[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/

Lately I've been getting panic attacks because I can't cope with the fear of death. I'm not sure if anyone out there has the same problem, but I want to know if there's a way to cope with it?

I know everyone dies at some point, and that life itself is kinda meaningless, but I wanna get over this stupid fear...

It makes me extremely anxious and it's affecting the way I think. Please help.
>>
Death is an integral part of life, if you can't handle that, kill yourself so you won't have to face it on his/her/xir terms but yours.
Kinda pathetic desu
>>
>>17936767

I've never understood this fear, why is it making you scared and anxious?
>>
>>17936767
Ah, another person with their first existential crisis.

As always, first see if you're not somehow lacking in some of these:

>sleeping well
>eating well
>exercising
>having enough sunlight
>having enjoyable human contact
>being healthy

You can only get rid of these thoughts by making yourself better. Create a comfortable world for your mind and body, occupy your mind with something you enjoy and you will start to lose interest in the idea of death.
>>
>>17936797

Because there's no way to know what happens next or if it's going to be painful or not. Idk man, I've never asked that question to myself before... When you put it that way idk how to respond. I'm just scared of not existing again, and all of my precious memories will go away, and everything I've achieved will also die with me...
>>
>>17936786

I know... but I wouldn't kill myself.
>>
>>17936786
"He/she/xir" I hope you die prematurely
>>
Do you remember before being born into this world?

Were you afraid?
>>
>>17936820

I sleep my normal 8 hours.
I love cooking so I know I'm eating well.
I should work out, yeah. But I'm not fat or anything. I'm 6'1 and weigh around 175.
I hate the sun, maybe I should go on walks sometimes.
Besides my girlfriend and family, I don't really interact with people. Unless I'm at work.
I think I'm healthy, besides having anxiety...

I used to have hobbies, and I like playing vidya a lot. That's the only thing that keeps me from having these thoughts. But when I'm out there in the real world, I start to panic about death... Idk how to explain it, but thanks for replying. Maybe I do need to create a better lifestyle and try to find some sort of happiness...
>>
Try DMT. It cured my fear of death.
>>
>>17936828
:^)
>>
>>17936843

When you put it that way... It really starts to bug me more. My mom says that when she was 16 they told her she couldn't have kids. But somehow she was able to still have me.

It's weird, because I've seen a lot of her old pictures before I was born, and it makes me feel like I've always been here in this world. Like it almost makes sense to me being my mother's kid. It feels right, ya know?
>>
>>17936849

Care to explain? I'm open about drugs, but never heard of that before. It sounds like an acid trip.
>>
>>17936820
This.

I had this same dilemma in my mid teens. You already know shit dies but it moves on. Then you become smarter and start realising that most of the afterlife talk from religion is complete horseshit because no one truly knows. So what actually happens when you die? Fuck! There isnt an answer! No one knows, fuck!

I dont know how i got over it. I just did. I just developed that sense that there is not a god damn thing i can do to stop it. I could die in the rise of machines, an asteroid strike, a super volcano, or i can fall over dead in an undiscoverable undetectable unpreventable brain aneurysm.

The fact that youre alive to contemplate your existance is a complete and utter roll of the dice. And so will be your death. Dont worry about the end and love the journey.
>>
>>17936849
Ooooh boy. Here comes joe rogan.

Naw for real though i would like to discuss DMT and how its related to "enhanced understanding" why does he and others not even involved in that circle believe that that is a viable answer. You effectively distorted your reality to make yourself feel better. Nothing more.
>>
>>17936846
>I hate the sun
>Besides my girlfriend and family, I don't really interact with people. Unless I'm at work
Maybe try relaxing in nature? You might meet some alright people too.

>But when I'm out there in the real world, I start to panic about death...
What triggers this thinking? Is it something outside or is it just you enjoying this world so much?

Your lifestyle seems okay, You may just need to find a new meaning to it. Find a gf, get kids. Stuff like that. In the end you may never stop thinking about death, most people have it on their mind occasionaly. The important thing is that it doesn't bug you or disturb you from your daily life.
>>
>>17936876

Yeah, religion is bullshit. I'd like to believe there's an afterlife, though. Maybe not like what religions say, but more of like a endless dream of your most happy memories. That'd make sense since you're technically sleeping forever..
>>
>>17936905
I didnt say religion is bullshit. Religion is good for many reasons. But they have this belief they pass on as truth and THATS bullshit for the fact that no one can or ever will know for sure. If they want to go to a place and talk about stories in a book helps them live a better life, hell yea. But i draw the line that if i beat off im going to a lake of eternal fire.

The former is usually cool Methodists, the other is normally southern baptists, in my experience.
>>
>>17936899

I do have a gf and I enjoy nature a lot. I live in the city, though. So not much going on nature-wise. And yeah, I enjoy the world. I enjoy breathing and getting to live my life. I love that I get to experience different things and learn about the world. I'm currently trying to learn a 4th language. I guess the fear comes from not having infinite time to do everything I wanna do in life. So dying for me is something that I wouldn't like to experience just because I know there's gonna be things left to do...

