[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more tolerant of modern culture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: red_tailed_hawk_11.jpg (36KB, 302x425px) Image search: [Google]
red_tailed_hawk_11.jpg
36KB, 302x425px
Im a simple guy who likes a peaceful quiet life I completely abstain from drugs and alcohol because I see them as self destructive habits that are unnecessary to have fun. It frustrates me quite a bit to see that the lifestyle I like to live is ridiculed and tossed aside in favor of hedonism. How do I become more tolerant of modern culture which glorifies most of the things I don't want to be a part of, I'd like to have friends but it seems like people like myself are becoming rarer and rarer so I guess my only option is to learn to live and let live
>>
>>17938218
Live and let live is really all you can do. It's how we are now. Some of these things in moderation are okay and not self destructive imo. There's a difference between enjoying a good red wine with dinner and binging every weekend on vodka cruisers.
>>
>>17938218
>It frustrates me quite a bit to see that the lifestyle I like to live is ridiculed and tossed aside in favor of hedonism
if you actually payed attention in history you would realize the baby boomers did 20x worse shit. heck majority of them just chain smoked all day
>>
>>17938265
I suppose you're right, it's the hammering vodka every weekend that I'm wary of
>>17938271
Im not familiar with them as this is not my country of origin
>>
Become Amish and be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>17938218

drugs and alcohol are not remotely modern culture. they phase in and out sure, but they were popular in the 80s, they were popular in the 70s, they were popular in the 60s, they were popular in the 50s, and before that they were even considered legal and normal.
>>
Stay strong. I started out like you and got so much shit for not being a hedonist that now, it's just smoking and drinking 'til death happens randomly. If only you could've been a friend of mine from before all this started.
>>
>>17938218
If you go to either /r9k/ or /pol/, I'd suggest stopping

They're hugboxes of hate that will inadvertently indoctrinate you

There's nothing wrong with getting indoctrinated, if you don't mind hating the world

But if you do mind that, get away
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.