[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curing myself of /pol/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
I've been hanging around 4chan for a couple years ever since getting a job that let me work from home. I started hanging around /pol/, just because I needed another board to check.

Now I catch myself thinking racial epithet when I pass people on the street, find myself giving in to conspiracy theories, even starting to hate myself more and more for my own 'degeneracy.'

I miss feeling like a good person, with a positive outlook and willingness to understand other people, regardless of their background.

How do I break myself from /pol/'s brainwashing?
>>
>>17940038
>calling red pill brainwashing
But yes, you could return to being dumb. Just start donating to local black center or something.
>>
>>17940056

That's exactly it. If they need help, why not donate? These are human being, just like us, with their own struggles.
>>
>>17940038
>Brainwashing
Seeing things for how they really are isn't brainwashing. It sounds like you can't handle reality and should just kill yourself.
>>
>>17940091
>>17940056
these
>>
File: 1471147066767.png (60KB, 899x725px) Image search: [Google]
1471147066767.png
60KB, 899x725px
>>17940077
>These are human being, just like us
Good goy. Ignore the fact that they are responsible for a huge majority of America's crime despite being a minority of the population. They're just like you goyim!
>>
>>17940038
You can have a willingness to understand others while still being aware of trends, Anon. If anything, dealing with /pol/ just makes you more cautious, not more destructive.

Thinking slurs and shit when you pass people on the street is pretty funny, actually. Nothing wrong with questioning narratives.
>>
>>17940056
Your happiness was the brainwashing desu.

We live in a world wracked with war, poverty, industrial-scale child abuse, suffering,famine,hate and every flavor of hopelessness.

Don't go running back to the matrix like a Pussy. Now that and only because you see the world for what it really is do you have any hope of changing it for the better.

You were selfish before and now you care.
>>
Just do you buddy there is no real hope real hope for /pol/turds anyway so the only thing you should do is try not to hurt anybody and live life.

As long as you don't hurt anybody it'll be fine. Nobody actually takes damage from your thoughts so think whatever you want to think
>>
>>17940038
https://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot
>>
It's not natural to feel happy all the time. You just realized that the world isn't as blissful as you once thought.

Buy a gun, do push-ups, get a good haircut, wear fitting clothes, improve yourself.
>>
File: pray_the_gay_away.png (653KB, 1197x672px) Image search: [Google]
pray_the_gay_away.png
653KB, 1197x672px
>>17940038
It always blows my mind that people take all that seriously. You know it's a joke, right? Yeah there's some truth in almost everything they say, but it isn't the be all end all.

Except for the Chinese. The Chinese are subhuman and must be eradicated.
>>
>>17940038
/Pol/ is a containment board. Don't go on there
>>
>>17940321
Or he should stay there as containment
>>
>>17940038
You can't throw up the red pill. Why are you feeling bad. Just because you think differently from everyone else?
>>
>>17940321
>>17940412
I bet you fags voted for Hillary didn't you?
>>
>>17940225
This. Fucking chinks cook dogs alive. If I could go back in time I would show Hitler some of those videos. He would get so triggered since he loves animals that they would go to the gas chamber.
>>
>>17940787
This. Haven't you seen the Matrix? There is no going back
>>
>>17940038
Join us at leftypol senpai
>>
Watch Magi the Labyrinth of Magic and realize /pol/ is the dark magi. Give into love.
>>
>>17940788
Easy there triggered manbaby I didn't vote for shit.

You're just vile people I don't like for various reasons, I don't care much for politics nor do I believe in altruism but you guys still manage to disgust me so good job on that.

Stay in your playpen now nobody cares about your orangutan and the Russian manlet you idolise like a teen girl does boy bands.
>>
File: 1460768543551.jpg (51KB, 381x455px) Image search: [Google]
1460768543551.jpg
51KB, 381x455px
>>17940860
U mad, cuckboi?
>>
>>17940870
Yes I am furious and my bottom is bleeding as you BTFO me with an unfitting image macro and overused meme phrases.

How could I possibly ever go against this intelligence and brilliance? Is there any chance for me to ever overcome this inferiority.

Go kill yourself please
>>
>>17940038
Just remember around blacks don't relax, or however that saying goes. It is a saying you know. So it's a thing.
>>
>>17940038
Being on /pol/ made me go even more left in my beliefs. Truth is, it only revealed your subconsciousness to you. Don't blame outside sources for being a shitty person
>>
>>17940038
Read some philosophy and clear yourself of confirmation bias. Once youve cleared your thought patterns of intellectual mistakes, you'll be dumping that shit fast.

The problem with /pol/ tards is that they desperately WANT to believe something. You still have some of that, you have a superiority complex based on thinking you hold some truth that other people don't.

Truth is, you need to filter out all the garbage. If you allow, for example, SJW's to make you even more cemented into your /pol/-beliefs then that(attitude polarization) is proof that you are not truly interested in what is really true.

If its easy to predict what your stance on one thing will be based on your opinion on two-three other things, then you are probably not a thinking individual, but just some sort of joinee of a movement. /pol/-people are just as delusional as SJWs, and the two are almost indistinguishable from eachother from the outside when it comes to their immunity to reason and contempt towards facts that challenge their world view. /pol/-people mock SJWs for their emotional response to cold facts when they are, in fact, just as emotionally driven themselves.

I'd recommend some Bertrand Russell, Albert Camus, Kafka or maybe Charles S. Peirce.

>>17940146
>there is no real hope real hope for /pol/turds
Nah. Anyone can learn how to think.

If hes 50 and /pol/, thats sad. If hes in his 20s or maybe even 30s or 40s its curable.
>>
>>17940881
Confirmation bias is not subconsciousness, its a faulty thought pattern, a filter problems.

All these things exist in the conscious mind, and you can learn it the same way you can learn calculus or how to ride a bike.
>>
>>17940894
Confirmation bias reveals to you your subconscious beliefs. The only reason OP fell for /pol/'s retarded arguments is because he was already a /pol/tard at heart and that subconscious agreement made him apply confirmation bias to the "evidence" they present untill he was convinced in the garbage /pol/ was selling him.
>>
>>17940906
Subconscious is not the right word here.

His opinions are not dwelling deep inside his psyche.
>>
>>17940887
No there is no hope for /pol/turds and for SJW, people who have thrown out all self criticism and cannot phrase an original and/or objective thought and cannot accept being in the wrong and digging themselves into the dirt deeper.

You are able to think objectively and accept being wrong I assume, you will listen to objective reasoning and care less about ''winning'' an argument than actually finding truth. I'm just making assumptions but I think like that.

The majority of people don't hold those views and society in general will never accept that and make actual progress because everyone is too busy campaigning for their own cause.

You're wasting your time and your energy, if you're a new fag this is what being a ''robot'' used to be about but you can see for yourself what is going on at /r9k/. If you actually waste your time trying to change people you'll end up burned out, just accept the course of humanity and take your place as an observer.

People want to feel good about themselves and will abandon reason and objectivity to get to that safe space that makes them feel cozy, feelings will always win over anything and humanity will never change.
>>
>>17940941
I gladly accept the recommendation. I dont write this stuff to people all the time, but I do like to try to help on occasion, if not for their sake but for me to know that I actually tried.

I don't quite share your pessimism on people, but considering the bad shape people on 4chan often are in, I can see where you are coming from. In general perhaps people are far too prone to intellectual dishonesty, but there are always people who can be saved, I know/know of several.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.