[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being an adult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Antarctica_19.jpg (46KB, 812x609px) Image search: [Google]
Antarctica_19.jpg
46KB, 812x609px
I just became an adult and was wondering, what would be a good way to get started in life so that I could move out of my parents house as quickly as possible?
>>
>>17945303

go to school
>>
>>17945310
okay, what about practical methods?
>>
>>17945314

stay at your parents, get a job at fast food, retail, grocery store stocker whatever

save up $$ go to college get a degree get a real job make more $$

etc etc
>>
Packing your shit and finding your own place to stay.
>>
Save all the money you can. Seriously, don't spend those $10-$20 on stuff you really don't need.
Talk to friends about moving in together. Finding trustworthy roommates is very difficult, so stick with the people you trust.
>>
>>17945303
Get a minimum wage job, because that's all you're qualified for. Work as close to 40 hours as possible. Work two part time jobs, if that's what it takes to reach at least 40 hours. Don't spend any of your earnings on anything except necessities, and the occasional (reasonable) luxury item.

After you've saved up around 3 grand, look for an apartment or house you can share with people. You have no credit or rental history, so you're going to need to be the one who moves IN with people. Not the one who has the lease, and you invite people to live with you. No landlord will accept you without rental history. So work on that rental history by becoming someone else's roommate. This helps keep cost low. More roommates = less individual cost.

If you don't have a vehicle, you need to get that before you move out. So tack on an extra 3-4 grand to your savings. The first 3-4 will go to a car. The next 3 grand toward moving out.

Unless you live in a major city with a good bus system. In which case, you can move out first, but you better make damn sure the bus route goes by your new home, and takes you to work.
>>
I'll be vague, as you're doing the same.
First thing would be to identify your strengths. Ideally, you have one or two skills already developed (Even something simple like drawing) but if you can't think of anything, decide what skills you might want to *start* developing.
Once you do this, you can start to plan. Having a plan keeps you moving forward and on track. Decide where you want to start steering your life.
Then, once you have at least a vague idea, you can get into an occupation that at least in some way helps you toward the goals you've made, whether it's experience, skills, or just extra cash to get you moving faster. Remember, all this is less about what you do (at least at first) and more about that you're MOVING. Once you get into the habit of actually doing things, then you can start to be pickier about what you actually do.

Good luck!
>>
Join the army. It's basically 4chan: the job.
Plenty of hurrying up and doing nothing. If you're not a tad and fun to be around, your bros will take you on many a drunken weekend adventure. If you don't want to get shot or explode, don't take a grunt job. In fact, I entirely encourage you to be air force,the cushiest branch of all.
>>
>>17945303
Learn a trade and earn money
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.