[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Intellectual Property Was STOLEN!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: ripoff.png (275KB, 1210x1210px) Image search: [Google]
ripoff.png
275KB, 1210x1210px
Guys, this is serious and I'm thinking of suing.
My Original Character, Jacob Letterheart, who I came up in 2012 and has been on the internet since 2015, was STOLEN AND IS BEING USED AS A STOCK ANIME PROFILE PICTURE.

As you can see from the piccture here, MY CHARACTER'S design has been RIPPED OFF and is being used WITHOUT my permission.

What should I do about this? Do I have a case? Is it possible I can get these people to pay up for stealing from me?

It's very hard when you're an aspiring and talented artist and people constantly steal from you. I want to be a professional artist and stuff like this has been very discouraging :(
>>
http://imgur.com/IHzYgRj

note how they copied so many things form me
>>
Do you know what patents are?
>>
>>17937338
The "ripoff" is like 100X better though even if you could use the law to do something it doesn't matter just talk to the person who made it and try to get them to give you credit
>>
>>17937338
You did research and made sure no character that looks like yours has ever existed professionally before?
>>
lol the rip off looks better tho. your "art" is shit.
>>
>>17937338
Dude, that's a quite fucking generic character.
>>
>>17937338
Lmao
>>
>>17937338
Sorry but your character looks kind of generic? Just one of the many human forms of Shadow the Hedgehogs. You have no case.
>>
>>17937351
I google image searched it and that's how i found out people had been using it as an avatar
>>
>>17937368
Hey man, shadow is the most unique character to have ever existed. Who would've thought that putting red and black together would look so good to edgy little faggots? Fucking genius.
>>
>>17937360
>>17937368
>>17937356
My character is based on a real person that I know in real life, and is not generic. It would have to be a great many "coincidences" for this to happen and not have it be a ripoff of my oc
>>
>>17937377
Well your character was made before you thought of him or drew him up, sorry. You weren't first.
>>
>>17937338
where and under which license did you publish the original ? also, there are 100s of manga and anime characters that look the fucking same and from before 2012
>>
Hahahaha your idea is not exactly original. No one stole anything from you chill and accept the fact that you're not that uniquie. Anyone can come up with that. I've seen and drawn something familiar. Just come up with a new idea. If you're good you'll make it. Keep drawing and stop whining. Advice - avoid posting your work on the Internet because as you post it you agree that the site can use it as it wishes. I've something like that. Good luck
>>
>>17937338
Sorry OP, you got no case here. Even if you won, the best you would get is them to take down the art and get virtually no money from it. Don't waste your time.
>>
Looks like Sasuke, Shadow gijinka, thousands of doujin, etc.
And the person in case seem to have just changed colors in another design anyway, so I think they stole the other design more than yours.
I don't think even Tumblr would take your side.
>>
>>17937424
Oh.
I can see now that I may have jumped the gun a bit on this one
>>
File: Sharingan_Transformations[1].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sharingan_Transformations[1].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>17937450
Your character is
badly drawn
generically designed
absolutely unheard of
and therefore no one would have any reason to copy it. Chill.
>>
>>17937338
Holy fuck Kerry, that's some awful shit to deal with. The only thing I can think of that comes even remotely close to it is the emotional recoil of having your own children kidnapped and sold on the black market somewhere, although I imagine this character meant much more than a mere kid, having been born out of the expanse of your very consciousness rather than some retarded chick's flesh tunnel. I'd say fuck suing them, our law system probably doesn't even cover situations of this caliber. Take matters into your own hands and give them hell, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.