[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

39 year old community college instructor here. Would it be unethical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1634.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1634.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
39 year old community college instructor here. Would it be unethical to date my 19 year old student?
>>
Well shes above the legal age, just dont do anything that'll get the police involved, you weeb.
>>
You could get fired
>>
Yes.

Wait til she finishes your class. Then if she still gives you a chance you are good to go.

But right now there is a clear conflict of interest.
>>
>>17945169
Yes
>>
>>17945169
Yes, if she is your student it's unethical.
You are dumb as a box of rocks to be teaching.
>>
>>17945176
Why though? She is of legal age.

>>17945183
Even if she finishes my class first? Not that she needs to fuck me to get a good grade, she gets As easily.

>>17945179
Of course I would wait, she's in my class this term.
>>
>>17945169
I believe that you will find your contract (if not your teaching qualification) specifically prohibits relationships with students
in some places it even covers ex-students

the reason is that the profession is deeply concerned with the possibility of people only joining the profession to sleep with young girls (of legal age or not)

so you can understand that ethically, it would be immoral not because the girl is 19, but because as her teacher you are responsible for the culture of the educational institution

and also the issue of undue pressure would be pertinent, a student might feel compelled to tolerate a teachers advances; or might consider it a trade off for better marks

ultimately it would seriously undermine trust
>>
It becomes ethical if and when she's not your student.
>>
>>17945169
Yes, it would be unethical even if she were 39 because she's your student and it presents a conflict of interest.

But even if she's not your student, 19 and 39 is questionably ethical. Not illegal though, just a moral gray area.
>>
>>17945169
It's in most contracts that you cant date your own student ya dumb fuck. Like how doctors cant their patients, ect.
>>
>>17945207
She's of legal age but you're in a position of power over her. Like, if you were a bad sort of person, you could threaten her with failing her grade if she didn't continue seeing you or something. So that's why it's prohibited to do things with your students until they're not your students anymore.
>>
>>17945207
Then wait until she's not in your class. Keep it a little downlow until a semester or two after she took your class, then do whatever. Just do not give anyone a reason to question your capacity to fairly grade.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.