[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: RandomImage.png (3KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
RandomImage.png
3KB, 400x291px
Hi /adv/, long time lurker here. Prepare for a long post, it will be appreciated if you read all of it, if not, I'll give a tl; dr anyway.

I am coming from an eastern European shithole and I am currently a student in the UK. My family is dirt poor, even by my country's standards and my childhood was miserable (single mom and all that jazz) but somehow I managed to get some loans from my home country to come to study in the UK.

I am in my final year now and I am a first class student. I had to work my ass off throughout my degree to be able to pay back the loan. Thing is, my parents are getting really old and ill, and I need to support them financially (I already give them most of my shitty job salary). Not only that, I will need to take them in the UK (fucking immigrants stealing our housing, I know), because they struggle to achieve simple tasks like going to the supermarket. One of them is retired, the other one is unemployed with no prospects of employment (shit country with shit social care). As you can imagine, I have absolutely no social life and depression has been my best friend for some years now.

Now I am going into research with shit hours and shit pay (but science is literally the only thing that keeps me going), my parents are getting older and may die soon and I have to support them both physically and financially, which is going to be extremely difficult, I have absolutely no social life (22 khv, never go out), poor mental health, and I am thoroughly unhappy with life, yet I see no way out.

So yeah /adv/, how do I make sure I don't kill myself at the age of like 30 or 40, 1 day after my mom passes away?

tl;dr - read last 2 paragraphs
>>
Please go and die bk in ur on crappy country....this island is ours big mac

We have barely any cemetry space left as it is

Byeeeee

Missing you already......
>>
this will be hard as fuck. it will get show you your boundaries.
but in the end, it will be worth it. you will have acomplished something you can be proud of.
you made something out of nothing simply with determination and discipline.
you helped your family and have been very generouse and selfless.
you have achieved a lot and in hindsight it will only have bewn a short and intense phase that you got trough without serious harm.
make priorities. those are family and study right now. there will be times where you can focus on the social parts more again. you will be behind peers your age in those matters. but mever forget that you will have a HUGE FUCKTON of advantages over them in other aspects that will proove to get you very far and make you an awesome human being. suffering and struggling is what makes you mature very fast. it will catapult you ahead of your peers in no time. just don't let it drag you down. instead of comparing yourself to people from upper middle class in a 1. world country, focus on what you have accomplished so far. don't look left snd right. look back, be proud and then look ahead and do what will make dou proud to look back in a few years.

for the records, i'm already proud of you now
>>
>>17940590
Thank you very much kind anon, that really helped me out! I do realise the things you're saying are true but sometimes I can't help but feel trapped, since I've always been behind my peers in a social aspect. Professionally I excel, but deep inside I am unhappy. I should not compare myself to the rich kids though, you are damn right about that.
>>
>>17940643
i know. you always will. it's human. don't beat yourself up if ypu end up comparing yourself in your low moments.
i am in a bit of a similar situation. nowwhere as dramatic but i still have no chance to ever catch up with my pears who had a more helpfull upbinging.
i think about it like winning in the lottery. everybody plays but not everybody can win. that's not the end of the world. it sucks. and it sucks to see the winners have all that awesome stuff like parents who can pay for your education and let you life in their home for free and give you food so you can focus on study and social life and become a balanced and well rounded adult. but i know those people sometimes end up being entitled and not capable to endure any rpugh patches in life. this will bit them in the ass when they encounter difficulties some day. and if it is only having to deal with a baby that needs attention 24/7. they haven't learnt to be tough and carry on trpugh tmdifficulties. the slightest inconvenience completely fucks them over. that's what people who had a less than ideal start in life have that they don't. and the pride in what they have achieved. lots of kids who had it easy have very low selfesteem because they never had to aconplish something with sheer willpower before.
>>
>>17940565
Let me guess you're from Poland?
>>
>>17940680
Thanks again anon! Stay strong too! Better days are yet to come, I hope :)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.