[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Father wants to charge me rent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG20160830WA0000.jpg (14KB, 342x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20160830WA0000.jpg
14KB, 342x344px
>yes, I have a job
>no I can't get a better paying one, I need a year experience to even have a chance getting a better one (career step)
>rent is pretty much the amount I'd be saving monthly, so my ability to move out is severely restricted
>basically being held hostage, paying money to live somewhere I don't want to be
>looked into living in my car but it's not worth the trouble

He doesn't need the money, either. It's to teach me a lesson in responsibility. In practice I'm getting fucked in the ass by my own father. Discussing with him is not an option, what do?
>>
I will never understand why parents want to kick their kids out. As long as they are working/studying what's the problem? I would say your best bet would be to pay rent until you can get a better job or find some friends to move out with. I'd be very careful about the friends though, if they ditch you you'll be screwed.
>>
Why don't you just move out?
>>
>>17937617
I pay mom like $360/mo and get food and laundry in the deal. Sweet deal all things considered with rent what it is here.

Go do a real budget, don't be a greedy little turd, and see if you're actually being fucked. And if you're being fucked, explain that this would fuck you.
>>
>>17938762
He probably can't afford it.
>>
>>17938756
You won't understand until you have a loner khv 25 year old borderline NEET who has no ambition outside of online gaming. There's a point where you pass pity and shame and you really think that putting them out on their own will teach them to grow up, even if harsh.
>>
>>17938776
This.

You're probably getting more for your money in return for bullshit and a place that really isn't yours.

I can completely understand.

You're just gonna have to deal with it though until you move out.

How much is he charging you anyways and in return for what?
>>
>>17938776
I pay my parents 200 + labor

it's still pretty shitty, but rent in this city is literally my entire months paycheck for a 1 br apartment

i unironically wish Japanese style studios would come here so i could live in a tiny place for cheap
>>
>>17937617
find and cultivate a roommate, move out
>>
>>17938791
something like 40% of the american population under 30 is living with their parents currently. It hasn't been this bad since the great depression. But hey, as long as the nasdaq keeps climbing every one is doing great, right?
>>
>>17938877
How many of those people are going to school or starting careers and how many are doing retail and fast food, if that?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.