[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: anatomy-of-generations1.jpg (108KB, 753x603px) Image search: [Google]
anatomy-of-generations1.jpg
108KB, 753x603px
WTF is the matter with you people? You be running the world and shit when I'm old. Fuck. And right now I got Millennials up my ass trying to tell me they Gen-X when they 30 years old and that shit doesn't matter it just "labels." Labels my ass you guys are whack.
>>
>>17935895
>you guys are whack.

well its the states fault, so you should be pissed off at the government, not us.

also, kids have always been thought of as stupid. since fucking ancient times people have been saying the same shit. you where probably a tit when you where younger.
>>
>>17935907
Naw, it's different. I'm Gen X. Boomers didn't give a shit about us. We are a statistically very small generation. We had no power, thus the "slacker' shit and all that. But basically we had the same childhood as Boomers… we were free to go out and play all day long and come home at night, no problem. NO FUCKING CELL PHONES, no internet. No fucking social media. No, no, you guys are different. And weird. I'm not saying I'm hating on all Millis not at all but I just feel sorry for you. Believe me Boomers didn't feel sorry for us. They were jealous of us. We lucked out. When we were in our 20's in the 90's shit was GREAT. Cheap gas, cheap food, and everyone made money day trading or some shit like that. Our lives were easy… your lives are unbelievably hard. You have it so bad. Is that why you act so weird?
>>
>>17935895
>You be running the world and shit when I'm old
You're whack.
You look at millennials and think 'holy shit they are ultracompetent, ultraeducated, best infrastructure ever in the motherfucking Internet, they're gonna rule'
They see themselves as overeducated (thus passed up) for the jobs available, with ultracompetent competitors, an oversaturated market, and feel like there's no space left for them.
Don't generalize among generations, generalize among classes. A low-mid millennial has more quiet desperation in common with a low-mid boomer than with an upper millennial.
>>
>>17935922
>Is that why you act so weird?
You are a GenX, and don't recognize escapist behaviours turned up to 11? Come on.
>>
>>17935922
this is interesting discussion.

im 22, so mobile phones, and the internet, facebook etc where only becoming big as i turned about 15. i spent most of my childhood with out a phone or i had one but only used it when i really needed to, like to call a friend when i am out.

on your op pic, it says i am gen x if i am looking at it properly but im pretty sure millennial is from 94.

anyway, yeah, you're different but that is because technology, and liberal virtues have changed people of today. i think the millinials are more lazy but that is because everything is instant satisfaction now a days so its fucked up peoples patience. i never see kids outside because they are in on the internet or playing games. but yeah, i hate social media, and the way people are constantly on their phones.
>>
>>17935942
I do. I really do. But I go out and I see these groups of young people all sitting with they fucking faces in they fucking phones. Why even go out? You gotta make an effort.
>>
>>17935947
yeah, they somehow have been making Gen X younger and younger and that's stupid. Technically, my generation (born in 1970) was called the "Baby Bust." There was a STEEP drop in births from 1968 - 1976 or so… due to Roe v. Wade, creating a small generation. If you're interested in this kind of shit I'd HIGHLY recommend reading Steven Levitts' theory about Roe and how it contributed to the steep drop in crime that happened in the mid-90's.. it's in his bestselling book "Freakanomics."
>>
CUZ DEY IS WUT DEY DOES NIGGA MIP DA DOO MUFFAGUH BIX NOOD
>>
>>17935895
Being expected to do something while being held back by those expecting makes it very difficult. We're set impossibly high targets and are told we must achieve them, then live our lives hating ourselves for not achieving the targets in some cases, or acheving them but then realising it's not what YOU wanted to do in others.

Not to mention having to pay for education restricts those who aren't so wealthy. There are plently of people in the world who could make a huge difference, but because they don't get the recognition and support they need, they fail in life.

I'm Gen Z (born 1998, 18 years old) and I'm struggling to pick out a career for myself that I won't regret later in life. I want something that I'll enjoy and that I could make a difference while doing. There are plenty of options, but because the older generations are so ignorant as to our needs, most of them aren't possible.
>>
People dividing themselves up into different generations and thinking there are major differences in people based on nothing more than what year they were born in is one of the most stupid misguided ideas in the world today. OP you're smarter than this. Don't fall for this.

No particular generation is responsible for anything bad. No generation is "better" than the other generation.

I don't really know what else to say on this because this should be common sense. It blows my mind that this is even in issue in the same way that it blew my mind that slavery used to be legal. It's just so incredibly stupid.
>>
>>17935895
What, if anything, is OP on about? I get that he's angry about something, but his communication skills don't seem to extend beyond that.
>>
>>17936022
It's probably just a bitchy rant, but if anything is meant by it, it'll be about the lack of prospects of the younger generations and how we're not going to achieve much.

What he fails to notice is we're achieving more in less time.
>>
>>17936022
I'm not angry, and I'm not male. I'm just baffled. And I want you to express your cute little constant-picture-taking selves to me. That's another thing. We NEVER took pictures. You had to haul around a heavy-ass camera and then pay to have the pics developed and moreover… if someone was constantly taking pictures of us at the club or wherever to be honest, they'd look like a dick. Not even a dick. It would have been considered weird/creepy to do that. In fact, I remember back in 2000 someone took some pics of me and then gave me them in an envelope and I showed them to my bf and he was all like "that's creepy/he has a crush on you" all that. Actually, now I'm very glad I have some pics of me when I was young…
>>
>>17935988
I agree with the "No generation is better than another". But on the flip side of it, some are. Boomers and the oder Gen Xers tend to be less open minded than Millenials and Gen Z because of their upbringing. Equality, both gender and race, is becoming a more prominent in modern day society than it was 50 years ago, and that's because of the difference in generations.
>>
>>17936029
What are you achieving, exactly? The gradual disintegration of IRL social interaction?
>>
>>17936040
Now that is true. Milliennials are incredibly open-minded about gender (almost to a weird point but it's a normal progress… Gen X started that and you're moving on with it and that's pretty cool) and race. You guys are less racist. I really think that. And that's good.
>>
>>17936037
It's ease of access. If you take away the ability to solve all inquiries at hand, people would actually have to -do things- in order to figure out the answer, should no one around have it. Now, as we've all said, the internet is in our hands/ pockets and goes with us everywhere. It's also a phone, which you used to have attached to the wall and corded, a camera which was clunky, a notepad, radio, you name it. Why even be prepared for an event if your one single device negates needing friends to bring the things you don't have? Why even have friends? You can have virtual "likes" and "followers" and feel adored.
Dating? Fuck that, I'm going to swipe at faces likes I'm god, judging "heaven or hell" with my finger until someone with less of a personality thinks that's appealing. Then, we can go on a not date straight to the living room for some quality, "let's be on our phones as a movie plays in the background until we fuck and you leave" time. You're honestly lucky if youre not in the dating scene right now because it's straight up saddening. I'm 25 and this shit already sucks.
>>
>>17936043
Technology.
Tech has developed at a significantly faster pace in the past 10 years than it had for the 50 years before that. There are a lot of people in Gen Y/Z that are really pushing the boat out there in terms of technological advancement, and that's a great thing.

I'm not implying no other generation has done anything for tech, as there are people like Bill Gates and Elon Musk who have done a lot, but you also have to remember about the people working for them who aren't getting the credit for their work.
>>
>>17935895
You type like a nigger.

>>/out/
>>
>>17936043
We're socializing face to face and on our phones simultaneously, and we're sharing our irl experience with others. I'm sorry if that's not enough communication skill for you.

t. born in '95
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.