[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do I find my passion? I mean, I wasted so much free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

How the FUCK do I find my passion? I mean, I wasted so much free time doing nothing. I hate myself for this, I don't progress on any level.

I love mountain biking, I love making youtube videos but I'm not doing any of those. Like what the fuck?

I already made 200 euros from youtube, but I can't think of new ideas. So my channel is dead for the most part. I'm wasting the opportunity to succeed even more.

It just feels like I'm stuck, I can't think or do anything, I'm just a worthless, jobless, socially incapable cunt. How do I change that?
>>
https://markmanson.net/passion
>>
>>17943196
>Linking some normie article instead of actually offering your own advice

I hope this doesn't start to become more common. I even like his stuff myself but it's annoying when people just shill articles they read instead of offering their own perspective.
>>
File: 1423254559326.jpg (80KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
1423254559326.jpg
80KB, 1333x900px
>>17943196
I read articles like these, get motivated for a second and then I'm back to doing nothing.

I think I'm just a lazy cuck. It's like, I WANT to be youtuber/mountain biker or some shit, but I don't put the work in to achieve that.

How do I break out of this "shell"? Just start doing shit? I know no one can give me legit advice, I'm kind of just venting to strangers on the internet who don't really give a fuck. God damn it.
>>
>>17943209
It's not that I don't care, I just don't know how to answer this question so easily. I think a lot of it must come from within, YOU have to make the change since I can't make it for you.

I'm in the same boat, if it means anything.
>>
>>17943218
Yeah it's a stupid question desu, I didn't really expect any answers. The answer is clear already - WORK. The thing is, I can never finish my goals, I start doing something, stop after a few weeks and go back to being a sorry little bitch with no life. Then continue doing the same.
>>
Passion is a meme. Just keep trying a lot of things until you find something that won't make you want to kill yourself on a daily basis. Work is work. Just needs to put food on the table and fund things you like to do
>>
>>17943226
I think it's harder to start putting in work when everything is given to you and there is no need to make money. My parents spoiled me by being too nice and forgiving.
>>
Also quit fucking around. When you start getting older and having painful medical problems that require expensive medicines and treatments you aren't going to be worried about your passions.
>>
>>17943225
What the fuck, I swear I didn't write "desu" anywhere holy shit
>>
>>17943234
Fucking newfag.
>>
>>17943249
Fuck off I'm not new
>>
>>17943250
Then you haven't been here for about 18 months.
>>
>>17943234
t b h is posted as desu, just like f a m is reposted as senpai, so if you type desu senpai it shows up as desu senpai. They made a word filter to combat all the spamming/shitposting with acronyms like that.

>work
The thing about the world is you can put whatever you want into it, and by making constant adjustments/re-evaluations of your progress you can achieve a lot. The hardest part really is getting started.

Possibilities are everywhere, man. Right now all I do is work, and when I have time off I just kinda drive around photographing things. I also like to watch trains go by, it's a childhood thing that I never tired of. People think it's odd, and I really struggle to integrate with people my age because of my introverted nature. But it's really better than nothing, so.
>>
>>17943255
I've been here longer than that, but not consistently.

>>17943258
Thanks for the insight my man.

Getting started really is fucking hard, low self esteem (+insecurity?), poor social skills probably add up to that. For example I wanna go to the gym to get back in shape, but I'm scared because it's just too much pressure, too many people looking, judging. I know I shouldn't give a fuck but that's just how I am. It's hard to change that.

Another example: I wanted to post lots of videos to youtube but I didn't because I'm afraid my friends will laugh at me.

Do you post your pictures somewhere? I'd love to take a look.
>>
>>17943258
You sound like a cool guy and I'd drive around and take photos and chill with you.
>>
>>17943274
>I want to do x but I'm scared
Stop thinking and just act. It's good to be cautious when you're doing something that could threaten your life but the worst thing other people at the gym could do to you is laugh, maybe banter you a bit but that isn't likely to happen because anyone in the gym is likely focusing on their workout. When you want to make changes you have to just act. If you think about everything and try to wait until you're comfortable with it you'll miss a lot of opportunities and trust me the pain of regret is much more severe than any pain a dbag stranger can cause you. Also because you're scared when you push through and do it you will have a massive boost of confidence because you overcame the fear. Think about a year or two from now when you're going to that gym and busting your workouts and your body is looking better and better. You're not going to be thinking about those nonfactors who laughed at you when you were a weak noobie. You might be the guy that dyels who want to lift are intimidated by.
>>
>>17943274
It is hard and I get the low self esteem part. I struggle with a lot of what you mentioned, like getting in front of people and performing. I'd love to go to the gym and work out to get stronger/become good looking but I hate having to start out, make mistakes and look like a fool before gitting gud. Same with women, and the two are intrinsically tied together, since I don't have the confidence I want because I don't believe I'm good looking, plus women point out how skinny I am with this air of disgust, which doesn't help.

Best thing for either of us is to suck it up and do it. There's really no way around it.

I do post my photos online, you can view them here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ianlindo/

>>17943275
This'll sound a bit, er, "autstic" of me but what makes you think I sound "cool"? Asking because I'm pretty clueless about how I appear to people in general.
>>
>>17943284
>>17943302
>Best thing for either of us is to suck it up and do it. There's really no way around it.

It's like I knew this already (not to be a dick), but the fact that some stranger took the time to write all of this and is somewhat in the same boat, really hit me. Feels good man when I'm not alone dealing with this shit. Thank you for taking the time to write this.

And I gotta say, if those pictures are really yours, then well done, really good job, man. I'd buy them if they were posters. Those with the trains look stinkin awesome.
>>
Find a hobby where you create. Creative hobbies are things like drawing, dancing, music, wood working etc.
>But I'm no good at any of that
Then get good

Hobbies where you only consume are things like video games, movies etc. You won't get anywhere in life with hobbies like this unless you become a critic or something.
>>
>>17943274
Gym buddies are like the most chilled guys I've ever known. You can ask the coach (if there is one) to teach you, and if there isn't, you can ask people there to show you how to do it the right way and they'll be more than pleased to do so.
If you get something wrong they'll be more likely to correct you than laugh at you.
(watching how to do the move on YouTube is also a good idea)
Good luck, you just need to go there and do it.
>>
>>17943373
I used to go to the gym with my friend, but he died a week ago. I know how to do most of the workouts, but now I'm alone. I never went to the gym alone. I guess I just have push it through somehow, my friend would want that.

Thanks man
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.