[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Academic probation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1483042251236.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1483042251236.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
How bad is it to be on academic probation @ a community college? If I get my grades up, will it still affect my transfer?
I have most of my units @ the CC across town, but decided to go to one closer to home. I took 2 classes there, withdrew from 1, and failed the other. I'm now on academic probation @ the one near my house.
Should I just resume my studies @ the other CC across town and pretend like nothing ever happened?
If I transfer to a uni from the CC across town, they can't get the records from the CC near my house unless I specifically request that they do, right?
>>
Just don't tell anyone. Wait until someone asks, and then claim ignorance.
>>
>>17944510
a low gpa will make transferring to a 4 year uni harder.

furthermore, if you've done this poorly in CC, you should really reevaluate if academia is the best path for your future. school will only get harder from here on out, so unless your performance is from not having your shit together, your gpa will likely get worse
>>
>>17944510
I'm not sure how it will affect your acceptance, but I can tell you that if you're failing junior college you will drown in university. Try to finish cc as best as you can and find a career in truck driving or something. Electricians also make decent pay if you can go through trade school.
>>
>>17944554
>>17944563

These. Community college is a joke, it's not much different curriculum wise than high school was. A 4 year school isn't that. There is no one to hold your hand there and they don't give a shit if you fail. Maybe consider learning a trade and save yourself some debt and frustration.
>>
Guys, I was only off my game for 2 semesters. My GPA at the other CC across town where I had taken most of my classes was a 3.2
You act like I have been failing for years.
>>
>>17944635
you got academic probation in CC. being "off your game" in CC should be only getting a 3.8 and an STI, not getting written warning that you need to get your shit together
>>
I was on academic probation at my cc and I still was able to transfer to a decent 4year uni.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.