[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: a-bad-lawyer-billboard-9.jpg (30KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
a-bad-lawyer-billboard-9.jpg
30KB, 500x335px
So a long time ago my grandfather purchased my parents house and he put my name on the deed. Alot of stuff has happened over the years and I no longer speak to my mother.

Heres my problem, I have a crazy sister who thinks that when our mother dies she is just going to move into the house. This is unacceptable for many reasons but regardless it cannot happen.

I just want to know if anyone has any legal advice on what I am to do here
>>
>>17938068
The deed is in your name.

Unless it has been changed without your knowledge, or there is something else not apparent in your account that should be all there is.
>>
Im not interested in signing a quitclaim either I want it all. They dont deserve the satisfaction of buying me out

I just worry that my sister was added to the deed without my consent which probably isnt even needed and when my mother dies my horrible sister will sneakily move in and destroy the property fucking up everything my Grandfather tried to protect me from
>>
>>17938085
I hope she forged my name. Thats what I am banking on
>>
>>17938085
Its "In" the deed that doesnt mean that I am the owner right now
>>
>>17938068
if your name is on the house, and she enters said house without permission, then she is legally trespassing. where i live, were i you, i would be within my rights to shoot her. check local laws and ordinances before proceeding.
>>
>>17938118
What if my sister was added to the deed later?

Then we both would be owners right? She still would be legally required to notify me before trying to move into it?
>>
I tried talking to my sister about this as well. She really thinks that she can just fuck me over no problem. I told her we could split the money once the house was sold. She just sees it as a free home so why sell it
>>
Dude, don't ask a bunch of wankers on an image board for legal advice - go talk to a lawyer who knows the law where the house is located.
>>
>>17938151

Having said that - if your sister is on the deed, than she also owns the house and can move in anytime she wants.

You really, really ought to see a lawyer about this.
>>
>>17938156
I have been putting it off for awhile now. Im about to be 30 and I am also poor as fuck and no longer live in the area.

I keep telling myself if I wait long enough it will work out rather than getting in a legal battle I cant afford whatsoever
>>
>>17938166
>I keep telling myself if I wait long enough it will work out...

Yeah, no, it doesn't work that way.

Also, start with the basics - what names are on the deed. Find that out.

For that matter - who's been paying the taxes on the place? If nobody pays the taxes, the county can take possession and sell it for back taxes.
>>
Working on it
>>
>>17938068
Legal advice: See a lawyer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.