[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend is in japan studying three months, a life dream of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-01-09-14-26-12--31591627.jpg (17KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-09-14-26-12--31591627.jpg
17KB, 281x180px
Girlfriend is in japan studying three months, a life dream of mine, how do I superate the jealousy killing me?

Even searching this pic felt painful

>Weeb
>>
>>17940229
Go to Thailand to make her jealous.
>>
>>17940229
Why aren't you in Japan?
What holds you back from going to Japan?
>>
I've been in Japan for the last month and let me tell you your jealousy is perfectly justified, it's totally awesome here.

On the other hand, mobile data rates are hot garbage. Japan has really fallen behind on cellphones in both hardware and service. Sad!
>>
Thanks no thanks but seriously though I really wish I could go
>>
>>17940238
Money,im poor
>>
If it fascinates you so much you should travel there. A 2week+ vacation. It's pretty expensive, but it's well-invested money for any weeb. It is an almost surreal experience, as there will be a huge culture shock if you're a westerner. But it will also make you realize that it's not all sunshine and flowers. Quite the opposite, really. I mean, yeah, a trip there can be a lot of fun, but living there for a long time is soul-crushing (unless you're filthy rich).

Trust me, it's nowhere as great as cartoons make it out to be. In fact, the reason why they create and consume so much idealistic fantasy is because their reality sucks. Just look at their suicide rates. At the end of the day I'll take living in a "developing" eastern european country any day over living in Japan.
>>
>>17940236
I live in a third world country, I would like a taste of a foreign feeling metropolis, also dont like the country
>>
>>17940229
should have just gone with her, anon
>>
>>17940258
Yea thank you,im aware is not sunshine and flowers, but it still is a serious fascination of mine
>>
>>17940269
Her mom is paying, she just finished high school
>>
>>17940258
This. Japan was hands down the most expensive place I've ever visited, and I've traveled extensively. I honestly wouldn't even recommend vacationing there unless you're prepared to spend at least $200-300 a day, and that's after the upfront expenses like a rail pass, plane ticket, hotel room.
>>
>>17940305
Yes is sad unfortunately but she is like in program of my country with Japan so al cost are rounded up but still is a ton of money,i Know her mother is paying 12,000 total including plane tickets and that's totally out of my league
>>
>>17940269
Also funnily going together first time was part of the dream, immature I know but we are both weebs
>>
>>17940229
There's nothing you can do about it now. Focus on something like learning better Japanese to someday go to Japan, or otherwise plotting out how to make enough money someday to take a similar vacation there.

I'm working on both at the moment. I'm N3 and looking at how to live and work there permanently if the visit goes well. I superated the angst of being a social loser here in the US to get this far.
>>
>>17940267
Would you recommend your country as a tourist destination for a white American male? What sorts of features should I look for to know that the girls there are attracted to foreign men?
>>
>>17940246
Here's your (You)
>>
>>17940318
Damn, that's expensive. I heard that you can go to school to learn Japanese for two years there for $13,000. Unless you didn't pay in American dollars.
>>
>>17940697
Yes American dollars and really?
>>
>>17940429
>>17940429
>>>17940229 (OP) (You)
>plotting out how to make enough money someday to take a similar vacation there.
Will do that and at the same time begin to think on university and future life,hopefully with her
thanks
>>
Oh yes I also have a rich living in Japan uncle, he always expressed interest on our family here, so far as to him and her wife offer to pay one year of school to my sister, already would be good to talk him because he works for Nvidia and technology is my stuff but I think it would be more beneficial than ever to contact him
>>
Lived in Tokyo for a year, was in an exchange program with Waseda University. was tight as shit desu my man
>>
>>17941397
Waseda does have the highest rates of foreigners of any university in Japan.
>>
Oh yes one more thing how you all think i should handle my feelings while not fucking our relationship more?
>>
>>17941799
If you're uncomfortable with her seeing other men at all, you need to video chat with her at least once a day for the long-distance relationship to not fall through.
>>
>>17940305
Cmon pegs, it's not that bad, let's not exaggerate. I'm living ~20 minutes south of Tokyo by train and it only costs me around $40 -$50 a day ($17 for my room with airbnb and about $20 for food and like $6-8 for trains). Granted, it's the bare minimum but I'm only here temporarily and I'm not buying a bunch of weeaboo garbage.
>>
>>17940866
You can cheaply study something like Judo for a few years (or indefinitely) on a cultural visa for even less.
>>
>>17942043
Thats unfortunately not feasible due to extremely different hours (14 of difference) and the fact that she is occupied more of my time awoke,though I will sleep late somedays to try
>>
Fuck I'm dumb I mean enviousness not jealousy but you all get the point
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.