lot and I think a lot of my responses weren't the most thought out. At one point he said he was relieved I was staying in Austin when I said something that he mistook for me moving away. If you read through the conversation, he seems a lot more excited to be talking to me than I am to him, which is kind of a bummer. I wish I was better at expressing myself or comfortable admitting that i'm excited to be talking to someone instead of always playing it cool and above-it-all.
>>
>>17945462
>You're right, I think it's just my depression and self loathing coming out. He seems happy that I contacted him and I guess I should just take that at face value and not dig into reasons why I should be ashamed of it or unhappy with myself.
First step is admitting it. You have someone you enjoy talking to and he enjoys talking with you. That is human and good. Nothing to be ashamed of
>He talked a lot and I think a lot of my responses weren't the most thought out. At one point he said he was relieved I was staying in Austin when I said something that he mistook for me moving away. If you read through the conversation, he seems a lot more excited to be talking to me than I am to him, which is kind of a bummer. I wish I was better at expressing myself or comfortable admitting that i'm excited to be talking to someone instead of always playing it cool and above-it-all.
Instead of wishing, why not try to express yourself? The only way to get better at it is practice. Just do little things like saying "I'm glad I got to talk to you" or express interest in talking with him more outside of your daily routine.

Don't be like pic related in other words.
>>
>>17945474
Well I think it is too late for this conversation. He seems to have gone to bed (last message - which had a conversation ending feel to it - was about 20 minutes ago) and I'm about to go to bed too.

But if we talk or text again, I will try to display more enthusiasm. I do kind of regret doing this today because my sister was in the hospital earlier and I'm a bit fatigued and tired all around.
>>
Thanks for all your help, anons. Hopefully I'll continue coming out of my shell.
>>
File: kuma1.jpg (482KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
kuma1.jpg
482KB, 900x675px
>>17945478
>Well I think it is too late for this conversation. He seems to have gone to bed (last message - which had a conversation ending feel to it - was about 20 minutes ago) and I'm about to go to bed too.
You're right.
>But if we talk or text again, I will try to display more enthusiasm. I do kind of regret doing this today because my sister was in the hospital earlier and I'm a bit fatigued and tired all around.
Don't say the word try. You will display more enthusiasm. Hope your sister is doing better. Oyasumi anon.
>>
What is my next move? I'm happy to be just friends, so I'm not going to do anything too forward and risky.

I'm hoping he suggests something since I broke the ice, but if he doesn't, what should I do?
>>
File: 1481744577399.gif (1MB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
1481744577399.gif
1MB, 540x359px
>>17946444
>I'm hoping he suggests something since I broke the ice, but if he doesn't, what should I do?
Wait a day or two and then say, "I heard about this one place that has good food. I want to try it out so let's grab something there".
>>
>>17946500
I think a day or two might be too soon for me. I hinted that I wanted to watch the Patriots game on Saturday (when I'll see him next) and he just said I should totally be home in time for it.
>>
File: 1479025921599.png (476KB, 1392x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1479025921599.png
476KB, 1392x1042px
>>17946842
>I think a day or two might be too soon for me. I hinted that I wanted to watch the Patriots game on Saturday (when I'll see him next) and he just said I should totally be home in time for it.
Nice job. Sounds like you'll be hanging out with him for the Patriots game. So when does the double suicide play in?
>>
>>17946851
I don't think that's what he meant. He was just telling me to come to the study group because it's well before the game. I said I'd come wearing my patriots jersey.
>>
File: 1459117073217.gif (524KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459117073217.gif
524KB, 720x480px
>>17946862
>I don't think that's what he meant. He was just telling me to come to the study group because it's well before the game. I said I'd come wearing my patriots jersey.
So what is your plan for after that?
>>
>>17947200
Unless he suggests something, go watch the Patriots game by myself, I guess. I don't know if he likes football or sports.
>>
>>17947239
>I don't know if he likes football or sports.
Ask him and then ask him if he'd like to join you.
>>
>>17947283
I'll see how it goes. I'm really hoping he takes the next step.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.