[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat and Depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: fatAndDepressed.jpg (52KB, 901x675px) Image search: [Google]
fatAndDepressed.jpg
52KB, 901x675px
I'm on psych meds for Bipolar and OCD

I go to the gym literally every day and eat healthy

I can't lose weight because of the metabolic slow down from the meds

I can't go through a single day without becoming incapacitated by my depression

The meds make me slow and I feel stupid on them

I'm stuck living with my mom and she's a hoarder

I'm 24 and don't feel like I'll amount to anything because I have a set back every day it feels like

I want to get off these damn meds and live a full life outside of this nasty house
>>
Get off the meds asap
>>
File: 13b.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13b.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>17941305

How :(

I've been jerked around and switched my meds so many times. I getting taken off Risperdone, I just did a taper from 0.5 MG to 0.25 MG and it was probably the hardest 2 weeks of my life. I still feel the brain zaps and my head gets rattled in a second flat when I hit the gym.

I told my psychologist that it's what I'd imagine going through chemo feels like. It's painful

Now I'm on 3 MG rexulti, which treats major depression and schizophrenia but I'm not schizophrenic, I'm Bi-FUCKING-Polar

I hate this
>>
File: me irl.jpg (73KB, 750x719px) Image search: [Google]
me irl.jpg
73KB, 750x719px
Probably picked the wrong title. I might be whining a bit but I am so fucking demoralized and discouraged right now with my situation

I'm smart I want to be an engineer, but every day my damn Mood comes along and fucks my shit up

Pic related is how I feel 75% of my life
>>
>>17941302
Lots of sunlight, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, nuts, and fruits. Make a bowl with your hands if your plate has more food than this measurement you will not lose weight good metabolism or not. Jumping jacks and jump rope are unsung heroes for cardio. No more soda, no more snacks.
>>
>>17941302
You can be on the most insane med around, but they will not allow you to break the law of thermodynamics. Find out your current avg energy intake, now go below that avg and stick to it. By the laws of physics you WILL lose weight. Be it muscle, fat or what have you.
>>
File: JFMSU.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JFMSU.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17941363

Thanks made me feel better because I like math and physics as a layman, but one day I'd like to be a professional.

>>17941350

Thanks, I'll cut more calories. I can run for an hour at a time, I don't snack or drink soda.

My biggest problem is reoccurring depression and anxiety episodes

Pic related is a collage of how I feel rn
>>
>>17941382
Depending on how overweight you are I would not reccomend running, as it is terrible on your joins especially if your body is not conditioned to it, switch to cycle or elliptical and keep the cardiovascular up every day. The stronger you make your heart the longer you'll live. Diet is literally 80% of weight loss, and def the hardest part.
>>
Get your thyroid checked regulary. My bi polar med helped me gain 60lbs in a few months. test showed the meds gave me a thyroid issue but took time to show. Got on thyroid medicine, cut bipolar meds, changed my environment, started working out and got happy. Goodluck.
>>
>>17941302
OP, I feel ya. As someone who suffers from similar problems I would like to know the answer to this too. I'm really at my wits end and I want to do ECT because I can't function without meds, and also can't take the side effects. Some people here may suggest going off your meds, and tell your that you can get better though willpower and healthy life choices. I don't know, I think healthy people can't really appreciate the strong grip a chemical imbalance can have on your psychology.
>>
I fucking hate Western medicine.so quick to prescribe a pill then 3 years down the line, 'oops you didn't have that'
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.