[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morphine hydrocloride

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1463155769775.png (284KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1463155769775.png
284KB, 450x338px
I got prescribed 5mg morphine hydrocloride after my surgery but I wasn't instructed in how to use it. The receipt says to use when needed, but how much pain should I be in before taking it? I mean it's fucking morphine, I don't want to play around.

(I know I should ask my doctor but she's on fucking vacation. I called a medical advice line and they said they aren't allow to give advice on prescription meds.)
>>
>>17942898
Any good chemists in the area? They should be able to tell you
>>
Take it without pain for maximum effect
>>
>>17942901
Sorry, I'm not natively english. Do you mean a literal chemist or some kind of pharmacist? There are pharmacies around here but I don't feel like walking over to one.
>>
>>17942908
I definitely do not want to get high. I want to relieve the pain so that I can focus on work. There is no point if I get sluggish in the head.
>>
>>17942909
Not him but coming from an English native I'm 95% certain he means a pharmacy, sometimes they're called chemists.
>>
>>17942913
You're right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apothecary
>"The modern pharmacist (also colloquially referred to as a chemist in British English) has taken over this role and in some languages and regions the word is still used to refer to a retail pharmacy or a pharmacist who owns one."
In my country we still say apothecary.
>>
>>17942923
Huh, interesting. You learn something new every day.
>>
>>17942909
Yes, sorry I meant pharmacy. Although if you kno w a literal chemist, they could also tell you haha
>>
This forum aimed at druggies says 5mg is barely noticeable.
http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/595294-5mg-Morphine-pill
Should I stop worrying and just take the pill?
>>
I got a hold of someone else at the clinic. She said my dosage is very low and that at worst I can feel a little tired. I am supposed to use it if I have pains that makes me tense, as the tension can make the healing slower. They should have told me that when I left because I've been walking around with exactly that kind of pain for two weeks now, lol.

Thank you for talking to me if nothing else.
>>
>>17943035
Dang, was just about to reply.
You should be good OP, just don't exceed 15mg every 2hrs
>>
>>17943046
My prescription says no more than 15mg per day.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.