[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any effective non-pharmaceutical cures for anxiety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: psychic tension.jpg (120KB, 426x800px) Image search: [Google]
psychic tension.jpg
120KB, 426x800px
Does anyone have any effective non-pharmaceutical cures for anxiety? Anything which has worked well for them?
>>
Yeah, Military. Made me less of a little bitch, and unless I hear artillery or armor in the distance I'm chill as fuck...
>>
>>17942559

>just stop being a bitch

Thanks anon. We'll all alert the medical community right away and let them know you found out the cure for mental illness.
>>
if you experience a stress regularly and either deal with it successfully or resolve to do so in the future you will become accustomed to it
>>
Buddhism.
>>
I'd like to find an herbal solution or a dietary solution of some kind. Alcohol doesn't work at all for me, though it did when I was a child. Nothing works that I know of. I don't want anything to do with alcohol or narcotics or tranquilizers. Everything that actually works is just overwhelmingly depressing. That's no way to live.
>>
Lifelong agoraphobia isn't going to be cured on /adv/, but I thought I'd ask anyway. If there's anything more depressing than dealing with this your whole life, I don't kow what it could be. God, I hate alcohol so fucking much.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. If not, thanks for the replies already given.
>>
>>17942530
Apparently CBT (not cock and ball torture) works.
>>
>>17942530
i have non-effective non-pharmaceutical cures and i must say they work as anticipated
>>
>>17942667
i also heard that sph and cfnm works too, is this correct?
>>
>>17942667
>>17942669
>>17942672
gee, thanks guys
>>
>>17942672
>sph and cfnm
I'd love to try them out but finding a girl to help out is pretty hard

>>17942682
CBT is supposed to work though.
>>
File: 15391377193.jpg (7KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
15391377193.jpg
7KB, 190x265px
>>17942682
anytime
>>
>>17942688
not as hard as my penis when i get pounded
>>
I use codeine against anxiety , it works very well
>>
>>17942739
Do you use it every day? I hope that's not what you mean, considering tolerance and addiction. It would definitely be better than alcohol, though. But I don't want to be strung out on Codeine, because it just be substituting one problem for another. If I was willing to go that route I would maybe just figure out how to get on Methadone. That would undoubtedly work, but I would be a literal fucking slave for the rest of my days. Plus, with Codeine I would probably need twenty or thirty pills a day just to start, and that's just thoroughly fucking depressing.
>>
Meditation

I'm suffering from it but I noticed I can stop negative thoughts faster now

It's allbased on self-centeredness. Focus on others and others well being.
>>
>>17942758
A year ago, i was completely addict to codeine, but I now I regulate my consumption. I don t say you should try it, I just say that it works for me. However , it s a loss of time , money
>>
>>17942760
Dude, I've been doing that for long, long time. You know, that's actually a complete misunderstanding/myth. It's a good suggestion, though, for a million other reasons.
>>
>>17942530
Don't know how well it works but st John's wort is supposed to help anxiety and depression
>>
>>17942824
It's a slippery slope, anon, be careful. I don't know what you mean by "regulate your consumption", but if you've taken them daily for over a year, you've got a dope habit whether you know it or not. Dope is an insidious thing; I've seen people start a habit by sneezing and sniffling. That's all. They had absolutely no clue that heroin withdrawal could manifest in such lightweight and easily overworked ways. They would use again and their sniffles would disappear. It wasn't like they went into withdrawal by clutching their guts and writhing in agony on a bed. It was unbelievably subtle and gentle, something you hardly even notice. Then later, after it was altogether too late, THEN they would start puking and feeling horribly ill when they didn't have dope. Codeine won't manifest in such a brutal way, but you definitely don't want to be fucking with it as long as you have. Honestly, you should be scared, and you should use that fear to find a doctor to help wean you off that shit. I hope you take these words to heart, man.
>>
Google "anxiaty cube"
>>
>>17942571
As someone who suffers from my own forms of mental illness, i can say "not being a bitch" is one of the only cures thats not a pill.
>>
>>17942839
Thanks, I'm systematically experimenting with large quaties of St. John's Wort powder at the moment. It's too early to tell what it's doing, though.
>>
>>17942867

As somebody who is totally a bitch, I rely on herbal crutches.
First try eating hemp seeds with everything, it usually helps, because of those omega 3 fatty acids. (salmon is a meme lie it's fed corn with dyes nowadays)

If it doesn't work, then it assists in the next herbal treatment, either ashwaganda or like rhodiola would be good ones for retty bad anxiety, I've used both but because I'm not a fatass like my former neet boyfriend ashwaganda hurt my stomach. If you are fat, take ashwagandha it'll help, research it.
>>
>>17942867
I absolutely agree, I have pretty bad anxiety issues (used to have multiple panic attacks on a daily basis) and the cure that worked best for me was to identify sources of anxiety so I could quit avoiding them.

Basically, stop being a bitch and get up close with your fears. It will suck and it will hurt and you'll panic, but it will pass and you will realize you're still alive and your life is not ruined.
>>
File: bitchy.jpg (2KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
bitchy.jpg
2KB, 125x70px
>>17942839
It works like shit if you eat like shit.

>>17943618
Powder is WRONG DAMMIT.
You need to make an oil extract or a tincture.
If it doesn't end up red you might not even have it.

It's also dangerous and stupid to "experiment" with an ssri herb. This is coming from a girl who drank datura for fun, NO. Bad anon.

St. johns wort is good to use if you have a prior history and Success with ssri's.

THERE ARE TONS MORE HERBS THAT ARE SAFER AND MORE EFFECTIVE.

Rhodiola helps but it's bad for schizo-families
Ashwaganda helps but not for underfed peeps.
Tumeric and black pepper has saved me from suicide.
Vitamin b6 is used in the production of those "normie brain" hormones, depressed fuck who likes to chug energy drinks, go supplement that.

Go get sunlight when applicable. Eat hemp seeds and flax seeds or chia seeds if you are less of a faggot. Like a lot of them. Often.

Fats are imbalanced as fuck these days.
Omega six is supposed to be in a 3:1 ration with the 3's but we have it 20:1 bad to good fat here in america.

It makes us fat, grumpy and suicidal.
We used to eat grass fed meat and algae fed fish, but now it's corn all the way down.
>>
File: latest.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>17942530
playing video games...
>>
>>17942835
How is it a myth?

Anxiety stems from fear and fear stems from primal self preservation. There's literally.no need to be anxious other than maybe being impatient or excited.
>>
>>17942530
There is no "cure" to anxiety fuckhead, only management.
>>
>>17944330

>Anxiety stems from fear and fear stems from primal self preservation

I think you're missing the bigger picture here. Anxiety disorders are primarily chemically based. Meditation and mindfulness is helpful when coupled with several other treatments but to suggest that "anxiety is all in your head" is just scientifically disingenuous.

That follows in the same line of thinking 30 or 40 years ago when clinically depressed people were told to just "cheer up". Yes, mindfulness and learning to break negative cognitive patterns is important but no amount of self will can alter chemical imbalances in your brain if that is indeed what is happening.
>>
>>17944586
"es, mindfulness and learning to break negative cognitive patterns is important but no amount of self will can alter chemical imbalances in your brain if that is indeed what is happening." <- True.

I personally enjoy breathing techniques to ground myself in order to reframe my thoughts into something more positive when I'm mindful and start feeling really physically upset.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.