[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold approach on college campus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: hotheadsleave.jpg (18KB, 240x266px) Image search: [Google]
hotheadsleave.jpg
18KB, 240x266px
I'm a decent-looking single guy at a large public uni, one that has a reputation for being something of a party school. I don't live on campus, no clubs start for another 3 weeks (and I'm not sure which ones I'd join anyway), and I don't like parties in addition to only occasionally figuring out about the existence of some. I also do not want to do online dating on okcupid or tinder or whatever (at least not as a first resort) since that just seems wrong.

In these circumstances, is my best bet to just cold approach girls around campus and strike up a conversation that ends in me asking for their numbers? For example, today I talked to three girls on campus at separate points in the day, once out of the blue and twice with a pretext (asking for directions). These conversations each went on for a few minutes about random shit like their majors or why they came to this uni from [X] until they ended. Should I have made an attempt to ask for their numbers during these, or is that just autistic? Note that I don't particularly care if I get rejected 90% of the time as long as there's still that 10%.

If so, what is the best way to do this? A general idea of what to say, at what location is this most likely to work instead of just bugging them, what's the best to tell immediately if I'm just wasting my time, etc. would be extremely helpful advice.

If not, what should I be doing instead if I want to find a date at a uni I don't live at? Just wait for clubs to start and try to find one there?
>>
File: 1483710163188.jpg (50KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1483710163188.jpg
50KB, 500x486px
One-time bump.
>>
Why don't you just talk to people in your classes or tutorials? Or, you know, meet them through your friends.
>>
>>17942013
>Why don't you just talk to people in your classes or tutorials?

I haven't really had the opportunity. Do you mean talk to them before/after class? Besides, full classes don't start for a couple weeks anyway.

> Or, you know, meet them through your friends.

I have no friends on campus right now.
>>
>>17942048
>No friends
Stop what youre doing and get friends. You need to have people who you can trust on campus (unless you have friends where you are living right now), so that you dont seem like a loner and get too attached to her.
>>
>>17942048
>Do you mean talk to them before/after class?
Well yeah, I didn't mean during class, that'd just make you an asshole

>I have no friends on campus right now.
You don't have friends, you have friends but they're just not there right now or you have friends but they don't go to your uni?
>>
>>17942143
>Stop what youre doing and get friends. You need to have people who you can trust on campus (unless you have friends where you are living right now),

I do. I'm planning on getting some on campus later as well, but that's going to take a while. I'm also not planning on getting too attached to a girl- right now I literally just want to know the first place to start.

>>17942147
>Well yeah, I didn't mean during class, that'd just make you an asshole

What if there are just none there before/after class? It's not a huge time period, surely there is a surer way to go about this.

>You don't have friends, you have friends but they're just not there right now or you have friends but they don't go to your uni?

I have friends that don't go to my uni.
>>
>>17942189
>What if there are just none there before/after class? It's not a huge time period, surely there is a surer way to go about this.
When you're waiting around outside before class starts, strike up a conversation. Say something about a test or assignment, about the professor, or about the class in general. We can't walk you through this

Otherwise wait to join a club or something
>>
>>17942198
Alright so:

>before/after class
>in a club

Is it acceptable to proposition a girl anywhere else? Also after how long is it generally considered acceptable to do so.
>>
>>17942216
>We can't walk you through this
>>
>>17942224
Right, sorry, just want to know the basics. I have literally no experience in this regard, I've only had two GFs and both were introduced through friends.
>>
>>17941737

college is the time of life where you can experiment. forget literally everything you know about socializing. just be direct and be honest about who you are and what you want.
>>
>>17942265
So, literally, after a few minutes of conversation, ask "you want to go out?" or something along those lines? That level of direct?
>>
>>17942269

"you want to go out?" is a stupid question. you dont ask someone out by literally asking them to "go out" with you. you just make plans. to eat, to study, to go out dancing, to watch netflix, doesnt matter what it is, just make plans.

usually you get a feel for interests firsts, and thats where small talk fits in.
>>
This thread triggered me. Haha.
>>
>>17942281
Noted. Will avoid that phrase, thanks.

>>17942282
Why?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.