[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people afford to live in major cities without college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0862.jpg (385KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0862.jpg
385KB, 1920x1200px
How do people afford to live in major cities without college or trade school?
>>
>>17944931
They work all the jobs that don't require schooling, and they probably don't live by themselves.
>>
>>17944931

downsizing. its kind of liek living in college. you cant afford to live on your own, so you dont. you bundle up two to a room. even people with reasonable jobs have to share their apartments.

i live in hollywood. my old boss worked in west hollywood. one time i was at his apartment, and it was insanely tiny compared to mine, but twice as expensive. and it wasn't even fancier, same materials, his bathroom was even worse than mind. btu he paid twice as much. just for the location. both of us lived right off the blvd, he was just further west.

point im trying to make is everyone makes some sort of sacrificde to live here.

i shared atwo bedroom apartment in hollywood, it cost 1500 a month. i paid 750 for my share, sublet my second room.

now however the prices have gone up so much that i only pay 400 bucks a month for rent, and sublet my spare room for 1100.

its nice.
>>
>>17944931
Almost every job pays enough. Obviously you won't make enough live in a nice loft looking down at the skyline while jerking off but only a minority can do that either way.
>>
Living in the city is overrated. The suburbs are way better. I'm 25 minutes from Downtown but I don't have to deal with all the bullshit of living in the city.
>>
>>17944981

i personally love it, but im sure if ur close to the city its not so bad either.
>>
>>17944931

I live 25 minutes from dowtown Kansas City. No college or trade.

I imagine every major city has areas that fit what you're able to spend on housing. In my case, it's a studio apartment in one of the cheaper cities in the KC area. Your options only expand if you can get roommates.
>>
>>17944972
So even just working on an assembly line or something I'll be able to afford it?
>>
>>17944997
Assuming it's not some ghetto company that underpays their workers, sure.
>>
File: 1400699026384.jpg (35KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
1400699026384.jpg
35KB, 363x310px
>>17944991

>Kansas City
>>
>>17944997

depends what lifestyle you are accustomed to. a lot of people are unwilling to give up their luxuries... like having their ow nroom.

it varies from city to city though. plenty of peopel with minimum wage 'get by' but its not necessarilly fun.

remember that if you arent going to have any spending moeny its kind of hard to enjoy what the city offers. everything expensive here.

sure theres a 6 dollar deal on tuesdays, but every other day of the week a movie costs 16 bucsk here.
>>
>>17944997
Get a job at Costco. They pay pretty well
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.