[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else fell for the marraige meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (841KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
841KB, 1136x640px
It's nobodies fault but mine. Whole life I thought the point was to marry the girl, have the kids, white picket fence.
Married six years to beautiful sweetheart, second child born few months ago, have the dream house and making good money.
And everyday I wish I could go back in time and undo it. I was happiest single, poor in my single bedroom apartment working just to get buy. Life had promise, it was exciting because I was a dreamer and the possibilities were endless. No one told me what to do, I was free.
I fucking die everyday I wake up and see that it's all a lie, I just want to be happy and alone again. I swear to God I just want to be alone where no one talks to me no one bothers me no one controls me goddamn it what do I do.
>>
Hello, future me.
Some mistakes just have to be made desu senpai.
>>
>>17940042
Maybe talk to your fucking wife
>>
>>17940042
May I refer you to the delightful community of MGTOW?
>>
And when you were single and poor you were dreaming about having the life you have now.

The grass is always greener on the other side.
>>
>>17940093
"yes anon, do the manly thing and abandon your fucking kids and wife because you're a restless faggot with wanderlust"

Great advice anon.

OP my advice is doing some soul searching about -why- you miss being alone and then see how to reconcile it with what you have, as well as putting some effort into appreciating what you have.

t. Marriedfag who went through the same thing

What worked best for me was getting a job that involves travel.
>>
What is MGTOW?
I'm not looking to leave or cheat. Yes the grass is always greener true that. A job with travel definately seems like the way to go. in terms of soul searching I really just charge my batteries when I'm alone introvert and get drained Around others. Not gong to abandon the senpai but need a way to be alone that is excusable.
>>
>>17940042

This right here is why I don't want to get married. Even a marriage that's going well sounds super restrictive.
>>
>>17940117
>my advice is doing some soul searching about -why- you miss being alone and then see how to reconcile it with what you have, as well as putting some effort into appreciating what you have.
Thiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss +1

If you want more advice, mine is, I shit you not, take a weekend off with a buddy you trust, get out of town, and do a bunch of mushrooms. It strips away your ego and allows you to really look honestly at your life and yourself. It'll really let you pinpoint what's missing from your life.
>>
>>17940139
i'm a bit the same, only engaged though, but i'm an intorvert and need a lot of time alone to recharge.
what i noticed is that being with people is so draining and exhausting to me because i always put on some kind of an act. i feel like i can only be my true self if no one is around. THAT's why i'm antisocial. i just have a very low selfesteem and thus think it is necessary to not let my true self slip out too much in company.
ofc being with my fiance is less draining than, let's say, an afternoon with my mother-in-law. but it is still draining to some extend. i also notice that it isn't draining if i feel like we are having a good flow of intimacy and i feel at ease and comfortable with letting my guard down around him.

maybe you are experiencing something similar...
>>
>>17940042
Oh god that sounds bad.. Good Luck tho
>>
>>17940042
just force your kids and wife to live the life of instability that you wish to return to with u
>>
>>17940098
Because they use bullshit as fertilizer.
>>
You are lying to yourself. Or more like, your memories are.

Time has this effect to make us view things differently. This happens to everyone. Take me as an example. I've lived in several different countries and cities and I often look back and think "oh I was so happy back then living there! great times." And I go back to the evenings when I went to walk the sun set behind the ocean 200 meters from the place I lived. That's mainly what I remember, but what I don't remember (unless I remind myself) is that there were also very dark and miserable times where I thought about just walking into that very same ocean and never come back. Of course I wasn't really serious with that thought, but the point is that it wasn't all that great. Life is always full of ups and down, yet luckily our brain kinda filters out the bad.

So the chances are that your memories are just fooling you. Your past life now seems different and exotic to you, since you are so used to your everyday routines and environment.

But the thing is that life is mostly quite boring. It's not all rainbows and sunshines but hard work, getting by day after another and taking care of ourselves and in your case also other little ones.

You can't go back in time, and I promise you this, even if you could, you would find yourself having those very same thoughts you have right now. We always want what we can't have and don't know how to appreciate things we do have until we lose them.

What is the problem is not that you would have made a huge mistake. I'm sure you have enjoyed the process which got you into that situation you are right now. The problem is that somewhere along the way you lost yourself and stopped setting goals for yourself. Life is pointless without clear goals and direction.
>>
>>17940042
>thought whole point of life was the stereotypical American lifestyle, wanted it from day one
>calls himself a dreamer as a youth
>>
>>17942060
This anon I think speaks a lot of truth. The old addage of "rose tinted glasses" really holds a lot of truth in regards to ones past. I suggest that you find something that you can do that allows you to in your words "recharge". Maybe you need a job that does have more travel so you can just get out of the house. Maybe you need a hobby like wood working, painting, drawing ect. that you can just go be in a room by yourself for an hour or two every day. During the summer months go back packing by yourself or with just one friend a few times, a few days in the wild disconnected from the world I feel does wonders.
>>
>>17940042

get some professional counseling STAT

your 2nd child made you realize that surprise you are getting older and will soon die

that is what is freaking you out, looking at your little kids, watching them grow up and watching yourself get old, cripes wait until you get into your late 40s 50s and health problems start piling on

pro tip - grow up

if you had stayed single you'd be in whining about how do i meet girls i'm so lonely yada yada yada
>>
>>17940042
You have it made. The grass seems greener but you have everything. Get therapy.
>>
>>17940042
The grass is always greener. It doesn't matter what you do you'll wish you were doing or being something else. That's just part of life.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.