BTW thank you so much for the replies. It means a lot. I'll be lurking for more.
>>
>>17936947
No problem man. If you wanna know, I felt the same as you. Actually kind of feel the same right now. I love living and the fact that it's for a pretty short time upsets me. When the thought of death comes to mind I don't even know what happens. I think I have just built immunity to it. I just ignore it or pass it off with shit like "Oh well what you gonna do, maybe there is something fun to do after you die."

Try to give it time. I remember myself falling asleep every night for a month with the thoughts "Oh fuck I'm going to die one day." as it teared my mind.
>>
>>17936893

I fucking hate Joe Rogan lolol

But you can't shit on DMT. There's a reason so many people are seeking out ayahuasca treatments, because it works.

DMT is produced in your brain. It releases at birth and when you're about to die. It also releases during sleep.

What vaporizing 50 MG of DMT does to you is incredible. You take the first hit, and you feel relaxed. Very warm sensation, like dipping into a hot bubble bath.

Second hit you start to forget who you are, where you are, what you're doing on Earth. Visuals become apparent, the room turns into fractals, your vision becomes separated into patterns.

The third hit is where you break through, you lose consciousness.

What you see is subjective, what you experience is subjective, but over 90% of people who were studied after using DMT said it had massive positive effects on their life.

You basically get a screenshot of existence outside of your human life, and it's great. No war, no sadness, no stress, no problems, just pure satisfaction. I think it's where the idea of "heaven" comes from, because I had a strong sense that all my relatives and loved ones were there with me, communicating with me.

It lasts about ten minutes but feels like a lifetime. It may seem scary but as soon as you take that first hit you'll be thinking "this is what I needed." and taking the breakthrough hit becomes much easier. Even after using DMT multiple times I still get the jitters before using it, because it's extremely intense. It's like a rollercoaster waterslide, the sensation of breaking through is comparable to skydiving. Not for the faint of heart, I've had friends experience extreme panic during a DMT trip, but still come out saying "that was amazing I'm so glad I did this."
>>
>>17936990

Sounds very interesting! How can you get DMT? Is it prescribed? Is it something over the counter? I've honestly never heard from it. I googled it but I didn't look around much. I might give it a shot if death keeps bothering me so much. I usually smoke weed, not everyday, but I smoke it at the right time. When I'm relaxed at home with nothing to do. It works wonders for me.
>>
>>17936990
Not to demean it in anyway man but dosent heroin do the same shit? I mean it dosent make you hallucinate but it does give you that feeling that no matter how complete shit your life is youre better when you do it. The same could be said for other drugs i suppose but to the point that is the addictive point of heroin and why users continue to do it the "no matter what this makes all the bad go away".

So from an outside perspective, do drugs to help you relax. Drink and smoke to cut out the work week and unwind. But as for using it as a "religious" movement. I cant look at it no other way than when bender slaps a magnet against his head and leans back saying "ooooooh yeaaaaaa".
>>
>>17936767
Most people never face their fear; many are so inadequate that they're terrified of admitting it so they babble little rants about how you're the coward when they are the cowards that "can't handle it" so they make tuff.

Fear keeps us alive, safe. Thinking allows us the opportunity to learn and to change things. It's a long learning journey, full of a lot of thinking. Wish I was able to help. Maybe you can be the answer. Best.
>>
>>17936767
Are you religious? If so, believe strongly in whatever afterlife your religion promotes. You'll be fine after you die, you'll go to heaven/paradise!
If you aren't and don't see yourself becoming religious, realize that life is meaningless. Be happy while you're here, live the best life you can live and don't think about death.
If neither of these help, seek therapy. It's pretty common to seek help for issues like this, my wife had a massive fear of death for the longest time until she started seeing a therapist. Now it and most of her other issues are not a problem.
>>
>>17937097

heroin makes you feel good for a few hours then horrible for a long time.

DMT makes you feel amazing for a short time, then you remain feeling amazing for a long time, sometimes the rest of your life. Also DMT is natural and grows in every living thing on earth.

OP no it's not prescribed, it's one of the most illegal substances on earth. You gotta research how to use the darknet in order to get it, I'm not explaining that shit lolol google reddit darknetmarkets subreddit for more info.
>>
>>17937327

That's what I thought. Oh well, I asked one of my dealers and he basically said that no one in the area moves DMT, but if someone gets some it usually sells out pretty quick...
>>
>>17936767

I have this issue from time to time OP.

Usually tho I use it like as motivation to do better as far as >>17936820 said. Also medication and therapy really helps my anxiety.

Ultimately OP you can do nothing to stop it. But you also cant complain when your dead because well you are dead. So you cant sit there and be all like WELL THIS SUCKS BEING DEAD because you are dead.

Also focus on the moment. Dont live in the future or its all gonna pass by.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.