[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: running.jpg (82KB, 740x357px) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
82KB, 740x357px
So in the hopes of joining the military soon, I've decided to start running to build up my fitness. I can barely run for more than 2-3 minutes before becoming short of breath and needing to slow down. Anyone have any tips on how to help improve?
>>
Just thought I'd add that I've spent the past few years as a recluse doing nothing more than playing videogames. I'm trying to turn my life around and make something of myself, and the military is the best option for me as it offers everything I need to do so.
>>
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Here you go. Couch to 5K.
>>
>>17939196

Pace yourself. Start slower and keep going longer after you feel like stopping. Walk for a bit, do the same again. The ideal starting pace for running is so that you could still talk without a problem while running. Music also helps: pick a song that matches your ideal pace and lasts a certain time and then make the decision to run through that song without stopping. It gives you a rhythm to keep up and the music distracts you from how difficult it starts to feel. Building stamina is a process and won't happen over night, same with speed. Set reasonable goals for yourself and don't over do it. That how you just get injuries and have to quit. If you're in bad shape right now, running maybe twice a week is the place to start and increase the amount over period of months. Your body takes some time to get used to the change. If you want to get in shape faster, include a different sport to your regime. For example swimming is good, because it's easier on joints than running, but takes more strength and activates all muscles. Do them on alternate days and take recovery days when you feel the need.
>>
Just run for 3 minutes and walk for half or a third of that five or six times.
Increase the time you run by a minute or two every week, modify walking to one to two minutes as most as you get used to it.
Running doesn't get any easier, you just get used to the running pains and shortness of breath.
>>
Runner here.

check these off as you learn about them.

*optimal running posture for reducing impact
*pacing
*mid-foot strike
*hydration
*amount of exercise before running
*amount of time resting after a meal before a run
*lung capacity expansion via stomach expanding technique
*activating your stomach
*shortening impact time
*breathing through both the mouth and nose
>>
File: Shin-pain-exercises-image.jpg (47KB, 520x693px) Image search: [Google]
Shin-pain-exercises-image.jpg
47KB, 520x693px
>>17939800
>>
>>17939196
>barely run for more than 2-3 minutes
define "run", jogging, sprinting, fast walking...?
Because if you are that out of shape that normal running speed is too much for you after 3min you might have some heart or lung problems, might get yourself checked before making plans about going GI Joe.
>>
>>17939196

just run, jesus, does this need a thread?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.