[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ctvZUR.jpg (313KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ctvZUR.jpg
313KB, 1680x1050px
So I'm a security guard and I make like 10 bucks an hour. Easiest job in the world, literally watch Youtube all night. There's another job opportunity in the same area of town that pays like $15 an hour but it's actual work. What do I do? The security position is a pretty secure job as well so I don't foresee any layoff in the near future. Been here for nearly 2 years now.
>>
>>17938943

what do you mean "actual work"?
>>
File: VTfkKb.jpg (795KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VTfkKb.jpg
795KB, 1920x1080px
>>17938949
Like physical labor type stuff. Warehouse stuff I guess.
>>
>>17938949
like having to do shit instead of just bumming around doing whatever you want.
>>
As a overnight security guard making a couple bucks more then you I know that feel. My job is secure as well but there is no room to advance. However i dont do any real work. Any other job in the area that pays the same is more work. I say it depends on if there is room to advance at the other job. If so go for it. Dont be like me this is my fifth year doing this and i feel like ill never get out.
>>
>>17938943
the money is tempting but at the same time its not easy finding jobs where you essentially sit around and do nothing.

>used to be a valet
>job was dope
>just sit around for most of the shift
>only move a car like once every 2 hours
>>
>>17938963
you get it, i was about to go into detail about how they dont let anyone advance. not a single raise in 2 years
>>
>>17938949
>>17938963
>>17938966
>>17938961
also, i get decent benefits. dont know how big a factor that is. but the warehouse gives overtime out the ass and my paycheck would essentially double... 320/wk to 500-600 depending
>>
>>17938972
If you get paid to do nothing, especially if you get paid practically minimum wage to do nothing, you can double or more your income by creating another revenue stream that you can work on at once.

Jobs that pay you to do nothing are godsends and are only dead end jobs if you decide to do nothing with your free time.

Dont think of it was 10/hour to watch youtube. Think of it as 10/hour to do art, create, or work remotely. You're your own advancement.

You're selling yourself short if you just want to warehouse and do overtime.
>>
>>17939168
this

having an actual job, but I'm actually looking for a new job similar to OP's
>>
>>17939187
also keep it in mind that jobs like these are for people who actually have "more important" things to do, and mostly do not have a family on their own

for example, if you're an artist that still needs some money to live on their own, this job is perfect for you

however, if you want to do a company, a more-paying job is more beneficial, since you literally "stall" for a few years in that kind of place (but prepare that you won't have any free time), but you will have the money to do something in the future.
>>
how do i get a job like ops
i feel like they wouldn't hire a scrawby 20 yr old to be a security guard
>>
I want to get a lazy job like that, where should I start and do I need experience?
>>
>>17938943
Use those hours during duty to find another goal.
You could work towards something you want while getting paid.
Aaronclarey on youtube, check some of his videos you might find something interesting.
>>
>>17938943
Fix the feeling of not doing actual work with studying shit instead of Youtube (well you can use youtube for much of that). Study and work on other things instead of sinking hours. That might make it more fulfilling and you could probably do something with it and make some money.
>>
Scrawny 6'0 139lbs here

I did security just like yours for about two years. $10 an hour, but abou 40 hours a week. I did absolutely fucking nothing. I would order delivery food and watch Netflix. I even would bring my guitar or skateboard to fuck around while at work overnight.

I became depressed, lazy, and generally a shitbag from doing nothing all day. I didn't take care of myself, because I had nothing to look forward to.

Get out, and get better.
>>
>>17938943
How long have you been doing that?
As an ex-security guard I have to say I wouldn't ever do that fucking job again.
After a while, doing nothing becomes the most painful thing in the world.
I'm a night audit now, much better. Might interest you.
>>
>>17938943
>>17938963

I feel it.

I do Armed Security too making $25.85/hr.

You just need to use all the down time to brainstorm. I just figured out my path s few months ago
>>
is the Class D Security License a must to get a security job?
>>
>>17939940

If you're in the US, it entirely depends on each State's laws
>>
>>17938967
>>17938966
>>17938943
I hear you.
>Work at a college computer lab.
>Don't have to do anything unless student needs help or computer breaks
>Annual raises
>Does not pay enough for single apartment
>Benefits are great
>No hope of advancement
>IT culture sucks
>Work is mental - work with people, foe an introvert that is exhausting
>Come home wiped as if I did physical labor all day when it's busy
I hate working, but I'm afraid my next job will make me actually work, but I need more money. My living situation is untenable, and I'm too fucking drained to want to do anything on the side.

I work on professional and personal growth when it's slow, but it is taking an eternity for anything to come to fruition. And the professional growth stuff gets in the way of my personal growth tasks. Some days I'm too depressed to do anything more than show up.
>>
>>17940043

Bro, it will be good for you to actually do work. It's good for your mind. Too much of nothing isn't healthy. Makes you think too much.

I'm this guy>>17939903

My first year fucked me up mentally. But I made some changes and I'm on a good track now. You have to keep busy
>>
if a job where you get paid $10 an hour to do nothing is perfect to you then you're never going to amount to much in life
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.