[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tasukete, 4-chan!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: thats-sad-dude-3591492.png (24KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
thats-sad-dude-3591492.png
24KB, 500x300px
Ok, this might be a lot but I hope someone will read all of my whining and give me some advice. In August last year I quit my jobs. I had been working during the day at the public library and at night I worked in a us veterans retirement home. Between the two jobs I had typically been working 14 hours a day about 5 days a week. The library job I quit because I was denied a raise I had been explicitly promised during my hiring. The veterans home job I quit because I witnessed an incident of abuse, reported it and watched as the whole thing got covered up by the management who had a supposed "zero tolerance" policy towards elder abuse. the whole thing made me sick. I was feeling frustrated that I was working so hard to barely break even financially and that I couldn't get a better job even with my two bachelors degrees and research experience. (during my undergraduate studies I was a paid research assistant for linguistic study pertaining to syntax and tonology) After I quit my jobs my debts from a car loan I couldn't afford piled up quickly and after two short months of joblessness I found myself without a bank account and nearly out of money. Trying to put what cash I had into a new account at a different bank so I could pay my credit card bills only created new problems as my new account was flagged as a credit risk and my funds (my last $120) were frozen for 2 weeks, causing me to fall behind on payments for all of my creditors. At this time I was still searching for more employment but was getting no response from people. I accepted a job teaching in China but the immigration process drained the remainder of my funds and ended with what i suspect is the theft of my original degrees through the mail. (the Chinese consulate requires the original documents to be sent for foreign expert approval. My degrees have not been returned to me for 3 months now and nobody at the consulate has received anything.) (cont.)
>>
So now it's November, and I still have no job. I've been eating 1-2 meals a day and sometimes not at all. I decided to try and work for myself as a cartoonist, but have yet to earn any money from making cartoons.

To summarize:

My Goal: to eat 3 meals a day and not want to kill myself.

My obstacles:

-No Bank account
-No Job
-No car
-Can't sleep when I'm too hungry
-My Identity is possibly being stolen
-Little to no desire to integrate into a traditional American workplace
-Few ties within the art community
-crippling and irrational fear of plasma donation (i'm a wuss)
- very few possessions to sell
- borrowing from relatives is out of the question
- $2.83 to last me till the next time I get some money somehow

If anybody has any good ideas about what I can do to better my situation please let me know. Thanks for reading to those who read.
>>
>>17938339

Your first objective should be to earn any money. Start working at mc-d or a similar place till you find something better. If you are in need for food and dont have any money you also can go dumpster-diving.

Also what did you major in?
>>
>>17938373

Linguistics and International Studies
>>
sell drugs bro
>>
>>17938339

find a small job dude. give in for now (i know, it sucks) you need a little cash.
>>
>>17938339
Join the army as an officer provided you arent over 30. You will need to get original copies if your degree. After 3-4 yrs you should be back to good shape.
>>
>>17938355
You're going to have to suck it up and get a "normal" job until you have the time to search for a more desirable job.

I assume you live in a big city because you're able to survive with no car.

Find a job at the nearest coffee shop or grocery store.

That's step one, after which, you can work on your art or a in a less traditional workplace.

Secondly, open a savings account, put a couple hundred in it every pay check. Once you reach $2400, you will be able to have some job security in case your job is shit, or you can move to a new city to pursue your desires.
Keep saving and ramp your saving up as much as you can.

It'd be nice to be a cartoonist, but unless you're absolutely breathtaking already you won't get many clients / requests. Post your work on DeviantArt, go on tumblr and find people who are looking for commissions, etc. Do this until you have found a steady small stream of income from your illustrations. Then, gradually increase the cost as you get more popular.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.