[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Let Go" even Before Starting Employment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: LB.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
LB.png
8KB, 225x225px
Hi /adv/

I graduated a 4-year BSN nursing program back in August. Passed my license test, interviewed in September, and was offered a position as a new graduate in local Emergency room (volunteered there for 6months). Here's my problem:

I was set to start on January 23rd, and just today i got a call from HR telling me my employment is "no longer needed". Basically im getting shafted after waiting almost 4 months since my interview for this job. I have done all per-employment duties ( drug test, physicals, paperwork signing, modules, e.t.c.) and now they're shafting. I'm pissed as fucking hell .

I'm already looking at other positions because now im in a dire place. This job meant paying rent and staying in the city. It's all so sudden.

Should I bother emailing the ER director that interviewed me? they didnt even give a reason as to my termination. /adv/ im shaking just typing all this.
>>
buuuump
>>
:(
>>
double sad face
>>
>>17944672
ayyy long beach nice
>>
>>17944672

as for advice ... that just sucks man all I can say is there's nothing to lose in emailing the director again. an email can also be something to show future employers or whatever your unfortunate circumstance and maybe they can help you out
>>
>>17945048
>>17945038

Thank you kind sir. Yeah i emailed the director again. Today has not been the best of days. I've applied to countless positions just tonight and got a hiring event im attending in the morning
>>
>>17944672

that sucks

likely not worth emailing that hospital

any other hospitals in your area ? you can use the 6mon vol as reference, ditto the "i was hired but fired before starting date"

what about ambulance companies ? fire departments need EMS techs ? police depts ?
>>
>>17945141

Should I tell future employers about the while " i was hired but fired before starting date" thing? I was thinking of omitting it all-together. What do you think?

Yeah there's a lot of RN opportunities everywhere. Most want some experience, but im applying to all of them anyways. What's biting me most is that i've been unemployed for almost 6months and now they're shafting me last minute and now i'll be unemployed for another 1-2 months till starting a new job. I planned all my expenses so that this would all workout and now this...

Eh, i'll get through it i know. Right now this just blows and im trying to maneuver through this the best way possible
>>
>>17944672
HR person here.

Shit like this happens. It's never happened at my company, but it sounds like they just found someone that was more immediate than you. Or cheaper.

They likely hired a Filipina nurse. I'm not kidding about it. You probably already know hospitals hire Filipina nurses en masse.

Feel free to ask me any other questions.
>>
>>17945192
>Should I tell future employers about the while " i was hired but fired before starting date" thing?

i'm not sure i would definitely not put it on resume if they ask what you did 6 months between graduating & now you need a good answer

telling the truth - you got screwed by other hospital - means what ? they have almost no ability or interest to verify that statement and it kind of makes you look bad

OTOH - you did 6 months volunteer work at that hospital so you have references for that

possibly contact the HR person that told you this and ask them - can i use you as reference when my next job asks me what i did for 6 months ? at best they may say yes

you don't want to answer like - i was partying and forgot to apply for jobs

you could say you were tired from studying so hard and wanted a break after graduating so you would be fresh ready motivated for work ?

and thanks for being a nurse :)

i've been getting too much health care lately (whine) i hate it but i'm very glad nurses & doctors exist :)
>>
>>17945209

>>17945199
HR guy again.

With the job market as it is, employers understand if you've been unemployed. Tell them you've been volunteering if you have, or you can tell them that you've brushing up on your skills while job searching.
>>
File: 1481570367925.jpg (453KB, 1606x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481570367925.jpg
453KB, 1606x900px
Are you working out in Cali? Sorry to shift the convo, I want to be a Trauma-oriented PA, and I live in Whittier.

I'm considering doing a Nursing program but have no idea how brutal it is.

As for you sitch, I would just start looking at other hospitals. It's a shitty thing, but I don't know if an email will change anything.
>>
>>17945209

thanks for the help, advice, and compassion friend. I hope your doing well with your health

>>17945199
>>17945212

Oh awesome! Thx for the replies. Hmmm, yeah i had a feeling this might be budget/pay related.

I have a hiring event im attending tomorrow with HR people and nurse managers present. Any advice for this? Or even advice for RN interviews in general? :/ gotta go through this all over gain bleeeeeh
>>
>>17945216

Yah in Cali. Tbh honest nursing program was not too brutal in coursework for me, just time-consuming in general. Take ur pre-requisites at a community college (cheaper) ad transfer over is what i recommend. Apply to all your choices and pray you get in. I was number #12 on the waitlist for CSULB and got it. Goodluck friendo!
And im hoping my email will at the least shed some light on the mystery of the situation. I even asked the director if there's lower lvl positions i can take alternatively. I really wanted to work at this ER, it's a lvl 2 trauma center and does Peds ER also. Can't believe they shafted me like this. Might have to move back home now
>>
>>17945227

I don't have any experience with RN related things, but I can help you with everything else.

Dress nice. Go to the event with a folder full of your resumes. Be prepared to talk about your skills and what you hope to be doing in your next career. Think about what makes you passionate about your chosen field. Passion really shines through and makes recruiters and hiring managers happy.

Oh, something that helped me was creating a 2 minute "elevator speech."

Basically you want to go through your school, why you chose to go in your field, what you've been doing, and why you're excited to be speaking to them. Be prepared to come up with examples. (Google the STAR method to nail it down if someone asks you for an example of something)

Good luck anon, I've been unemployed before and it got to the point where I was wondering if my life was worth anything at all. Think of every interview as experience for the next one. Eventually you'll get so good at answering the same old questions you'll get a Perfect on the next interview.

GOOD LUCK NIGGA
>>
>>17945236
FYI, if you need help practicing it, you can add me on skype: IAmaRaptor.

Just letting you know now, I'm going to sleep in an hour.
>>
File: 1483639092855.jpg (71KB, 1080x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1483639092855.jpg
71KB, 1080x1087px
>>17945234
Thank you kindly. I'm sure an email wouldn't hurt at all and hopefully helps you.

Good luck on your quest anon, you'll do good. Who knows, maybe I'll see you in some ER bay in 8 years hahah.
>>
>>17945236
>>17945248

Thank you friend. I appreciate all the sincere advice and considerate words. I'll just be practicing with a mirror for now, thank you for the skype offer of course.

The elevator speech seems perfect. Willl use
>>
>>17945253

Hope so to man. Goodluck to you as well bud
>>
Herp derp
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.