[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to be flight attendant, but I have a tattoo on my hand.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

I have a runic symbol on my finger above my knuckle. It's pretty small and I could cover it up with makeup, and I love it, no regrets; but I was recently offered an interview with a major airline and was wondering if it's worth telling them that I have a tattoo. I don't want to be caught in a lie down the road, but this is a really good opportunity for me.
>>
>>17938401
If they don't ask, why would you tell?
>>
>>17938417
Well that's the thing, they usually do.
>>
Don't bring it up unless they ask. If they're likely to ask, I think you're just going to have to accept that you won't be able to be a flight attendant. Just because it's 2017 doesn't mean that all occupations allow tattoos, and that's really something you should have considered when you got it.
>>
>>17938401
Don't tell, OP. Beyond the hiring process/the heartless, faceless nightmare that is HR, literally nobody gives a shit. Not the pilots, not other flight attendants, not security at the airport, not the passengers, nobody. Fucking. Nobody. Cares. And since you will be wearing makeup I assume, if anybody asks just say it's a gnarly burn or something. Nobody's gonna force you to fucking clean it off and show them. Learn how to white lie, it's a good talent.

If you do tell, as an option wear some nice white gloves or something if they let you.
>>
>>17938495
>Beyond the hiring process/the heartless, faceless nightmare that is HR, literally nobody gives a shit.
Why do I get the feeling you don't know anything about being a flight attendant?
>>
>>17938502
Well actually you're right. Really educate me, I'm interested now. What makes it different from other lines of work?
>>
>>17938526
Depending on the airline you work for, you can be sent home for the tiniest thing if you turn up for work with the wrong uniform, missing a piece of your uniform, or if there's something otherwise wrong with your appearance. What you say might be true for more budget airlines, but quite a lot of them, especially the more reputable ones such as Emirates and Singapore Airlines, are very strict when it comes to dress codes and appearance of their staff.
>>
>>17938534
Whelp, that's absolutely crazy. I always hated anal people. Not the ones being analed on, but the ones who need everything to be perfect.
>>
>>17938590
Well thats how you run a respectable business. You have to look respectable.

Respectable people don't have tattoos, especially on their hands. Trash do.
>>
>>17938590

It's not crazy at all. It's the same reason you can't really work in a respectable management position in a lot of offices and have purple hair or a face full of metal.

It's just trashy.

>>17938655
this
>>
>>17938655
>>17938792
I wouldn't go so far as to say tattoos are trashy (at least not the ones that can easily be covered up), but flight attendants are basically the face of an airline. If you're the guy loading baggage onto the plane, they don't give a fuck, but if you're who people think of when they think of an airline, it's no wonder they want your appearance to be immaculate.
>>
>>17938803
>>17938792
>>17938655
>I want to have a public-facing high end service position
>I am not 100% squeaky-fucking-clean prim and proper
Pick one.
>>
File: Miles of Nat smiles.jpg (36KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Miles of Nat smiles.jpg
36KB, 800x533px
>>17938806
Were you born yesterday or something? I figured everyone who got a tattoo put a lot of thought into it and weighed the pros and cons of it, keeping employment in mind.
>>
>>17938815
>>17938803
tattoos are unambiguously trashy
>>
>>17938815
>Were you born yesterday or something? I figured everyone who got a tattoo put a lot of thought into it and weighed the pros and cons of it, keeping employment in mind.
Oh my sweet summer child.
>>
File: uggh.jpg (27KB, 448x461px) Image search: [Google]
uggh.jpg
27KB, 448x461px
>>17938830
I forget that autists have a hard time reading sarcasm.
>>
>>17938843
Text is awful at conveying it, smart one.
>>
File: really.jpg (124KB, 691x680px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
124KB, 691x680px
>>17938847
Seems like you're doing it pretty fine.

Besides didn't you read any books in high school. I guarantee you they were filled with sarcasm.
>>
What are gloves?
>>
A runic tattoo? Like a Slavic rune or what?
>>
File: braveheartbruce.jpg (232KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
braveheartbruce.jpg
232KB, 1920x816px
>>17938401
Interview. Cover the tattoo with makeup. Worry about it if you get the job.

>>17938823
> tattoos are unambiguously trashy
Half my HR department at work has tats. I work for a company that nets billions every year.

OP, good luck on your interview.
>>
>>17938401
>I don't want to be caught in a lie down the road

right airline jobs usually have "presentation requirements" which means dress code physical appearance

if you cover it up during interview then plan on doing that every time you work or you will be fired "for cause"
>>
>>17939617
it's an inguz.
>>
>>17939641
Thank you!
>>
op makeup
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.